Be a Supporter!

Is racism a mental illness.

  • 721 Views
  • 76 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
asdfsilax
asdfsilax
  • Member since: Jul. 20, 2014
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Is racism a mental illness. 2017-03-17 15:53:20 Reply

At 3/17/17 03:11 PM, Spedmallet wrote: Is racism due to ignorance?
Studying animal husbandry, eugenics seems to make a whole lot of sense.
Children are ignorant. They're normally not racist until they learn it.
It seems like an oversimplification to say "I don't like this, it has negative effects: It's ignorant."
But it's not just ignorant. Ignorance is morally innocent, but there's nothing innocent about racism. There's malice in it. The people who believe in it honestly are making a eugenic argument that certain people shouldn't be allowed to breed and thrive and integrate into the genome.
The problem is the assumption people are smart enough to manage their own genome without ending up like bulldogs: so limited in genetic diversity that there's not enough old healthy DNA in the species to balance out the congenital diseases caused by genetic mutation and drift and barely able to breed at all without medical intervention.
Not to put too fine a point on it, the main reason we are not currently ruled by pedigreed royalty is because they would always end up so inbred and deformed they would become unfit to rule and had to continually refresh their lines with peasant blood, rendering the whole concept of racial purity hilariously moot.

This what I mean how can you people argue racism if you have no common ground on what racist and racism mean you cant argue 2 different things your argument is solely race supremacy while others vaguely argue it like every one has the same idea as they do what ever that is, is thinking 2nd gen mexican immigrants have a high chance of knowing some spanish make people worse then hittler how the fuck should any one know.

Entice
Entice
  • Member since: Jun. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Is racism a mental illness. 2017-03-17 16:00:44 Reply

At 3/17/17 02:12 AM, Xenomit wrote: Stop fucking virtue signaling

Wow, the gay furry who acts like a conservative
I've truly seen it all now

asdfsilax
asdfsilax
  • Member since: Jul. 20, 2014
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Is racism a mental illness. 2017-03-17 16:15:38 Reply

At 3/17/17 04:00 PM, Entice wrote:
At 3/17/17 02:12 AM, Xenomit wrote: Stop fucking virtue signaling
Wow, the gay furry who acts like a conservative
I've truly seen it all now

Then you haven't seen much of the world now have you.

Entice
Entice
  • Member since: Jun. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Is racism a mental illness. 2017-03-17 16:20:03 Reply

At 3/17/17 04:15 PM, asdfsilax wrote: Then you haven't seen much of the world now have you

There's nothing worth seeing outside the NG BBS anyways

FUNKbrs
FUNKbrs
  • Member since: Oct. 28, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Is racism a mental illness. 2017-03-17 17:49:27 Reply

At 3/17/17 04:20 PM, Entice wrote:
At 3/17/17 04:15 PM, asdfsilax wrote: Then you haven't seen much of the world now have you
There's nothing worth seeing outside the NG BBS anyways

Can confirm.

At 3/17/17 03:11 PM, Spedmallet wrote:
It seems like an oversimplification to say "I don't like this, it has negative effects: It's ignorant."

no, everyone except me and my philosophy are right

But it's not just ignorant. Ignorance is morally innocent, but there's nothing innocent about racism. There's malice in it.
The problem is the assumption people are smart enough to manage their own genome without ending up like bulldogs

why are people so stupid as to not believe my beliefs

refresh their lines with peasant blood, rendering the whole concept of racial purity hilariously moot.

idiots


My band Sin City ScoundrelsOur song Vixen of Doom
HATE.
Because 2,000 years of "For God so loved the world" doesn't trump 1.2 million years of "Survival of the Fittest."

Kwing
Kwing
  • Member since: Jul. 24, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 47
Game Developer
Response to Is racism a mental illness. 2017-03-17 19:15:54 Reply

At 3/15/17 12:22 AM, FUNKbrs wrote: Racists should have to live in that kind of fear too.

The biggest problem with that is that you can't trust anyone to be an arbiter of who's racist and who's not, and the degree of racism present in someone isn't easy to measure. It would be too easy to turn racism into a witch hunt to discredit and destroy people and would ultimately force people to be overly politically correct.


