00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

marbleheadzzz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Getting Logged Out

1,088 Views | 22 Replies

Getting Logged Out 2017-04-27 09:09:57

Question: When you log in, do you check the box to stay logged in? If so, do you find yourself getting logged out occasionally? If so, how often does it happen and does it seem totally random or does it seem to correlate between something such as logging in from two different computers? What browser / OS do you use?

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Getting Logged Out 2017-04-27 09:13:27

At 4/27/17 09:09 AM, TomFulp wrote: Question: When you log in, do you check the box to stay logged in?

Always

If so, do you find yourself getting logged out occasionally?

Nope

If so, how often does it happen and does it seem totally random or does it seem to correlate between something such as logging in from two different computers?

N/A

What browser / OS do you use?

Chrome

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to Getting Logged Out 2017-04-27 10:19:33 (edited 2017-04-27 10:24:16)

i never log out unless i sign out manually or i sign out of chrome. What about you @tomfulp are YOU always logged in?

Response to Getting Logged Out 2017-04-27 11:25:49

I always check the "Keep my logged in" checkbox and I do find myself logged out occasionally.

It does have something to do with logging in from different places. In this case it's two different Chrome instances on the same computer. However, only the one that isn't frequently used is logged out. Perhaps just a cookie expiring or something.

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1. Chrome Version 57.0.2987.133.

This post is generated by human intelligence (or lack thereof).

Response to Getting Logged Out 2017-04-27 11:39:23

At 4/27/17 09:09 AM, TomFulp wrote: Question: When you log in, do you check the box to stay logged in?

Always

Nope

If so, how often does it happen and does it seem totally random or does it seem to correlate between something such as logging in from two different computers?

N/A

Firefox / Win7...also sometimes Firefox / Win10 and sometimes Safari / iOS (whatever it's latest version is). Sometimes I use chrome too....and sometimes I use IE6, just to piss you off.

Response to Getting Logged Out 2017-04-27 12:15:43

Yeah, I check the box.

Pretty sure I haven't, no

I use firefox (don't hit me)

Response to Getting Logged Out 2017-04-27 13:29:05

Yes.

No. It happened only once and that was when my computer crashed, so I blamed it on that.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Getting Logged Out 2017-04-27 14:59:28

Yes, only for the computers I use only.

No.

N/a

Firefox. Windows 7

NG Review Moderator // Pm me for Review Abuse

BBS Signature

Response to Getting Logged Out 2017-04-27 15:14:16

Always logged in. Never logged out. I use Chrome and Opera on Win 10 with my computer, and I'm always logged in when using my 3DS, too, for what little that's worth. CR, on the other hand, constantly requires me to sign back in. It's quite obnoxious.

Response to Getting Logged Out 2017-04-27 15:31:48

Only when I haven't closed all the sessions I've opened across multiple PCs is when it happens.
Other than that I have never encountered any log in issues before.

Response to Getting Logged Out 2017-04-27 15:33:19

The only time I get logged out is when I clean up behind myself.

Pretty much the same 2 log in sources and chrome.

Response to Getting Logged Out 2017-04-27 15:37:01

At 4/27/17 09:09 AM, TomFulp wrote: Question: When you log in, do you check the box to stay logged in? If so, do you find yourself getting logged out occasionally?

Yes, and I think it happened just once a day ago. I had actually forgotten about it till now.

If so, how often does it happen and does it seem totally random or does it seem to correlate between something such as logging in from two different computers? What browser / OS do you use?

It only happened to me once, I stay logged in on my desktop and phone though.

My phone is a Samsung and I use Firefox, and my PC uses Win 10 and I use Chrome.

Response to Getting Logged Out 2017-04-27 16:22:34

I do get logged out despite always using the "stay logged in" box but I just assumed it was me clearing cookies or something of the sort.

It happens randomly every few months. I use Microsoft Edge as a browser on the PC and Opera on my phone

???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era,

What have I done with my life?

