Be a Supporter!

Do we have to hate Jontron now?

  • 1,101 Views
  • 69 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Jurornumber3
Jurornumber3
  • Member since: Dec. 18, 2016
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
MrPerciePercy
MrPerciePercy
  • Member since: Feb. 28, 2017
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Melancholy
Response to Do we have to hate Jontron now? 2017-03-15 19:10:23 Reply

Its up to you, but I got bored of him long ago, all the more reason not to bother catching up on his stuff.

I did find him funny in his early career


You can't blame Phalaris for killing Perillos, if you've just invented a new tasty sauce that complements meat, your first response shouldn't be to sell it to Idi Amin.

StaticSkull
StaticSkull
  • Member since: Jan. 16, 2016
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Animator
Response to Do we have to hate Jontron now? 2017-03-15 19:18:27 Reply

Actually pewds is a nazi
Sieg heil

skippuh
skippuh
  • Member since: Dec. 17, 2015
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 04
Art Lover
Response to Do we have to hate Jontron now? 2017-03-15 19:57:07 Reply

At 3/15/17 07:05 PM, Jurornumber3 wrote: Cause he's a a nazi, or something?

If anything, it makes me like him more

BonemanCharles
BonemanCharles
  • Member since: Feb. 17, 2016
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Writer
Response to Do we have to hate Jontron now? 2017-03-15 20:14:19 Reply

we dont have to hate anyone
but if you have to hate someone because someone else told you too I might suggest offing yourself while your at it


You can lead a horse to water, but that horse is a actually a donkey and he wont listen to a word you say because he is rebellious

BBS Signature
Zornuzkull
Zornuzkull
  • Member since: Mar. 28, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Movie Buff
Response to Do we have to hate Jontron now? 2017-03-16 01:05:08 Reply

I always hated him...


BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Gamer

At 3/15/17 07:05 PM, Jurornumber3 wrote: Cause he's a a nazi, or something?

No, he said something that is really disagreeable and people get their panties up their bunch. I don't think he's a "Nazi" but this is the internet after all and to make it worse, people gets triggered easily lately.

I'll leave it at that before I get in too deep in this shit storm of stupidity.

Also fuck Polygon and fuck Destiny.


Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
SarcasticMonster
SarcasticMonster
  • Member since: Nov. 26, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Gamer
Response to Do we have to hate Jontron now? 2017-03-16 09:18:53 Reply

At 3/15/17 07:18 PM, NightRaid-NG wrote: Actually pewds is a nazi
Sieg heil

Buddy, you know it's not true, right? You were just joking, right?

Right?

argile
argile
  • Member since: Jun. 2, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Do we have to hate Jontron now? 2017-03-16 09:20:57 Reply

He only stated his own political opinions ,he shouldn't get flack for it.

Oddlem
Oddlem
  • Member since: Feb. 15, 2015
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Melancholy

I'd rather separate his character from his actual self and continue watching his videos. Besides, even if I don't agree... it's still just his opinion. Who cares. Plus, he even mentioned in Psychicpebble's podcast of how he doesn't want to share his political views, so it kind of makes me feel sympathy for him because he probably didn't want to in the first place.

It's interesting to see the contrast of how people here and how people on Deviantart are reacting to it, because everyone over there is flipping out over it.

StaticSkull
StaticSkull
  • Member since: Jan. 16, 2016
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Animator
Response to Do we have to hate Jontron now? 2017-03-16 09:30:32 Reply

At 3/16/17 09:18 AM, SarcasticMonster wrote:
At 3/15/17 07:18 PM, NightRaid-NG wrote: Actually pewds is a nazi
Sieg heil
Buddy, you know it's not true, right? You were just joking, right?

Right?

Lol yes kekekekekek

Gutnacht
Gutnacht
  • Member since: Feb. 21, 2017
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Melancholy
Response to Do we have to hate Jontron now? 2017-03-16 09:41:51 Reply

He's not a nazi, people are just pissy about him being a conservative and being open about his political views unlike most people. Also I'm pretty sure nazism is still considered to be an opinion.

