00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NieR: Automata

2,369 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

NieR: Automata 2017-03-18 01:43:33

Did anyone pick this up yet? I've been wanting to for a while because of all the good things .

NieR: Automata

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to NieR: Automata 2017-03-18 11:20:04

I'm interested in it, but the gameplay didn't look like all that in the Giantbomb Quicklook but I've heard good things. I'll probably wait for a price drop.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to NieR: Automata 2017-03-19 14:14:16

You need to play this game!!! I promise you this will be the best game you will ever play! I beat the game yesterday the story missions are about 20hrs long and thats not even including the side quest.

ET16

Response to NieR: Automata 2017-03-20 09:30:34

Played the demo. Gameplay seemed decent but the look of that level was pretty plain and boring.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to NieR: Automata 2017-03-20 15:02:23

At 3/20/17 09:30 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: Played the demo. Gameplay seemed decent but the look of that level was pretty plain and boring.

never heard of it, please explain?

BBS Signature

Response to NieR: Automata 2017-03-21 04:35:02

Isn't this a sequel to Drakengard?

Response to NieR: Automata 2017-03-21 04:46:15 (edited 2017-03-21 04:48:52)

bought it on ps4, beat it and got all the 5 main endings.

it's great. play it. if you've played a platinum game (metal gear rising, bayonetta, etc.) you know what you're getting yourself into. the demo is a pretty false impression, though. it makes the game seem a lot more straightforward, linear and plain than it really is. there's a buncha enemy types and in the demo you see like, three.

only big flaw imo: you need to beat the game twice to get to the second half of the fucking game. nier is set up in this weird format where you beat the game as one character in about 12 hours, then you beat the same stuff again as that character's partner (should take about 6 hours on this one), and THEN you get to play the next part of the game.

in other words, when you beat the game, you haven't beaten the game. thankfully you only need to repeat gameplay once--the rest is all new, and it's pretty kick ass.

basically, if you have a ps4 this game is essential. if you're on a budget, hold off on this one and save your money for persona 5 which comes out in two weeks. p5 is gonna kick ass.

At 3/21/17 04:35 AM, axehandle-stain wrote: Isn't this a sequel to Drakengard?

not really, no. drakengard connects itself to the world of nier, but nier automata is so long after the original nier that the only thing relevant is cameos. automata stands on its own (can confirm, as i have not played nier or any of the drakengard titles).

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

~The Journal of a Man Who Wandered into Another World

BBS Signature

Response to NieR: Automata 2017-03-31 14:48:42

The only reason I want to pick this up is because the main character is cute. I love the black and white contrast on girls.
I'm not sure if I'd even like the gameplay.