New Topic Respond to this Topic
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
2016-'17 NBA Playoff thread. 2017-04-16 20:42:12 Reply

It's that time of the year again, the NBA basketball (redundant, I know) playoffs are here. Here are the matchups:

Eastern Conference

1. Boston Celtics vs 8. Chicago Bulls

2. Cleveland Cavaliers vs. 7. Indiana Pacers

3. Toronto Raptors vs. 6. Milwaukee Bucks

4. Washington Wizards vs. 5. Atlanta Hawks

Western Conference

1. Golden State Warriors vs. 8. Portland Trail Blazers

2. San Antonio Spurs vs. 7. Memphis Grizzlies

3. Houston Rockets vs. 6. Oklahoma City Thunder

4. Utah Jazz vs. 5. Los Angeles Clippers

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to 2016-'17 NBA Playoff thread. 2017-04-20 11:01:36 Reply

Can't complain about a 2-0 series lead for the Bulls going back to Chicago, though I don't know how much is that due to Isiah Thomas being distracted after her sister's death, or maybe just the Celtics not being as good as the 1 seed indicates and only got it because the Cavs decided to sleepwalk half of the season.

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to 2016-'17 NBA Playoff thread. 2017-04-20 12:15:21 Reply

So far so good for the Bulls I'll say though still, anything can still happen so we'll have to wait and see. I didn't think they would take a 2-0 series lead that they did right now, I was just hoping they would at least make the Celtics uncomfortable.

Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
Zornuzkull
Zornuzkull
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Movie Buff
Response to 2016-'17 NBA Playoff thread. 2017-04-20 12:38:31 Reply

FOOTBALL!!! Catch the fever!!!

2016-'17 NBA Playoff thread.

BBS Signature
akin11
akin11
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to 2016-'17 NBA Playoff thread. 2017-04-20 15:29:10 Reply

At 4/20/17 12:38 PM, Zornuzkull wrote: FOOTBALL!!! Catch the fever!!!

i love boobies

Tentan
Tentan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Audiophile
Response to 2016-'17 NBA Playoff thread. 2017-04-20 16:56:34 Reply

At 4/20/17 12:38 PM, Zornuzkull wrote: FOOTBALL!!! Catch the fever!!!

where did u find that? what's her name?

Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to 2016-'17 NBA Playoff thread. 2017-04-20 20:20:11 Reply

Looks like the Cavs got complacent this game.

Too bad it won't be for long but still, go Pacers, make it uncomfortable for them as much as possible.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to 2016-'17 NBA Playoff thread. 2017-04-20 20:29:33 Reply

At 4/20/17 08:20 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Looks like the Cavs got complacent this game.

Too bad it won't be for long but still, go Pacers, make it uncomfortable for them as much as possible.

They have been complacent since the All-star break, if not earlier. It kind of sucks that they essentially ducked us in the first round by giving the 1st seed to Boston, but it is what it is.

Could be worse for the Celtics, just ask Russell Westbrook.

BBS Signature
jupitera3
jupitera3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to 2016-'17 NBA Playoff thread. 2017-04-20 22:31:21 Reply

I personally would like to see the Golden State Warriors lose just so I could see Kevin Durant switch teams again.

raving2thegrave
raving2thegrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to 2016-'17 NBA Playoff thread. 2017-04-21 00:54:35 Reply

here's my hot take on the NBA playoffs: the celtics are the worst #1 seed in a long time and watching them get fartpoopy'd by the bulls has been both gut-wrenching and hilarious at the same time

back to you in the studio, jim

Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to 2016-'17 NBA Playoff thread. 2017-04-21 06:34:18 Reply

At 4/20/17 10:31 PM, jupitera3 wrote: I personally would like to see the Golden State Warriors lose just so I could see Kevin Durant switch teams again.

Same here, plus even Lebron didn't sink that low either since the real issue is how he did it. At least he didn't jump to the team that beat him like Durant did.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to 2016-'17 NBA Playoff thread. 2017-04-21 22:20:29 Reply

Whoa, the Pacers choked.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to 2016-'17 NBA Playoff thread. 2017-04-22 00:42:15 Reply

At 4/21/17 10:20 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Whoa, the Pacers choked.

This. Cavs had no business winning this game being down 26 with Love and Irving riding the bench, and I don't know what it honestly says. Either they are tempting fate thinking that they can "turn it on", or the fact that Indiana just gave up as they always do. Either way, George is leaving Indiana, maybe it's best that they get it over with.