RightTime
RightTime
  • Member since: Nov. 22, 2016
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Writer
Response to Do we have to hate Jontron now? 2017-03-16 09:57:15 Reply

At 3/15/17 07:05 PM, Jurornumber3 wrote: Cause he's a a nazi, or something?

Didn't care about him before and still don't care about him now. Boycotting entertainers, because they don't agree with you on some issue is a slippery slope though.

ChristianMalice
ChristianMalice
  • Member since: May. 18, 2014
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Writer
Response to Do we have to hate Jontron now? 2017-03-16 09:59:09 Reply

Honestly, the idea of Jon in an SS Uniform is too hard to hate..

MrPerciePercy
MrPerciePercy
  • Member since: Feb. 28, 2017
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Melancholy
Response to Do we have to hate Jontron now? 2017-03-16 10:04:25 Reply

At 3/16/17 09:29 AM, Oddlem wrote: I'd rather separate his character from his actual self and continue watching his videos. Besides, even if I don't agree... it's still just his opinion.

As long as it was just his opinion, but if that video is an actual recording of jontron saying something was fact when it wasn't, then that's just misleading.

Yeah, i'm sure we've all been there, but there's no reason to be hard line on something when you're basing it on word-of-mouth


You can't blame Phalaris for killing Perillos, if you've just invented a new tasty sauce that complements meat, your first response shouldn't be to sell it to Idi Amin.

Jackho
Jackho
  • Member since: Dec. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 34
Movie Buff
Response to Do we have to hate Jontron now? 2017-03-16 11:16:19 Reply

He's said some extremely stupid shit in that debate but I still don't believe he's hateful, just misinformed (and bad at debating).

There's an Elvis quote, when he was asked for his thoughts on the Vietnam war - "Ma'am, I'm just an entertainer." There's a lot to be admired in a celebrity who can resist using their fans to spread half-formed political ideas.


BBS Signature
MrPerciePercy
MrPerciePercy
  • Member since: Feb. 28, 2017
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Melancholy
Response to Do we have to hate Jontron now? 2017-03-16 11:31:05 Reply

At 3/16/17 11:16 AM, Jackho wrote: He's said some extremely stupid shit in that debate but I still don't believe he's hateful, just misinformed (and bad at debating).

Yeah, jumping to the conclusion that hes a Nazi is a bit of an exaggeration, but I guess its only because that has become the norm now, people accusing others of being extremists, terrorists, Nazis, dictators, authoritarian or whatever else, but also because there have people trying to hide their extreme views under a veneer of freedom of speech or genuine political philosophy's and what not, its understandable some people would cast many with the same brush when too often the same has been done to them.

There's an Elvis quote, when he was asked for his thoughts on the Vietnam war - "Ma'am, I'm just an entertainer." There's a lot to be admired in a celebrity who can resist using their fans to spread half-formed political ideas.

Well, its obvious a difficult thing, you have your beliefs, feelings and opinions, but being a celebrity inevitably makes you more listened to than your average politician or researcher, and its even hard more now that, despite there being a vocal opposition to "politics" entering every faculty of our lives, almost at any opportunity for there be open discussion or something in the news, too often everyone has to be roped into it and be asked what they feel on the subject, and they can't disable the comment section otherwise they just get a backlash against that.


You can't blame Phalaris for killing Perillos, if you've just invented a new tasty sauce that complements meat, your first response shouldn't be to sell it to Idi Amin.

Moblin
Moblin
  • Member since: Mar. 3, 2014
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Artist

If you enjoy his videos then you shouldn't stop watching them. Though I still think that was unnecessary, I understand the flak.

orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Member since: Mar. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Do we have to hate Jontron now? 2017-03-16 16:29:34 Reply

Regardless of his opinions, if you're a fan of his work, you'll most likely will still be watching him. Too many times, we seem to ask famous people for their opinions and thoughts on political matters, only to cringe when they say or promote something controversial. People seem to forget that most celebrities aren't exactly the most knowledgeable when it comes to political matters, so you naturally going to take whatever they say with a grain of salt.

In a way, I kind of find it weird that we need someone famous to shill a political belief to make it legitimate, which either speaks to a lack of confindence among those with those beliefs, or are begging for relevance by using a hot button issue as a launching pad regardless of how much they actually know about it. Colin Kaepernick is one such example.


Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
Oddlem
Oddlem
  • Member since: Feb. 15, 2015
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Melancholy

At 3/16/17 10:04 AM, SamPercyWellsDay wrote:
As long as it was just his opinion, but if that video is an actual recording of jontron saying something was fact when it wasn't, then that's just misleading.

Yeah, i'm sure we've all been there, but there's no reason to be hard line on something when you're basing it on word-of-mouth

Ahhh, okay. I didn't have the time to watch the video, so I kind of assumed people were getting mad over an opinion and not because he gave out misleading facts.

Like I said though, I'd rather keep watching his videos and separate "Jontron" from "Jon Jafari." I still appreciate his humour regardless of his views. I just think that this is an example as to why public figures should stay away from Politics.

At 3/16/17 11:16 AM, Jackho wrote: He's said some extremely stupid shit in that debate but I still don't believe he's hateful, just misinformed (and bad at debating).

Pretty much this.

StaticSkull
StaticSkull
  • Member since: Jan. 16, 2016
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Animator
Response to Do we have to hate Jontron now? 2017-03-16 21:40:22 Reply

At 3/16/17 01:05 AM, Zornuzkull wrote: I always hated him...

An opinion! Those aren't welcome on the Newgrounds

Chdonga
Chdonga
  • Member since: Mar. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 54
Game Developer
Response to Do we have to hate Jontron now? 2017-03-16 22:21:14 Reply

I don't know about you but I like Jontron now more than ever.

Chat-man
Chat-man
  • Member since: Mar. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Artist
Response to Do we have to hate Jontron now? 2017-03-16 23:14:43 Reply

Honestly, who the fuck cares that much? When it comes to politics, people should be worried about what the PEOPLE IN POWER believe and strive for. Not some guy who runs a review channel on YouTube.


BBS Signature
StaticSkull
StaticSkull
  • Member since: Jan. 16, 2016
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Animator
Response to Do we have to hate Jontron now? 2017-03-16 23:19:12 Reply

At 3/16/17 11:14 PM, Chat-man wrote: Honestly, who the fuck cares that much? When it comes to politics, people should be worried about what the PEOPLE IN POWER believe and strive for. Not some guy who runs a review channel on YouTube.

EXACTLY ^^^

Jurornumber3
Jurornumber3
  • Member since: Dec. 18, 2016
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Do we have to hate Jontron now? 2017-03-16 23:25:05 Reply

Truth is I don't really care.

I just wanted to bait you all into talking about this.

StaticSkull
StaticSkull
  • Member since: Jan. 16, 2016
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Animator
Response to Do we have to hate Jontron now? 2017-03-17 00:16:28 Reply

At 3/16/17 11:25 PM, Jurornumber3 wrote: Truth is I don't really care.

I just wanted to bait you all into talking about this.

We know

Zornuzkull
Zornuzkull
  • Member since: Mar. 28, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Movie Buff
Response to Do we have to hate Jontron now? 2017-03-17 12:27:00 Reply

At 3/16/17 09:40 PM, StaticSkull wrote:
At 3/16/17 01:05 AM, Zornuzkull wrote: I always hated him...
An opinion! Those aren't welcome on the Newgrounds

Well the opinions you have are not...


BBS Signature
Skwurll
Skwurll
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Gamer
Response to Do we have to hate Jontron now? 2017-03-17 14:19:34 Reply

What is this, tumblr?


The redesign happened, now my signature doesn't match anymore.

BBS Signature
NostalgicNerd94
NostalgicNerd94
  • Member since: Jan. 14, 2016
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Artist
Response to Do we have to hate Jontron now? 2017-03-17 16:02:33 Reply

Who the fuck is Jontron?

StaticSkull
StaticSkull
  • Member since: Jan. 16, 2016
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Animator
Response to Do we have to hate Jontron now? 2017-03-17 17:12:56 Reply

At 3/17/17 12:27 PM, Zornuzkull wrote:
At 3/16/17 09:40 PM, StaticSkull wrote:
At 3/16/17 01:05 AM, Zornuzkull wrote: I always hated him...
An opinion! Those aren't welcome on the Newgrounds
Well the opinions you have are not...

My opinion is fact