If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.
Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

WaffleCrisp
WaffleCrisp
  • Member since: Jun. 29, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 24
Melancholy

I grew into racism slowly. When I was about 12 years old it started when I had a fight with my black friend. And grew over time until I got out of a hospital from mental illness and became stable. Now I have no problems except boredom.


BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Is racism a mental illness. 2017-03-17 19:29:21 Reply

At 3/17/17 04:00 PM, Entice wrote:
At 3/17/17 02:12 AM, Xenomit wrote: Stop fucking virtue signaling
Wow, the gay furry who acts like a conservative
I've truly seen it all now

The fun part is, I'm not a conservative at all. I'm not on either side of the political spectrum.


WINNER OF NGBBS ATTENTION WHORE 4 YEARS CONSECUTIVE. FUCK WITH ME.

BBS Signature
aviewaskewed
aviewaskewed
  • Member since: Feb. 4, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to Is racism a mental illness. 2017-03-17 21:24:59 Reply

At 3/17/17 07:29 PM, Xenomit wrote: The fun part is, I'm not a conservative at all. I'm not on either side of the political spectrum.

Riiight, yet it's funny how all you ever say is stuff that sounds like the alt-right. Like, everything you say, all the buzz words, then you say stuff like this. It looks more like you just don't like owning your beliefs personally.

Also this thread is about what I figured it'd be at this point....


You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator
The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.
PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Is racism a mental illness. 2017-03-17 23:42:30 Reply

At 3/17/17 09:24 PM, aviewaskewed wrote:
At 3/17/17 07:29 PM, Xenomit wrote: The fun part is, I'm not a conservative at all. I'm not on either side of the political spectrum.
Riiight, yet it's funny how all you ever say is stuff that sounds like the alt-right. Like, everything you say, all the buzz words, then you say stuff like this. It looks more like you just don't like owning your beliefs personally.

Also this thread is about what I figured it'd be at this point....

If having common sense is all it takes for you to label someone as a "conservative" or as "alt right" then that's really telling of how far politically left you are, which I'm sure you think is a good thing. Everyone who's any amount to the right of you is not a right winger and apart of the alt right, I'm socially left. Just because I have common sense and can clearly understand that it's ridiculous to claim that racism is a mental illness does not mean that I'm conservative.


WINNER OF NGBBS ATTENTION WHORE 4 YEARS CONSECUTIVE. FUCK WITH ME.

BBS Signature
Entice
Entice
  • Member since: Jun. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Is racism a mental illness. 2017-03-18 00:09:27 Reply

At 3/17/17 11:42 PM, Xenomit wrote: If having common sense is all it takes for you to label someone as a "conservative" or as "alt right" then that's really telling of how far politically left you are, which I'm sure you think is a good thing. Everyone who's any amount to the right of you is not a right winger and apart of the alt right, I'm socially left. Just because I have common sense and can clearly understand that it's ridiculous to claim that racism is a mental illness does not mean that I'm conservative.

I agree that racism can't really be classified as a mental illness but this has less to do with that and more to do with the fact that your political vocabulary sounds like it was lifted from an Alex Jones podcast

Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Is racism a mental illness. 2017-03-18 00:47:59 Reply

At 3/18/17 12:09 AM, Entice wrote: I agree that racism can't really be classified as a mental illness but this has less to do with that and more to do with the fact that your political vocabulary sounds like it was lifted from an Alex Jones podcast

What did I say that can be considered "conservative vocabulary"?

Virtue signalling? That's just a word, no political side owns it. It's when someone signals their virtues to others to make them look morally superior and super ethical. It's just egotistical masturbation, and that's all the OP was, pandering to a liberal crowd by grandstanding with this "I'm so against racism I think it should be considered mental illness" message. It's honestly disgusting to see and I think it should be called out when it happens.


WINNER OF NGBBS ATTENTION WHORE 4 YEARS CONSECUTIVE. FUCK WITH ME.