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to 2016-'17 NBA Playoff thread. 2017-04-25 23:43:07 Reply

Either the Celtics are waking up or the Bulls put too much pressure on themselves. They need to pull together if they want to do more than making things uncomfortable for the Celtics.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature
Evark
Evark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Musician
Response to 2016-'17 NBA Playoff thread. 2017-04-26 13:04:40 Reply

At 4/25/17 11:43 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Either the Celtics are waking up or the Bulls put too much pressure on themselves. They need to pull together if they want to do more than making things uncomfortable for the Celtics.

Celtics are waking up. It's amazing the difference in the look of the team with the simple change to take Amir out of the lineup and put Gerald Green in. I feel much better about their chances after seeing how well they played the two away games. Now if they can take a lead in the series on a strong game tonight, I'll feel like they can take the series away from the Bulls at Chicago, even with Rondo back in the lineup.

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to 2016-'17 NBA Playoff thread. 2017-04-30 09:44:32 Reply

Looks like it's over for Chicago so now only thing left to do is to see if there's anyone in the Eastern Conference is good enough to pull off an upset against the complacent Cavs.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Gamer
Response to 2016-'17 NBA Playoff thread. 2017-04-30 10:13:50 Reply

At 4/30/17 09:44 AM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Looks like it's over for Chicago so now only thing left to do is to see if there's anyone in the Eastern Conference is good enough to pull off an upset against the complacent Cavs.

Nobody in the Eastern Conference is beating LeBron James for four games of a series. His ticket to the finals this year was in the mail before this season even began.

Sig by Luis - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer

At 4/30/17 10:13 AM, ZJ wrote:
At 4/30/17 09:44 AM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Looks like it's over for Chicago so now only thing left to do is to see if there's anyone in the Eastern Conference is good enough to pull off an upset against the complacent Cavs.
Nobody in the Eastern Conference is beating LeBron James for four games of a series. His ticket to the finals this year was in the mail before this season even began.

Yeah unfortunately since the only one on paper might have a shot is the Celtics and who do they have outside of Isiah Thomas' son? And to beat a skeletal horse, to think Lebrontards claimed that Jordan played against weak competition, what does this makes Lebron's?

I don't even hate Lebron but his fantards should die horribly.

Currytards weren't much better either...maybe even worse at points.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to 2016-'17 NBA Playoff thread. 2017-05-06 11:32:19 Reply

It seems the current round isn't worth talking about since the conference finals is where it's at considering. With the Bulls, out right now it's go Spurs.

The Bulls need a better coach.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to 2016-'17 NBA Playoff thread. 2017-05-06 18:57:02 Reply

At 5/6/17 11:32 AM, Idiot-Finder wrote: The Bulls need a better coach.

They should've never fired Thibideux, but it wouldn't mattered much because they need shooters, especially on the bench. The starting 5 isn't bad, but because they lack serious shooters, you're basically stuck playing in the paint. Unfortunately, they're not bad enough to get a high enough pick, but not good enough to be a championship contender.

Regardless, Hoiberg needs to go.

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to 2016-'17 NBA Playoff thread. 2017-05-13 17:10:14 Reply

At 5/6/17 06:57 PM, orangebomb wrote:
At 5/6/17 11:32 AM, Idiot-Finder wrote: The Bulls need a better coach.
They should've never fired Thibideux, but it wouldn't mattered much because they need shooters, especially on the bench. The starting 5 isn't bad, but because they lack serious shooters, you're basically stuck playing in the paint. Unfortunately, they're not bad enough to get a high enough pick, but not good enough to be a championship contender.

Regardless, Hoiberg needs to go.

Actually Thibs didn't help matters when he let the series get away when it had, especially letting Dellanova performing like pre-injury Rose on them. The problem is that the Bulls hired someone who is even less qualified since Thibs at least is a good defensive coach.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to 2016-'17 NBA Playoff thread. 2017-05-15 10:19:52 Reply

So it begins, do you think the Spurs can upset the Warriors? Right now they're off to a rough start as they dropped the opener, With that said, the Wizards somehow managed to push the series to 7 games, let see if it gets better but who knows. Either way neither of them will be the Refs I mean Cavs.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature
Evark
Evark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Musician
Response to 2016-'17 NBA Playoff thread. 2017-05-15 12:16:14 Reply

At 4/30/17 10:13 AM, ZJ wrote: Nobody in the Eastern Conference is beating LeBron James for four games of a series. His ticket to the finals this year was in the mail before this season even began.

