00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Nue22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

April COTM: TRADIGITAL!

32,613 Views | 354 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to April COTM: TRADIGITAL! 2017-04-22 02:54:40 (edited 2017-04-22 02:56:58)

YAAAS I got my entry finished!! kinda last minute (hope not to late), but hey its done :) And its my first ever entry too...
also does one need to post their entry in this particular topic or will a normal post do too ? (I did both just in case :D )

Response to April COTM: TRADIGITAL! 2017-04-22 04:11:24

Finished my work last night. Now that I've reached the deadline, it does not feel finished and I see so many thing I wish I could improve. But here it is: The Creation of Draw with Jazza
#tradigital

Response to April COTM: TRADIGITAL! 2017-04-22 06:20:59 (edited 2017-04-22 06:22:04)

Once again everyone's work is looking great!
This is my second ever time joining.
I still have quite some work to do.

Question:
Is the deadline 00:00 hrs Australian time or does it just have to be April 22nd in your country?
(I'm sorry if this has already been mentioned before and I missed it)
Because it's about 7:30 AM here in Suriname and already around 8 PM in Australia....

Anyway good luck everyone!

Response to April COTM: TRADIGITAL! 2017-04-22 08:33:52

At 4/22/17 06:20 AM, ArtByDare wrote: Once again everyone's work is looking great!
This is my second ever time joining.
I still have quite some work to do.

Question:
Is the deadline 00:00 hrs Australian time or does it just have to be April 22nd in your country?
(I'm sorry if this has already been mentioned before and I missed it)
Because it's about 7:30 AM here in Suriname and already around 8 PM in Australia....

Anyway good luck everyone!

well last month i submitted something at 11 pm UK time, and it was still eligible. as long as its the 22nd in your country i guess so

Response to April COTM: TRADIGITAL! 2017-04-22 09:20:38

Is the submission closed already?

Response to April COTM: TRADIGITAL! 2017-04-22 09:58:37

well last month i submitted something at 11 pm UK time, and it was still eligible. as long as its the 22nd in your country i guess so

Alright, thanks!

Response to April COTM: TRADIGITAL! 2017-04-22 13:25:41

I am sooo excited to know who are the winners of April's COTM!!
I'm actually new to this website and I actually entered this contest in the beginner category!!
I think I might win, but I think I might not win, because I don't want to be egotistical, I just wanted to enter this contest only to have fun and I'm really talented at both traditional art and digital art!!...
So yeah, Can't wait to see who are the winners!!

Response to April COTM: TRADIGITAL! 2017-04-22 13:57:24

Goodluck to everyone, I've only found out about this challenge within the last 4 hours of it reaching it's deadline, I hope it's not too shabby of a paint job

Response to April COTM: TRADIGITAL! 2017-04-22 17:14:04

Just finished my piece, threw it up there, hoping for the best, did quite a bad job finishing it in a haste, though as it seems server time is 5pm, so technically there's 7 more hours left of 22nd, but my brain's about to explode after today's drawing session, I'm done.

Good luck everyone, may we all at least get featured in Jazza's main showcase video haha.

Cheers!

Response to April COTM: TRADIGITAL! 2017-04-22 22:37:57

Here is my Work in progress. The Idea is that the giant is traditional while the serpent is Digital.

Response to April COTM: TRADIGITAL! 2017-04-22 22:51:40

WIP
From traditional to digital.

Finish Piece
Finished product. Didn't think I was actually going to finish since I have a bad habit of restarting from scratch when don't look right to me.

Response to April COTM: TRADIGITAL! 2017-04-22 23:09:52

B-TRADIGITAL

Required link to WIP: hevyh2o.com

Response to April COTM: TRADIGITAL! 2017-04-23 01:21:51

At 4/22/17 11:09 PM, HevyH2O wrote: B-TRADIGITAL

Required link to WIP: hevyh2o.com

#B-TRADIGITAL

(think I was supposed to include the #)

I don't write much, but was inspired and have discovered somthing I thought I could never do.
I had to submit a short summary of this experience.

What I submitted was and felt rushed. I haven't ever done anything like this before myself.

But finally... Finally.. My brain has made a connection to my hand.. This exercises/challenge has proven this to me.
I've scribbled a few things(once or twice a year.. Like 20 min... really), always in a barely started state.. Sometimes, even the little that I put there did not seem to be drawn by me.

I've always categorized myself as unable to draw, not creative etc, but somthing happened.
Recently, I started watching PeterDraws and Jazza to name a few and thought I'd put pencil on paper.
It's a sensation I've forgotten about..

Anyways, I mindlessly Googled somthing.. Non-human, non-curvy, non organic.. Straight lines is what I wanted.
But I saw this mushroom and thought I'd scribble anyways..

