00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ParallaxDraw just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Supporting Each Others

1,979 Views | 28 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Supporting Each Others 2017-05-18 17:41:43

Hi there!

Lately the exposure on NG doesn't bring as much as it used to be. I see a lot of the old big names getting away... actually beside @Troisnyx I don't see any of them... @MaestroRage, @Bad-Man-Incorporated, @Rig and a lot of others... not anymore around.
Anyway, many of us are on AudioJungle, selling royalty free music and many of us are on Bandcamp or Spotify as well, and THIS is where we can help each other.

If you are on Bandcamp, post a link to your album here, make it temporary 1$ so newgrounders can buy it. If you have a lot of sales it will create some traction, it will appear on "selling right now" page and "best selling" page, will get featured on the frontpage, which will attract more buyers.
Remember to let a nice review also.
It works only if you have a Bandcamp page.
After it gets bought by newgrounders, you may put back the price you originally had.
Let's make it a "I'll buy yours, you buy mine" type of deal.

If you have your music on Spotify, shot a link here and we'll listen. It doesn't cost anything but might bring some attention to your music.
Adding the tracks to a collection might also help.

Cheers! I hope I'll see some more newgrounders here ;)

Response to Supporting Each Others 2017-05-18 18:48:38

At 5/18/17 05:41 PM, sorohanro wrote: Hi there!

Lately the exposure on NG doesn't bring as much as it used to be. I see a lot of the old big names getting away... actually beside @Troisnyx I don't see any of them... @MaestroRage, @Bad-Man-Incorporated, @Rig and a lot of others... not anymore around.

Rig has returned, by the way, as audio moderator. Just thought I'd let you know.

Response to Supporting Each Others 2017-05-18 20:05:03

At 5/18/17 06:48 PM, Troisnyx wrote: Rig has returned

This should be the title of an album!

Response to Supporting Each Others 2017-05-18 21:45:38

what u talking about, we still have mich, we still have BD, we still have that evil raccoon.

Response to Supporting Each Others 2017-05-18 22:03:01

Personally, I wouldn't dare to put a price on my music at this point but it does sound like a good idea.

Response to Supporting Each Others 2017-05-19 17:41:49

At 5/18/17 10:20 PM, MistyWaterflower wrote: part of me wants to play jazz, the other part doesn't
it's really frustrating fam

Try a combination. Prog metal + jazz it's a pretty cool thing. House + jazz is also cool and maybe more popular. Dubstep + jazz is silly, but I tried it anyway.
If you have a Bandcamp or music on Spotify leave here a link, after all that was the purpose of the thread here ;)

At 5/18/17 10:03 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote: Personally, I wouldn't dare to put a price on my music at this point but it does sound like a good idea.

The point wasn't that. The point was if your album costs 10$ or similar price, the people who are in the "buy mine and I'll buy yours" might make a hole in their budget, so, chose the smaller price.

At 5/18/17 09:45 PM, SnowTeddy wrote: what u talking about, we still have mich, we still have BD, we still have that evil raccoon.

Well, young person, when I was young, those were "the new guys"...
And again, if you have a Bandcamp or music on Spotify leave here a link, after all that was the purpose of the thread here ;)

Response to Supporting Each Others 2017-05-19 17:50:29

https://snowteddy.bandcamp.com/album/ground-zero

I'm not really that new, I was here when MaestroRage had multiple alts, and Danman87 still in the forum. The good old days when this place was more cocky than ever.

Response to Supporting Each Others 2017-05-19 22:39:41

Response to Supporting Each Others 2017-05-20 01:57:27

I'll play along. It's not like this thing was selling anyway. HELP ME, I'M STARVING!

https://eod696.bandcamp.com/album/mech-obsession

Response to Supporting Each Others 2017-05-20 17:11:51

At 5/18/17 05:41 PM, sorohanro wrote:

I don't sell my music anywhere. I'm still happy to give it away and I still upload here, when I can. The only stuff that is getting sold is through my movie scoring..and I don't have any control over it. It's through the distributors. Sadly, I can't make it cheaper, for NG'ers. Although, it already is pretty cheap. :)

Great idea here, though. :)
Glad to see you.

BBS Signature

Response to Supporting Each Others 2017-05-20 18:02:47

Bought some, will leave some positive reviews later.

Response to Supporting Each Others 2017-05-20 18:12:08

At 5/20/17 05:11 PM, Bad-Man-Incorporated wrote: Great idea here, though. :)
Glad to see you.

OMGOMGOMG!!! You here... so cool.
Bought your band some time ago on Bandcamp, cool band. You should also use Bandcamp, we should do a collab again, maybe a full album.

Response to Supporting Each Others 2017-05-20 20:37:18

At 5/20/17 06:12 PM, sorohanro wrote:
At 5/20/17 05:11 PM, Bad-Man-Incorporated wrote: Great idea here, though. :)
Glad to see you.
OMGOMGOMG!!! You here... so cool.
Bought your band some time ago on Bandcamp, cool band. You should also use Bandcamp, we should do a collab again, maybe a full album.

awesome. I forget about my band when pushing sales and such. Thank you for your support!! We just released another album, this month, and it's all done on a 7 string. Fun.
I'm always down for collabing, brother!

BBS Signature

Response to Supporting Each Others 2017-05-20 21:43:50 (edited 2017-05-20 21:53:06)

At 5/20/17 01:57 AM, EoD696 wrote: I'll play along. It's not like this thing was selling anyway. HELP ME, I'M STARVING!

https://eod696.bandcamp.com/album/mech-obsession

This is actually really cool. I'm'a build a cart.

@sorohanro do I need to have a fan page on bandcamp in order for this to work right? and where's your page?