BBS Signature
EdyKel
EdyKel
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 26
Gamer

At 3/18/17 12:47 AM, Xenomit wrote:
At 3/18/17 12:09 AM, Entice wrote: I agree that racism can't really be classified as a mental illness but this has less to do with that and more to do with the fact that your political vocabulary sounds like it was lifted from an Alex Jones podcast
What did I say that can be considered "conservative vocabulary"?

Virtue signalling? That's just a word, no political side owns it. It's when someone signals their virtues to others to make them look morally superior and super ethical. It's just egotistical masturbation, and that's all the OP was, pandering to a liberal crowd by grandstanding with this "I'm so against racism I think it should be considered mental illness" message. It's honestly disgusting to see and I think it should be called out when it happens.

Uh, probably because you're always spitting poison at liberals every chance you get. If you had any common sense, you wouldn't ask silly question on why people think you're a conservative.

You know, just say that you are a libertarian, instead of a classic liberal, and everyone will know where you stand on things. People on the right will call you a liberal, and people on the left will call you a conservative, which all balances out to you not knowing what you want, other than being super vindictive, and anal, about the left, because they don't share your views.

I think this thread has officially run it's course.

Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Is racism a mental illness. 2017-03-18 02:15:11 Reply

At 3/18/17 02:02 AM, EdyKel wrote: Uh, probably because you're always spitting poison at liberals every chance you get.

Well, the shit that liberals claim and think these days is insane. You people can check my post history, I used to EXCLUSIVELY rail on republicans, and this was only 2 or 3 years ago. But at this point, liberals have gotten worse than republicans.

other than being super vindictive, and anal, about the left, because they don't share your views.

I wouldn't say I'm vindictive and anal, I'm just opposing the views of the left. OP's view: Racism is a mental illness. Reality: That's insane to genuinely consider that a possibility. Me pointing that out isn't me being hateful to the left, that's just me making an observation.

As for "conservative vocabulary" I still don't know what words I used that make me seem like a conservative.


WINNER OF NGBBS ATTENTION WHORE 4 YEARS CONSECUTIVE. FUCK WITH ME.

BBS Signature
FUNKbrs
FUNKbrs
  • Member since: Oct. 28, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Is racism a mental illness. 2017-03-18 11:34:09 Reply

At 3/18/17 02:15 AM, Xenomit wrote:
Well, the shit that liberals claim and think these days is insane. You people can check my post history, I used to EXCLUSIVELY rail on republicans, and this was only 2 or 3 years ago. But at this point, liberals have gotten worse than republicans.

Meh, more like everyone is worse, but people can't see it in themselves, just in those around them. It's good old fashioned myopic misanthropy, nothing more.

Solipsism is alive and well. People know it's a dirty trick, but they don't know WHY, because the beauty of solipsism is that it's always by definition technically sound. Solipsistic arguments appear more correct than they actually are in ways that can only be proven in practice, but by that point the error becomes practical as well.

Whoever isn't in power blames those who are. When solipsism reigns free, the under dog always appears right, because only the over dog can be proven wrong.

I wouldn't say I'm vindictive and anal, I'm just opposing the views of the left. OP's view: Racism is a mental illness. Reality: That's insane to genuinely consider that a possibility. Me pointing that out isn't me being hateful to the left, that's just me making an observation.

I never said racism was a mental illness. It's up for debate. I'm admitting it's a grey area, and trying to hash it out. This has nothing to do with existing political dogmas; it has to do with what appears to be an exploit to the logic centers of the human mind. If I were to be pointing out a design flaw in Windows 10 that made it insecure, I'd be a hero. But if I point out a design flaw in the the human mind that makes it insecure, I'm a cunt. But if I keep it secret and exploit it using solipsism, I'm not?


As for "conservative vocabulary" I still don't know what words I used that make me seem like a conservative.

Stereotypes suck. Your language shouldn't be monitored for political affiliation as a matter superior to monitoring it for logical soundness. You message should be read for what it is, not what it can solipsistically be made out to be.

And fuck Spin Doctors, just in general.