Yea, this is the bittersweet spot I'm in rooting for the Celtics to pull it out against the Wizards and advance to the ECF... it'll be great to see what is basically a rebuilding team with a top pick this year and a top pick next year get to the ECF with a 1-seed; but on the other hand LeBron hasn't been anything but a guaranteed NBA finals contestant since he finally figured out how to take over against top teams and sent home my Celtics in 2011. Unless an injury changes things, I don't feel like the Celtics can get past the Cavs. I would, however, feel like the Celtics can give the Warriors a run for their money. They shoot the 3 pretty well and play small-ball very well.

Anyway, I'm mostly looking forward to how the numbers shake out tomorrow. C'monnnn lottery.

BBS Signature
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to 2016-'17 NBA Playoff thread. 2017-05-15 13:53:32 Reply

At 5/15/17 10:19 AM, Idiot-Finder wrote: So it begins, do you think the Spurs can upset the Warriors? Right now they're off to a rough start as they dropped the opener, With that said, the Wizards somehow managed to push the series to 7 games, let see if it gets better but who knows. Either way neither of them will be the Refs I mean Cavs.

Honestly, The Spurs are the only team that can beat the Warriors in a seven game series, and the only reason is because they play very good defense. I don't trust the Cavs at all (Then again, you never trust a Cleveland team) and either the Wizards or Celtics are going to be overmatched. I know what happen last year, but everything had to go right for the Cavs and a bunch of uncharacteristic events happen with GS that series, which shouldn't happen again.

Not that it matters whether Boston or Washington wins, Cavs are going to win the East barring a major injury.

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to 2016-'17 NBA Playoff thread. 2017-05-19 23:38:52 Reply

Do you think the Spurs can pout themselves back into the series by winning the next game? So far they have been getting raped, not looking good.

Brace yourselves for the third straight finals match up between the Cleveland Refs and the Golden Justice Warriors.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to 2016-'17 NBA Playoff thread. 2017-05-20 06:41:27 Reply

At 5/19/17 11:38 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Do you think the Spurs can pout themselves back into the series by winning the next game? So far they have been getting raped, not looking good.

This is they only chance that they have of making it an interesting series, which is to say get it past a sweep, judging by what happened in Game 2, I would expect the Spurs to fight back and maybe steal one at home. At least they aren't going to quit like the Celtics did and get ramrodded by 44 at home. Seriously, WTF Celtics?

Brace yourselves for the third straight finals match up between the Cleveland Refs and the Golden Justice Warriors.

At the very least, GS put in an honest effort (mostly) throughout the season whereas the Cavs practically napped through half of the regular season, arrogant bastards.

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to 2016-'17 NBA Playoff thread. 2017-05-22 23:10:06 Reply

Well, the Spurs seem to have given up which is disappointing, guess it's Golden State it is.

The Celtics somehow managed to steal a game from the Cavs, will it be the turning point?

Who am I kidding?

Please subscribe

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Gamer
Response to 2016-'17 NBA Playoff thread. 2017-05-23 10:35:12 Reply

At 5/22/17 11:10 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote:
The Celtics somehow managed to steal a game from the Cavs, will it be the turning point?

Who am I kidding?

I fully anticipate that LeBron is going to make it his mission to humiliate Boston in these next two games by helping his team to win them both by double digits. He took his foot off of the gas for one game and it led to his team losing it. I doubt he'll make that mistake again with this series.

Sig by Luis - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to 2016-'17 NBA Playoff thread. 2017-05-25 23:18:10 Reply

Well, it's finally over since the Cavs finished off the Celtics.

Here comes the same Finals match up for the third straight year.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to 2016-'17 NBA Playoff thread. 2017-05-26 11:05:01 Reply

At 5/25/17 11:18 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Well, it's finally over since the Cavs finished off the Celtics.

Here comes the same Finals match up for the third straight year.

Considering that there are 5-6 days between now and Game 1, this series will by hyped to hell and back.

With all that said, I predict that the Warriors will win the series in 6. GS has been the better team for the last 2 years let alone this year in both offense and defense, and there is no way in hell that they are going to lose a 3-1 lead like they did last year. Furthermore, Klay Thompson is way overdue to start showing up, which is not good for the Cavs considering that their defense is still unreliable.

BBS Signature