00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

JamesChrist just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

May COTM: LEVEL CAP!

78,744 Views | 1,133 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to May COTM: LEVEL CAP! 2017-05-01 14:07:02

Update on my one... im okay with it, its gonna be my first ever full digital painting <3

Response to May COTM: LEVEL CAP! 2017-05-01 14:15:37

I first had the idea to make Cinderella a super bad-ass assassin with glass weapons and armour. Now all I want to do is make all the princesses super bad-ass. What do you guys think?

Response to May COTM: LEVEL CAP! 2017-05-01 14:22:47

At 5/1/17 01:16 PM, Ribalt wrote:
At 5/1/17 12:49 PM, JinxyF wrote: Which would be best and most suitable do you all think?
Heyho!

The dillema You have is a hard one since every mentioned character fits well for the challenge. If I were to help I'd probably suggest Lucy, since she is not an obvious choice, or Sailor Pluto or Asui due to them having distinguishable features :)

Then again, my best advice for You is to find a character You'll be most comfortable with while drawing. Think of what You like drawing, for example - I like drawing metalic surfaces so I chose a character that has a lot of them, so that I can have some fun with it. You may like drawing clothing, magic effects, illustrations full of color and so on and I would advise using this as your guide in making Your final decission. It's good to choose something You like doing ^^

If my message is unclear and / or chaotic I'm sorry, I'm a bit tired and also I'm trying not to miss anything I wanted to say

thanks for the responce
I used your advice and drew up a concept for each character like 7 minute for each then went through all of them until I got something I liked.
I ditched Asui and Lucy because Lucy was starting to look a lot like a greek goddess, and Asui was getting very impractical, Sakura turned into a Princess Precure rather quickly so I ditched her, I was left with Pluto and Amethyst, So I went between them for like 20 minutes before settling on amethyst because I love messing around with textures so even though she'll probably be a quite used character I have ideas to do like realllllly out there with like Crystal armour an even more dangerous whip, ECT.
But thanks so much for the help

Response to May COTM: LEVEL CAP! 2017-05-01 14:27:34

At 5/1/17 02:15 PM, aBagel145 wrote: I first had the idea to make Cinderella a super bad-ass assassin with glass weapons and armour. Now all I want to do is make all the princesses super bad-ass. What do you guys think?

Dude all of those concepts sound awesome, if you can go for a super girl trio!

Response to May COTM: LEVEL CAP! 2017-05-01 14:32:30

can I draw Marvel's Legion? not sure if he's well known or not ._.

Response to May COTM: LEVEL CAP! 2017-05-01 14:36:04

At 5/1/17 02:22 PM, JinxyF wrote: But thanks so much for the help

Haha, it's good to hear that I was helpful ^^ Your idea sounds awesome, best of luck and have fun with drawing!

Response to May COTM: LEVEL CAP! 2017-05-01 14:36:19

At 5/1/17 02:27 PM, JinxyF wrote:
At 5/1/17 02:15 PM, aBagel145 wrote: I first had the idea to make Cinderella a super bad-ass assassin with glass weapons and armour. Now all I want to do is make all the princesses super bad-ass. What do you guys think?
Dude all of those concepts sound awesome, if you can go for a super girl trio!

Thank you! I've never tried to take an existing character and change them so I think I'm gonna start with cinderella or Ariel and then if I have time I'll add more. And if I can't get them all in for the competition, I still want to design them all anyway.

Response to May COTM: LEVEL CAP! 2017-05-01 14:41:14

I decided to try Princess Bubblegum :3 I hope it will turn out alright

Response to May COTM: LEVEL CAP! 2017-05-01 14:47:34

Has anyone an idea of characters from games such as Halo, Assassin's Creed, Undertale, etc.?
I already have my idea but I just wanna know if anyone is planning to use those sorts of characters.

Response to May COTM: LEVEL CAP! 2017-05-01 15:29:23

Can anyone already guess the character?

Response to May COTM: LEVEL CAP! 2017-05-01 15:31:12

I think I have a pretty god idea, just need to make it happen, but before I begin I have a few questions.

1) Can it be from a TV show AND a movie at the same time? I'm sure he mentioned something about this but I got too excited by it all and forgot what he said already. :D

2) Can it be traditional art...I'm terrible at digital xD

Thanks

Response to May COTM: LEVEL CAP! 2017-05-01 15:34:05

Hi!
Well, I have an idea for the environment: You can put glass shards behind/Around Cinderella so it looks even more epic ;)

Response to May COTM: LEVEL CAP! 2017-05-01 15:41:27

At 5/1/17 03:31 PM, AGeekyFantasy wrote: I think I have a pretty god idea, just need to make it happen, but before I begin I have a few questions.

1) Can it be from a TV show AND a movie at the same time? I'm sure he mentioned something about this but I got too excited by it all and forgot what he said already. :D

2) Can it be traditional art...I'm terrible at digital xD

Thanks

It can be from both because it just has to be a character from something popular.
Yes Traditional art is fine.