My band Sin City ScoundrelsOur song Vixen of Doom
HATE.
Because 2,000 years of "For God so loved the world" doesn't trump 1.2 million years of "Survival of the Fittest."

EdyKel
EdyKel
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 26
Gamer

At 3/18/17 02:15 AM, Xenomit wrote:
At 3/18/17 02:02 AM, EdyKel wrote: Uh, probably because you're always spitting poison at liberals every chance you get.
Well, the shit that liberals claim and think these days is insane. You people can check my post history, I used to EXCLUSIVELY rail on republicans, and this was only 2 or 3 years ago. But at this point, liberals have gotten worse than republicans.

Huh, why should anyone waste time looking through thousands of of your posts looking to see where you stand on things? Do you think you are that important to warrant that amount of time waste?

And, I ignore a lot of things liberal say, and focouse on what actually matters to me, and could affect me and others.

other than being super vindictive, and anal, about the left, because they don't share your views.
I wouldn't say I'm vindictive and anal, I'm just opposing the views of the left. OP's view: Racism is a mental illness. Reality: That's insane to genuinely consider that a possibility. Me pointing that out isn't me being hateful to the left, that's just me making an observation.

As for "conservative vocabulary" I still don't know what words I used that make me seem like a conservative.

Let's see.... You went off on this topic at full guns a'blazing at liberals, when it wasn't specifically about them, because you were sure they were overreacting, and making false assumptions, over a question that may seem to you to have an obvious answer.

You may be right that racism is not a mental illness, but that doesn't mean you should discount it entirely. To do so would make you no different than the people you're going after for doing what you see as doing the same thing.

Personally, I'm not going to say that everyone who is racist has a mental illness. After all, it's often just a preference, no different than liking or hating something. But there are people out there who go beyond just merely hating something to the point it becomes abnormal, and extreme, and can manifest itself into obsession, and possibly violence, towards others.

According to the American Psychiatric Association: "Mental illnesses are health conditions involving changes in thinking, emotion or behavior (or a combination of these). Mental illnesses are associated with distress and/or problems functioning in social, work or family activities."

I'm no expert on any of this, and I doubt that anyone here is also. But the topic discussion was just little more than a healthy discussion over something, which had no far reaching consequences for anyone. Yet, you used it as an excuse to go after liberals who didn't think your way.

You may not think you are a conservative, or see why people could call you that, but you haven't shown us that you aren't, other than telling us that we are wrong. You have had plenty of chances to join in other discussion about the huge conservative clusterfuck in Washington, and you seem to ignore that to focouse on hating liberals. It doesn't take much common sense why people see you as anything but a conservative.

Sause
Sause
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Is racism a mental illness. 2017-03-18 14:20:52 Reply

Wait a minute, what's wrong with being alt-right or alt-left? As far as I can see it doesn't hurt anybody to be uber wingers (besides their own sanity) and the benefits outweigh the cons, the benefits being we get nourishing lolcow milk from their nuclear meltdowns on Twitter.

timeslyr
timeslyr
  • Member since: Feb. 23, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Is racism a mental illness. 2017-03-18 14:56:50 Reply

Well considering that most of psychiatry is complete bullshit then no it's not a disorder or an illness.
The DSM started out as a military handbook and has no scientific evidence to back up it's statements. There's no proof that any of these disorders actually exist in the first place. It's more about healthcare fraud and medicinal malpractice for the most part.


BBS Signature
aviewaskewed
aviewaskewed
  • Member since: Feb. 4, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to Is racism a mental illness. 2017-03-18 19:10:33 Reply

At 3/17/17 11:42 PM, Xenomit wrote: If having common sense is all it takes for you to label someone as a "conservative" or as "alt right" then that's really telling of how far politically left you are, which I'm sure you think is a good thing.

No, I came to that conclusion based on two things:

1. You ALWAYS advocate for Conservative positions, never Liberal ones that I've ever seen.

2. You have called me a "cuck" and other alt right terms, and considering your obvious dislike of certain ethnic groups, it seems to me White Nationalism (which is what the alt right is built on) would hold some appeal for you.

