00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MovementalStudio just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Designing attractive cartoon charac

292 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hello everyone!
So I've been thinking a lot about this, yet not exactly sure how to ask the question. I was wondering, how does one design an attractive, inspiring (fandom inspiring??) character that causes people to make fan art, fiction, and even OC-s. I'm sure it's more than just the outlook but I'm mainly interested in it in a visual standpoint (Although feel free to share your thoughts on any fields!). From almost anatomically correct through stylized to overly simplified, I wonder what makes this phenomenon to occur in different extends. Hope I'm explaining it correctly. There should be a word for this, or is there one I'm not aware of?

At 3/23/17 10:21 PM, BugMcVagh wrote: Hello everyone!
So I've been thinking a lot about this, yet not exactly sure how to ask the question. I was wondering, how does one design an attractive, inspiring (fandom inspiring??) character that causes people to make fan art, fiction, and even OC-s. I'm sure it's more than just the outlook but I'm mainly interested in it in a visual standpoint (Although feel free to share your thoughts on any fields!). From almost anatomically correct through stylized to overly simplified, I wonder what makes this phenomenon to occur in different extends. Hope I'm explaining it correctly. There should be a word for this, or is there one I'm not aware of?

It can come from anything, if you mainly talking a female anatomically correct through stylized to overly simplified.

Then you might thinking of J-Lo small top big bottom haha. You might want to look other artists characters in art portal.

Response to Designing attractive cartoon charac 2017-03-24 12:11:26

Be free worry not what critics think and draw what's beautiful to you .