Response to May COTM: LEVEL CAP! 2017-05-01 15:43:06

At 5/1/17 03:34 PM, LukiChat wrote: Hi!
Well, I have an idea for the environment: You can put glass shards behind/Around Cinderella so it looks even more epic ;)

Ooh that sounds really cool!! Thank you!

Response to May COTM: LEVEL CAP! 2017-05-01 16:05:53

Woooo, Got a concept, I'll only upload the really crappy sketch for now, No one will know how awesome it'll be!
(Seriously though I just hope I don't make a major mistake like last time).
Critic would be appreciated.

Response to May COTM: LEVEL CAP! 2017-05-01 16:44:41

Colouring has started, anyone know of any backgrounds i could use for this? I cant think of a well fitting one

Response to May COTM: LEVEL CAP! 2017-05-01 17:11:05

A screenshot of my mid-progress

Response to May COTM: LEVEL CAP! 2017-05-01 17:31:37

At 5/1/17 03:26 AM, B-Eze wrote: Who's going to do an awesome lvl99 Jazza? There must be someone

He's not at Pop Culture level yet wait 20-30 years then jazza will be :D

Response to May COTM: LEVEL CAP! 2017-05-01 17:45:41

At 5/1/17 05:11 PM, MJoulid wrote: A screenshot of my mid-progress

Is that the talking tom cat? :'D

Response to May COTM: LEVEL CAP! 2017-05-01 17:51:20

At 5/1/17 05:45 PM, MegaDamned wrote:
Is that the talking tom cat? :'D

Isn't it Ratchet from "Ratchet and Clank" actually?

Response to May COTM: LEVEL CAP! 2017-05-01 17:54:26

At 5/1/17 08:51 AM, nickwest1210 wrote: Any ideas on how I could level cap snorlax.

Make it extra fat XD

Response to May COTM: LEVEL CAP! 2017-05-01 18:13:50

Hi, I want to participate and have some ideas, but I have a question- how do I know which category I should enter? My art is decent, but I'm not sure it's good enough for the open category.

Response to May COTM: LEVEL CAP! 2017-05-01 18:22:03 (edited 2017-05-01 18:22:31)

At 5/1/17 06:13 PM, EfreetArtificer wrote: Hi, I want to participate and have some ideas, but I have a question- how do I know which category I should enter? My art is decent, but I'm not sure it's good enough for the open category.

If You feel that You're not a total begginer in drawing and You have at least some experience, then go on and join the open category. After all it's more fun to ride a regular bike instead of having training wheels attached :D

Response to May COTM: LEVEL CAP! 2017-05-01 18:25:16

At 5/1/17 04:05 PM, JinxyF wrote: Woooo, Got a concept, I'll only upload the really crappy sketch, for now, No one will know how awesome it'll be!
(Seriously though I just hope I don't make a major mistake like last time).
Critic would be appreciated.

Well, I think you should make her a little bit taller and make her seem a little stronger, as Amethyst would want to be, I personally think you should add features that resemble Jasper or to keep Amethyst's round composure, you can add her a little bit of Garnet.

Response to May COTM: LEVEL CAP! 2017-05-01 18:27:11

sooo... this is what i've got so far, decided to make a lvl 99 marty mcfly with his uprgraded hoverboard, what do you think?

Response to May COTM: LEVEL CAP! 2017-05-01 18:29:04

At 5/1/17 06:22 PM, Ribalt wrote:
At 5/1/17 06:13 PM, EfreetArtificer wrote: Hi, I want to participate and have some ideas, but I have a question- how do I know which category I should enter? My art is decent, but I'm not sure it's good enough for the open category.
If You feel that You're not a total begginer in drawing and You have at least some experience, then go on and join the open category. After all it's more fun to ride a regular bike instead of having training wheels attached :D

Yeah, you're right! Plus the prices sound awesome in the open category.
I'll make sure to upload my sketch later.
By the way, does salad fingers count as a pop culture character? Just asking :v

Response to May COTM: LEVEL CAP! 2017-05-01 18:37:36

Rough idea for my lvl cap character. Yosemite Sam from the looney tunes universe, hench af, guns for hands, and a long wisdomous moustashe.

Response to May COTM: LEVEL CAP! 2017-05-01 18:43:04

Yeah, you're right! Plus the prices sound awesome in the open category.
I'll make sure to upload my sketch later.
By the way, does salad fingers count as a pop culture character? Just asking :v

OMG please salad fingers! That'll be hilarious... I wonder what his max level would look like. Maybe something to do with rusty spoons...

Response to May COTM: LEVEL CAP! 2017-05-01 18:45:57

I have started a design on tigger. Not sure I'll stick with it, but there are definitely elements I like about it. Opinions anyone? What parts should I keep/add in/ drop? Good luck everyone!

Response to May COTM: LEVEL CAP! 2017-05-01 19:40:04 (edited 2017-05-01 19:41:04)

SO I'm very new to the monthly challenge and new grounds, and I've been having trouble with tags so I'll just respond to do this. Link to THE PROOF https://www.instagram.com/p/BTkTVJIFTVf/?taken-by=scribble_on_paper . Tittle= Mikey mouse the slaughter house. #B-LVL99