Response to Supporting Each Others 2017-05-21 03:23:19

At 5/18/17 09:45 PM, SnowTeddy wrote: what u talking about, we still have mich, we still have BD, we still have that evil raccoon.

Help us...we're locked in the basement.

BBS Signature

Response to Supporting Each Others 2017-05-21 09:05:25

At 5/20/17 09:43 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote: @sorohanro do I need to have a fan page on bandcamp in order for this to work right? and where's your page?

I think it gets created automatically when you buy music (if you already have a Bancamp artist page).

Response to Supporting Each Others 2017-05-21 13:58:18

At 5/21/17 09:05 AM, sorohanro wrote:
At 5/20/17 09:43 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote: @sorohanro do I need to have a fan page on bandcamp in order for this to work right? and where's your page?
I think it gets created automatically when you buy music (if you already have a Bancamp artist page).

I bought one before, but don't have a fan page... I just made one :P

Response to Supporting Each Others 2017-05-21 14:40:47

At 5/21/17 01:58 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote: I bought one before, but don't have a fan page... I just made one :P

So it was you... Thanks.
I wrote also some reviews to everybody. Let's see what's next.

Response to Supporting Each Others 2017-05-21 15:31:37

At 5/21/17 02:40 PM, sorohanro wrote:
At 5/21/17 01:58 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote: I bought one before, but don't have a fan page... I just made one :P
So it was you... Thanks.

should i buy those link listed here?

Response to Supporting Each Others 2017-05-21 17:59:31

At 5/21/17 03:31 PM, SnowTeddy wrote: should i buy those link listed here?

Would be probably nice to return the favor, yet, it isn't enforced by anyone. If you do so, would be good only if you have a fan account and you would leave a review too.
That's the point of it, to promote each-others, so the music gets more visibility and more clients.

Response to Supporting Each Others 2017-05-21 22:00:23

At 5/21/17 03:31 PM, SnowTeddy wrote:
At 5/21/17 02:40 PM, sorohanro wrote:
So it was you... Thanks.
should i buy those link listed here?

That's what I'm doin'

Response to Supporting Each Others 2017-05-21 22:57:01

At 5/21/17 10:00 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote: That's what I'm doin'

just bought for both of you :)

Response to Supporting Each Others 2017-05-22 07:51:41

At 5/21/17 10:57 PM, SnowTeddy wrote:
At 5/21/17 10:00 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote: That's what I'm doin'
just bought for both of you :)

Sorry this is taking so long, I'm having an issue with pay pal -_-

Response to Supporting Each Others 2017-05-22 08:15:33

At 5/21/17 10:57 PM, SnowTeddy wrote: just bought for both of you :)

Thanks, really appreciate this.

At 5/22/17 07:51 AM, Rahmemhotep wrote: Sorry this is taking so long, I'm having an issue with pay pal -_-

No worries and no need to apologize, we're helping each other because we;re nice, not because is mandatory. Hope the issues are not big or bad.

Response to Supporting Each Others 2017-05-22 21:37:28

At 5/18/17 10:20 PM, MistyWaterflower wrote: part of me wants to play jazz, the other part doesn't

it's really frustrating fam

Obviously the first part of you just needs to play jazz loud enough to drown out the second part.

Response to Supporting Each Others 2017-05-23 03:09:11

At 5/18/17 05:41 PM, sorohanro wrote: Hi there!

Anyway, many of us are on AudioJungle, selling royalty free music and many of us are on Bandcamp or Spotify as well, and THIS is where we can help each other.

If you are on Bandcamp, post a link to your album here, make it temporary 1$ so newgrounders can buy it. If you have a lot of sales it will create some traction, it will appear on "selling right now" page and "best selling" page, will get featured on the frontpage, which will attract more buyers.
Remember to let a nice review also.
It works only if you have a Bandcamp page.
After it gets bought by newgrounders, you may put back the price you originally had.
Let's make it a "I'll buy yours, you buy mine" type of deal.

If you have your music on Spotify, shot a link here and we'll listen. It doesn't cost anything but might bring some attention to your music.
Adding the tracks to a collection might also help.

So you want to promote any music made by this community regardless of the quality ?
Rather have the good creators just upload on a frequent basis and have them grow their sales than just promoting any newgrounds member that is willing to post in this topic.

Response to Supporting Each Others 2017-05-23 06:42:49

At 5/23/17 03:09 AM, iHeavenly wrote: So you want to promote any music made by this community regardless of the quality ?
Rather have the good creators just upload on a frequent basis and have them grow their sales than just promoting any newgrounds member that is willing to post in this topic.

Good point there. I was also thinking of that.
If the music is shit, I would say to the newgrounder it's shit and I'm not going to buy it. Meanwhile, writing a review there, in a more serious manner would probably help. It's not like the people who see the music on Bandcamp will buy it just because they see it on front page. They will buy it if they like it.

There are tons of good artists on Newgrounds who are stuck here. Some of newgrounders got to make music for Disney, started their own companies, made music for big game industry names, got featured in adds for Coca-Cola, independent movies...etc, but some have no chance to get their name "out there", and this "orchestrated support" might help them (and to be fair, would help me too).

Thinking of it, would probably help Newgrounds too. I have some friends who are really good with music making and when I suggested them to get on Newgrounds they told me "it's not a serious place", "wake up, it's not the 90s anymore"...etc. negrounds would benefit also with some more success stories.

What is your take on this? How would you fix it to be better?

Response to Supporting Each Others 2017-05-30 14:08:12

Are you guys still doing this? I bought a couple albums when the thread first started, but I wanted to wait until I had released a quality album before asking for money lol.
Here it is. Enjoy!

BBS Signature

Response to Supporting Each Others 2017-05-30 17:54:01

At 5/30/17 02:08 PM, larrynachos wrote: Here it is. Enjoy!

There are some really cool ideas there.