BBS Signature

Response to Getting Logged Out 2017-04-27 22:47:40

Yup.

Only if I clear my cache or history, other than that, never.

Chrome both on my Windows 7 computer and Android phone.

This post will actually appear at the bottom of this page.

BBS Signature

Response to Getting Logged Out 2017-04-28 09:05:28

Yep

Yep

I visit NG once or twice a month, and then I'm usually logged out. Around ~3-4 weeks after my last login I'd be logged out. Happens pretty regularly. Not clearing cookies on my browser or anything. Not logging in from different devices. Didn't leave the country or anything. I'm not getting logged out on any other sites.

Mac OS, Chrome Canary

A little puzzle game for your Android. Worked on this with kendja.

BBS Signature

Response to Getting Logged Out 2017-04-28 13:11:24

this happened to me once about a week ago.
I use chrome on windoes 10.
i personally don't think having to login all the time to any site is annoying.
are you trying to keep us from logging out forever?
why not remove the logout button?
it's ok if you want to keep us forever tom
remove the logout codes so no one can leave... (O_O )

Response to Getting Logged Out 2017-04-28 14:20:52

At 4/28/17 01:11 PM, Tentan wrote: this happened to me once about a week ago.
I use chrome on windoes 10.
i personally don't think having to login all the time to any site is annoying.
are you trying to keep us from logging out forever?
why not remove the logout button?
it's ok if you want to keep us forever tom
remove the logout codes so no one can leave... (O_O )

Not trying to keep people from logging out, just wondering why some people get logged out when they have checked the box to stay logged in.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Getting Logged Out 2017-04-28 21:22:52

Tom,

First, FireFox, Windows XP SP3 (yeah, I know...) and I never log in from any other computer.

Getting logged out?

Once in a while. It seems to happen whenever you guys do something like a background change. Might be something to do with conditional cookies, or database changes, or whatever. I'm no expert, and I've got my XP set to be particularly paranoid, since I don't get those cheesy security updates that fix things which should have been caught years ago...

Not a problem, though. Logging back in is absolutely painless and works perfectly.

Also, thanks for keeping this place up and running. It's gratifying to visit a place that I have been for a long, long, time.

Threads to remember: Dickneck, Penicorns, SirTom93's School Incident, and EyeLovePoozy's thread about his job.

Response to Getting Logged Out 2017-04-30 00:52:04 (edited 2017-04-30 00:53:39)

1. Always

2. Nope

3. Chrome

Drink it in mannnnn

Getting Logged Out

Response to Getting Logged Out 2017-04-30 17:41:08 (edited 2017-04-30 17:41:46)

Yes.

Sometimes.

Happens when I switch terminals or phones, especially on different VPN networks.

Lolifox 2, with a custom stripped-down [REDACTED]

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

BBS Signature

Response to Getting Logged Out 2017-04-30 20:25:29

At 4/27/17 09:09 AM, TomFulp wrote: Question: When you log in, do you check the box to stay logged in? If so, do you find yourself getting logged out occasionally? If so, how often does it happen and does it seem totally random or does it seem to correlate between something such as logging in from two different computers? What browser / OS do you use?

I stay logged in, I got logged out after maintenance the other day but that's it.

Master of questionable life choices

Response to Getting Logged Out 2017-05-06 11:02:54

At 4/30/17 09:24 PM, tyler2513 wrote: Using Chrome I generally stay logged in for weeks at a time. So other than that one user that still uses Internet Explorer I think it's all good.

Nah I disagree, read the posts. I'm using Chrome, I get logged out on both Chrome and Firefox.

Since this thread started I got logged out on my Chrome twice and on my Firefox once.

A little puzzle game for your Android. Worked on this with kendja.

BBS Signature

Response to Getting Logged Out 2017-05-06 22:31:01

I check the box to stay logged on. Only way I get logged out is if I log out manually.

I turn water into water

BBS Signature