Every time my pencil made its mark it felt wrong, but seemed to fit once I saw it. I kept going. Sooner or later I recalled the COTM and tough why not right? Took some photos and imported to the computer for my very first real digital drawing experience.
And here we are..

I had plans to incorporate some 3D in there too.. But time is now over! Good luck every one!

Response to April COTM: TRADIGITAL! 2017-04-23 01:35:43

Hi, I think I'm late for the challenge, even if I submit my entry on 22nd, well, in my country XD (Panama), and now I'm posting the WIP.

The link: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1422408#bbspost26045242_post_text

This is my first time participating and I do not know how to post several pictures at the same time, that's why I'm making this post and please forgive me if this is not the way.
I hope the next challenge knows what I'm doing. The other thing is that my entry is a photo and normally I see all the entries were scaned. I don't scan it because it dosn't fit at the scanner, so I don't know if that is really a problem. Regardless, I really enjoyed this challenge and it was to me a real challenge XD
To finish if my entry is not valid for the time I published at least I hope that Jazza sees it, because I really push my car to do this and I am happy with the result and it shows me that if I have the ambition to create something cool I can do it.
P.S.: Sorry about my english, as you can supposed spanish is my first language and I don't completly dominate the english, that's why it took me so long to post this post XD

Response to April COTM: TRADIGITAL! 2017-04-23 02:04:45 (edited 2017-04-23 02:08:49)

Response to April COTM: TRADIGITAL! 2017-04-23 02:48:57

I'm not sure how the time zones or daylight savings played into submissions but I submitted my entry at 10:55pm April 22nd here in California, US. (I know, cutting it last minute) But Newgrounds labeled it as 1:54am EDT. Does that mean I don't qualify?

Response to April COTM: TRADIGITAL! 2017-04-23 02:59:06

I actually came up with this while i watched the Harry Potter films. Im not sure which one it was but it was the one with the griffon that inspired me. Usually, i just doodle until i can make something out of it though.

http://ravinpumpkin.deviantart.com/art/Contest-Tradigital-Djr-Rigtside-Up-Ori-676579367cocozombie11@gmail.com

Did I make the deadline?

Deviant Art -RavinPumpkin

Response to April COTM: TRADIGITAL! 2017-04-23 16:19:12

At 4/5/17 10:21 AM, Lourdjim wrote: I got a lot of similar entries :'(

Beautifully done good luck.

Response to April COTM: TRADIGITAL! 2017-04-24 01:04:10

This was actually gonna be my submission but the more I worked on it the more inspired I was with the C.O.T.M. My entry ever and I'm glad I did because it inspired me so much. I hope everyone had just as much fun. I'm actually finishing up my video now.

Response to April COTM: TRADIGITAL! 2017-04-24 01:07:05

At 4/24/17 01:04 AM, Miki-Yume wrote: This was actually gonna be my submission but the more I worked on it the more inspired I was with the C.O.T.M. My entry ever and I'm glad I did because it inspired me so much. I hope everyone had just as much fun. I'm actually finishing up my video now.

Oh, and this actually became my final piece! I had so much fun. I hope you all did too. Saw so many great pieces!

Response to April COTM: TRADIGITAL! 2017-04-24 04:51:47

hope you can still make a final piece! as my mom always said; if it aint finished, you might have done nothing at all.

Thank you, unfortunatly I had personal stuff that I couldn't get out the way, but I'll try for the next COTM!

Response to April COTM: TRADIGITAL! 2017-04-28 08:19:14 (edited 2017-04-28 08:26:36)

Here are the videos folks:
All Entries - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAFDpknEgDU
Showcase & Winners - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDH75UMQa64
Well done to all who entered and congratulations to the winners and runners up!

Response to April COTM: TRADIGITAL! 2017-04-28 15:50:14

Thanks man .but aparently it isnt ..i didnt even make it to the show case :( ..but ill try harder next time :)

Response to April COTM: TRADIGITAL! 2017-04-28 15:51:53

At 4/19/17 05:47 PM, JellyPie73 wrote:
At 4/16/17 01:37 PM, Haferks wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUI3jvq8KXI&t=1s
this is my entry :3 i have try to participate for a loppn loon long time .. but i just wasnt able to finish my work on time : . im really new to digital art.. so i dint knpw if i should send it in th e beginer category :s
This is amazing. I believe you should enter in the open category but up to you.=

Thanks man .but aparently it isnt ..i didnt even make it to the show case :( ..but ill try harder next time :)

Response to April COTM: TRADIGITAL! 2017-04-29 03:32:06

Woah. Can't believe I made it to the showcase on my first entry I ever submitted to any kind of contest.
It means a lot to me. Not just because it's, well, "there", but because I can do something right, after all (got a history of never finishing things, or doing them so sloppily that they aren't good enough for other people).