00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

NisoXD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What do you thing of my art.

465 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

What do you thing of my art. 2017-04-23 06:59:58

http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/jonsson7/sniper-the-cat

I'm new here and need some feedback of my art.

What do you thing of my art.

Response to What do you thing of my art. 2017-04-23 15:16:53

Hey! I don't usually say this, but I actually cannot find a single major flaw with this piece since everything is pretty much spot-on. I guess the shading on the muzzle makes it look flat, but I didn't even notice it until I stared at it long enough. Nice work man.

But one thing I'd like to ask is: did you originally make this on a large canvas and rescale it down by a large amount? Because I actually thought you stole this because of the super small resolution and while the image itself appears to be of super high quality. But then I put two and two together and realized that your signature matched your alias and that there wasn't a larger or sharpened image for it anywhere around. It's not really a big deal, but I just wanted to let you know since we've had issues in the past of people trying to impersonate highly skilled artists. .w.

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to What do you thing of my art. 2017-04-24 00:35:51

Welcome!

But I'm curious, you've got two highly polished works and two that are... How should I put it? Lacking? As you haven't put much up I took a look at your Deviantart and your work is extremely varied. You've got polished cats, portraits that look unfinished and ponies that could do some work on, such as lighting and colour theory (which I thought you'd have given this piece). Did you use reference and trace over? As compared to your other works it doesn't look like it belongs.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not grilling you! There are realistic artists out there. But either this is a full blow trace/paint or you're just really good at cats.

- I do not wish to hurt you, just merely torture you -

BBS Signature

Response to What do you thing of my art. 2017-04-25 11:26:00

At 4/24/17 12:35 AM, NilesCD wrote: Welcome!

But I'm curious, you've got two highly polished works and two that are... How should I put it? Lacking? As you haven't put much up I took a look at your Deviantart and your work is extremely varied. You've got polished cats, portraits that look unfinished and ponies that could do some work on, such as lighting and colour theory (which I thought you'd have given this piece). Did you use reference and trace over? As compared to your other works it doesn't look like it belongs.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not grilling you! There are realistic artists out there. But either this is a full blow trace/paint or you're just really good at cats.

I use referens when I do the cats. Look att the link to the speedpaintings and you will see.
A wanted some critics and got them. Love you question.
Many Paintings I have put up is experiments. Cuse I new to digital painting. Just done this for about 1 year.

Response to What do you thing of my art. 2017-04-25 11:33:38

At 4/23/17 03:16 PM, Oddlem wrote: Hey! I don't usually say this, but I actually cannot find a single major flaw with this piece since everything is pretty much spot-on. I guess the shading on the muzzle makes it look flat, but I didn't even notice it until I stared at it long enough. Nice work man.

But one thing I'd like to ask is: did you originally make this on a large canvas and rescale it down by a large amount? Because I actually thought you stole this because of the super small resolution and while the image itself appears to be of super high quality. But then I put two and two together and realized that your signature matched your alias and that there wasn't a larger or sharpened image for it anywhere around. It's not really a big deal, but I just wanted to let you know since we've had issues in the past of people trying to impersonate highly skilled artists. .w.

I understand. I have the high quality painting on my computer. But on the internet I decriease the paintings. If some one want the hight resulution the they have to pay for it. I also put watermarks on my finest.
Love you question.

Response to What do you thing of my art. 2017-04-25 19:34:39

I thing dat's bretty gud bro.

Master of questionable life choices

Response to What do you thing of my art. 2017-04-25 20:31:09

At 4/25/17 07:34 PM, MinatoArisato wrote: I thing dat's bretty gud bro.

Thank you

Response to What do you thing of my art. 2017-04-26 03:21:15

At 4/23/17 01:33 PM, TheOverGhoul wrote: Certainly amazing and i think you're talented enough (more than enough actually) to be in the art portal, sent a portal invite.
Please take a moment to read this post before you accept it.
http://theoverghoul.newgrounds.com/news/post/970722
Welcome to Newgrounds btw and i hope to see you sharing more of your artworks with us!

Thank you

Response to What do you thing of my art. 2017-04-26 14:13:18

At 4/26/17 11:04 AM, Gutnacht wrote: You do a pretty good job at hyperrealistic art, but the mlp rubbish turned me off right away. Good luck otherwise.

Thank you. We all have different taste in series.