Based on these things, and Occam's Razor, it makes me think you're a conservative that just won't own it for whatever reason. Has absolutely nothing to do with my political biases whatsoever.


You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator
The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.
PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature
aviewaskewed
aviewaskewed
  • Member since: Feb. 4, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to Is racism a mental illness. 2017-03-18 19:11:53 Reply

At 3/18/17 02:20 PM, Sause wrote: Wait a minute, what's wrong with being alt-right or alt-left? As far as I can see it doesn't hurt anybody to be uber wingers (besides their own sanity) and the benefits outweigh the cons, the benefits being we get nourishing lolcow milk from their nuclear meltdowns on Twitter.

I almost replied to you seriously....then I caught the sarcasm....we probably will never agree on anything politically. But I'm really enjoying the tone of your posts lately.


You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator
The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.
PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Is racism a mental illness. 2017-03-18 19:58:02 Reply

At 3/18/17 07:10 PM, aviewaskewed wrote: 1. You ALWAYS advocate for Conservative positions, never Liberal ones that I've ever seen.

Go back and look at my older posts. I ALWAYS advocated for the liberal positions, never any conservative ones.

2. You have called me a "cuck" and other alt right terms

That isn't an "alt right" term. In the common vernacular these days, it just means someone who either hates their own race, or is vehemently defensive of other people and gets extremely offended on behalf of others.

and considering your obvious dislike of certain ethnic groups

Muslims aren't an ethnic group. They're a religious group.

If all muslims were white, I'd hate the religion just as much, just like I abhor christianity. Like I said earlier, go back to my older posts and you'll see thousands of posts of my railing on christianity, and rarely mentioning islam in any way. It's not a race thing, it's an ideology thing, and the fact that you try so hard to MAKE it about race shows me how weak you know your arguments in favor of islam are.

it seems to me White Nationalism (which is what the alt right is built on) would hold some appeal for you.

Well, I am a nationalist, but not a white nationalist. White nationalists are white people that want their country to only be filled with white people, nationalists are people that want their country to be sovereign and independent from any higher government. AKA no EU, and if the UN were to gain more power, then no UN.

Nationalism is just the opposite of globalism. One wants a small independent government, the other wants a global god damn super government.

it makes me think you're a conservative

If you knew how hard I've fought against religion in schools and rights for gay people, you'd find it literally impossible to label me a conservative.

I hate conservatives, and I hate liberals. Hating one doesn't make you the other, I don't know how many times I have to say that, and the only reason I exclusively shit on liberals these days is because they're a much bigger problem than conservatives, just like years ago conservatives were a much bigger problem than liberals.

Woe is me, politically center. Hated by both sides for being a sane human being.


WINNER OF NGBBS ATTENTION WHORE 4 YEARS CONSECUTIVE. FUCK WITH ME.

BBS Signature
TylerFromTexas
TylerFromTexas
  • Member since: Jul. 20, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Musician
Response to Is racism a mental illness. 2017-03-18 20:37:50 Reply

At 3/18/17 07:58 PM, Xenomit wrote:
At 3/18/17 07:10 PM, aviewaskewed wrote: 1. You ALWAYS advocate for Conservative positions, never Liberal ones that I've ever seen.
Go back and look at my older posts. I ALWAYS advocated for the liberal positions, never any conservative ones.

Careful now, you are a guns rights person, too. That's not liberal!


I used to be TNT
Latest song cover: The Kids Aren't Alright (uploaded on 1/12/2017)
Steam ID: echoes83 (Tyler from Texas)

Makakaov
Makakaov
  • Member since: Jun. 23, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Is racism a mental illness. 2017-03-18 20:57:19 Reply

I like where this thread is heading.

FUNKbrs
FUNKbrs
  • Member since: Oct. 28, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Is racism a mental illness. 2017-03-18 21:05:58 Reply

At 3/18/17 08:37 PM, TylerFromTexas wrote:
Careful now, you are a guns rights person, too. That's not liberal!

Gun rights are civil rights. Being pro-gun is a liberal position.

Don't let the nuspeek fool you. The world liberal is a synonym for permissive, derived from the word liberty.

The phrase "Because FREEDOM, that's why" is an extemely liberal phrase.


My band Sin City ScoundrelsOur song Vixen of Doom
HATE.
Because 2,000 years of "For God so loved the world" doesn't trump 1.2 million years of "Survival of the Fittest."

TylerFromTexas
TylerFromTexas
  • Member since: Jul. 20, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Musician
Response to Is racism a mental illness. 2017-03-18 21:33:29 Reply

At 3/18/17 09:05 PM, FUNKbrs wrote:
At 3/18/17 08:37 PM, TylerFromTexas wrote:
Careful now, you are a guns rights person, too. That's not liberal!
Gun rights are civil rights. Being pro-gun is a liberal position.

Being pro-gun has been a conservative position for quite a while here in the United States. Just about every liberal in the US wants gun control, while just about every conservative in the US wants little to no gun control at all.


I used to be TNT
Latest song cover: The Kids Aren't Alright (uploaded on 1/12/2017)
Steam ID: echoes83 (Tyler from Texas)

aviewaskewed
aviewaskewed
  • Member since: Feb. 4, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to Is racism a mental illness. 2017-03-18 22:36:10 Reply

At 3/18/17 07:58 PM, Xenomit wrote: Go back and look at my older posts. I ALWAYS advocated for the liberal positions, never any conservative ones.

Oh, because people never change? Shit, I forgot about that....oh wait...

That isn't an "alt right" term.

Yes it is.

In the common vernacular these days, it just means someone who either hates their own race, or is vehemently defensive of other people and gets extremely offended on behalf of others.

No, it is not "common vernacular" I had to look it up, because I had never heard it, not once, never until the rise of the alt right and this election, and until folks like you started throwing it around here or using it to describe me. Also it does NOT mean that. Because it's root is from "cucking" the practice where a man watches his wife be fucked by another man (usually a large black man). This is a term that of course would be thought up by a group that's White Nationalist in nature. Stop treating me like I'm stupid, and I'll try to pay you the same respect please and thank you.

Muslims aren't an ethnic group. They're a religious group.

My mistake. I really need to learn to use the more general "prejudice".

If all muslims were white, I'd hate the religion just as much, just like I abhor christianity. Like I said earlier, go back to my older posts and you'll see thousands of posts of my railing on christianity, and rarely mentioning islam in any way. It's not a race thing, it's an ideology thing, and the fact that you try so hard to MAKE it about race shows me how weak you know your arguments in favor of islam are.

We're not talking about Islam here, nor have we ever really done so in the past. I've simply asked you (and sometimes done a little more then that) asking you not to be so openly hostile to a group of people that want to enjoy and support the site. Especially since with your statements over in chat and elsewhere that being malicious and trolling hard for a certain part of the year to win "troll of the year" is about the shittiest reason I know for potentially driving people away from the site.

Nationalism is just the opposite of globalism. One wants a small independent government, the other wants a global god damn super government.

Not exactly. Nationalism also tends towards anti-immigration stances as well, which is how it usually dovetails into racist, and other prejudicial belief systems. Since you have a bias against all religions as you've pointed out here, that sort of goes to my point of why you might like the current right wing nationalism that's rising.

If you knew how hard I've fought against religion in schools and rights for gay people, you'd find it literally impossible to label me a conservative.

Maybe you should try talking about that more here instead of the prejudice stuff that makes you seem more right wing then.

Woe is me, politically center. Hated by both sides for being a sane human being.

Yeah....that isn't why. It's the name calling, the shitting on certain groups for just existing, and trolling and being an ass. That's the reason dude.


You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator
The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.
PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature
gumOnShoe
gumOnShoe
  • Member since: May. 29, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Is racism a mental illness. 2017-03-18 23:53:05 Reply

At 3/18/17 09:33 PM, TylerFromTexas wrote:
At 3/18/17 09:05 PM, FUNKbrs wrote:
At 3/18/17 08:37 PM, TylerFromTexas wrote:
Careful now, you are a guns rights person, too. That's not liberal!
Gun rights are civil rights. Being pro-gun is a liberal position.
Being pro-gun has been a conservative position for quite a while here in the United States. Just about every liberal in the US wants gun control, while just about every conservative in the US wants little to no gun control at all.

Republicans -> pro gun

Conservatives -> pro what has been around

Liberals -> pro freedom

So you can be a liberal as far as gun rights go, a conservative AND a republican. Did I just blow your mind? Well guess what, if you believe the government can make progress on gun freedom through policy you might just be a progressive too!


.

BBS Signature
SumQuodEris
SumQuodEris
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to Is racism a mental illness. 2017-03-19 00:27:12 Reply

At 3/18/17 11:53 PM, gumOnShoe wrote: Republicans -> pro gun

Conservatives -> pro what has been around

Liberals -> pro freedom

pro-life -> disapprove of a tool for killing people?

TylerFromTexas
TylerFromTexas
  • Member since: Jul. 20, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Musician
Response to Is racism a mental illness. 2017-03-19 00:50:25 Reply

At 3/18/17 11:53 PM, gumOnShoe wrote:
Republicans -> pro gun

Conservatives -> pro what has been around

Liberals -> pro freedom

So you can be a liberal as far as gun rights go, a conservative AND a republican. Did I just blow your mind? Well guess what, if you believe the government can make progress on gun freedom through policy you might just be a progressive too!

Ok, but it still doesn't change the fact that those who call themselves "liberals" are not in favor of what pro-gun advocates want. If we're arguing on very technical definition, then sure, whatever. But we're in an environment where liberals want stricter gun control (or even outright ban certain guns), while those who call themselves conservatives wants as much gun rights as possible. I'm talking about a group of people who define themselves as such.

I have yet to meet someone who's incredibly liberal, be a proud supporter of the NRA, hates the idea of stricter gun control, and say "gun rights are what liberals want, not conservatives!".


I used to be TNT
Latest song cover: The Kids Aren't Alright (uploaded on 1/12/2017)
Steam ID: echoes83 (Tyler from Texas)

Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Is racism a mental illness. 2017-03-19 01:34:35 Reply

At 3/18/17 10:36 PM, aviewaskewed wrote: Oh, because people never change? Shit, I forgot about that....oh wait...

People typically don't go from liberal to conservative over the course of 2 years.

That isn't an "alt right" term.
Yes it is.

It's been used as a word by people all over the political spectrum for several years now. A group of people can't take a word that already existed and own the rights to it.

No, it is not "common vernacular" I had to look it up

Just because you don't see it often doesn't mean it isn't a commonly used word, all that means is you don't get around much.

because I had never heard it, not once, never until the rise of the alt right and this election

Like I said, it's been used in the way I said it's used for several years now, and the root word it came from has been around for decades.

You clearly don't indulge much in internet pop culture.

Because it's root is from "cucking" the practice where a man watches his wife be fucked by another man (usually a large black man).

Root words and the new words that they spawn typically have different meanings. Also it's cuckolding, not cucking.

Not exactly. Nationalism also tends towards anti-immigration stances as well, which is how it usually dovetails into racist, and other prejudicial belief systems. Since you have a bias against all religions as you've pointed out here, that sort of goes to my point of why you might like the current right wing nationalism that's rising.

The thing is, I'm not in any way against immigration, I'm very strongly against illegal immigration and the taking in of refugees. I strongly believe that if ANYONE wants to become a US citizen legally, then they should be able to very easily.

Something you need to learn about me right now is I have no racial prejudices, race is completely irrelevant to me. What matters to me is ideology and values.

Yeah....that isn't why. It's the name calling, the shitting on certain groups for just existing

I don't hate any group just for existing. If I hate something, it's because there's a long list of really big reasons why.

At 3/18/17 08:37 PM, TylerFromTexas wrote: Careful now, you are a guns rights person, too. That's not liberal!

Look man I'm a very politically complex person. Libertarian is the closest thing I could be labeled by.


WINNER OF NGBBS ATTENTION WHORE 4 YEARS CONSECUTIVE. FUCK WITH ME.

BBS Signature