00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

1amghost just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Name a very unknown game

5,924 Views | 69 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Name a very unknown game 2017-03-25 16:42:08

If you meant a licensed game: "Maken X" for Dreamcast and, I think, ps1. First-person hack-and slash by Atlus (the people that made Persona, and it shows). I'm pretty confident there's an English or import version.

If you meant unlicensed, I think the name of the game I was playing was "Momodora" or something to that effect. Metroidvania game, pretty fun. I don't know if it's anywhere else but itch.io.

I was born ready. My eyelashes, alas, were not.

BBS Signature

Response to Name a very unknown game 2017-03-29 14:06:58

Doshin the Giant?

Response to Name a very unknown game 2017-03-29 19:11:23

At 3/16/17 02:10 PM, MuramasasEdge wrote: No one ever talks about Turok anymore.

one of the best games ever

I use to fucking love that game!

BBS Signature

Response to Name a very unknown game 2017-03-30 15:25:31

Anyone remember Warlock for the SNES?

Response to Name a very unknown game 2017-04-04 02:05:20

Here another game, one of my favorite games.

Name a very unknown game

In War, Victory.

In Peace, Vigilance.

In Death, Sacrifice.

Response to Name a very unknown game 2017-04-05 21:08:54

I played Unlimited Saga and Ever Grace on the ps2 which is like jrpg type stuff.

Response to Name a very unknown game 2017-08-13 13:06:36

Solatorobo for the DS, it si one of my favorite games

Response to Name a very unknown game 2017-08-13 16:10:50

Well, if you asked very unknown games, look no further than a select few I have.

-Dungeon Magic (MAME)
-Neo Drift-Out: New Technology (MAME)
-Rayman's Brain Games/Junior (PS1, DOS) (Yes, Rayman has a few educational games)
-Spooky Castle & Dr. Lunatic (PC)
-Blood (DOS)
-Qix (various systems)
-Cadillacs & Dinosaurs (MAME)
-Re-Volt (Highly recommend the PC version, because the consoles but the Dreamcast are butchered)

Time to bust a move and get it started. Time's wastin'.

-Mace 2.0

Response to Name a very unknown game 2017-08-16 05:38:59

Seek and Destroy (or Shin Combat Choro Q in Japan)

Road Trip Adventure (Choro Q HG 2 in Japan) (Also you may have heard of that one since it was on this years AGDQ)

Pirates: The Legend of Black Kat

okay i only played pirates because kat was fuckin hot

| Steam | NoN bbs | formerly steelchair

BBS Signature

Response to Name a very unknown game 2017-08-16 13:27:52

There's an old game I used to love called Eternal Eyes for PS1.
I really enjoyed it
I looked at the reviews for it a few months ago and they said it was awful, huh.

Name a very unknown game

Let us wallow in the filth of the void clinging to one another.

Formerly Schizo-sephy.

Response to Name a very unknown game 2017-08-19 12:27:23

Vagrant Story for PS1 anyone? Go ahead and check it out. It's pretty unique even today.

Response to Name a very unknown game 2017-08-24 19:27:31

Poy Poy 2 for the PS1, nieghbour had it and I mained Cutey. Possibly the reason I pick female characters too. Anyway it's a fun game.

Name a very unknown game

I have brain tinnitus.

BBS Signature

Response to Name a very unknown game 2017-08-24 23:16:38 (edited 2017-08-24 23:17:59)

At 8/16/17 01:27 PM, Peregrinus-Ferrum wrote: There's an old game I used to love called Eternal Eyes for PS1.
I really enjoyed it
I looked at the reviews for it a few months ago and they said it was awful, huh.

It's definetly got that Final Fantasy Tactics Vibe, I actually wouldn't mind trying it out, looks fun

I gotta give my vote to Docter Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights for 3DS, a puzzle game, with a slight pokemon element. Got mixed responses and faded into obscurity. But one thing this game does really well is that it teaches a lot of Paris, France history and it's actually very interesting.

Response to Name a very unknown game 2017-08-25 22:07:17

Yoda stories. Bad game.

Response to Name a very unknown game 2017-08-31 19:18:19

At 3/14/17 02:11 AM, spazz0id wrote: Fear Effect

It has the perspective like the first three Resident Evil games, based in a cyberpunk world, puzzles, I'm not too sure if it's unknown because when it comes to Playstation games all I think are Spyro, Crash, Tekken, and Resident Evil

This looks awesome

Response to Name a very unknown game 2017-09-02 00:09:42

The PSP was such an unpopular system, but almost all of my console gaming has been on that system. If you want you can look at my GameFAQs reviews and look into anything you don't recognize.

In particular, I'd like to recommend Cladun and Shadow of Destiny.

Cladun is an action dungeon crawler. The levels go well beyond the final boss and reach an absurd difficulty, which is cool. You also do most of your grinding in randomly generated dungeons with adds a lot of replay value. The big seller in Cladun is the way the game manages stats, which happens through a suped up Materia-like system that allows you to equip stat boosts. However, if you take too much damage from one side (front/rear/left/right) you lose the character who has equipped said boosts and lose the benefits. Character management is extremely deep and there's a surprising amount of variety.

Shadow of Destiny is the total opposite in terms of game experience. It's practically a visual novel in that it barely has any difficulty or even gameplay, but the storyline is incredible. You play as a character brought back to life to prevent his own death using time travel. There are some corny moments and instances of bad voice acting but at the center of all the smoke and mirrors is an EXCELLENT title. The amount of twists and turns in the game are unprecedented, and each of the 8 endings reveal different spoilers about the game, so replaying it is more rewarding than just seeing different characters living or dying at the end.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to Name a very unknown game 2017-09-02 03:26:24

At 4/4/17 02:05 AM, XxcuchixX wrote: Here another game, one of my favorite games.

I used to play Freedom Fighters all the time back in the day! My brother and I would play the multiplayer mode, but we had a rule where we weren't allowed to kill eachother and instead had to use our "armies" to go after eachother instead. The AI usually wasn't good enough to kill either of us, but it was still really fun.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Name a very unknown game 2017-09-02 11:55:06

At 8/31/17 07:18 PM, MissClown wrote:
At 3/14/17 02:11 AM, spazz0id wrote: Fear Effect

It has the perspective like the first three Resident Evil games, based in a cyberpunk world, puzzles, I'm not too sure if it's unknown because when it comes to Playstation games all I think are Spyro, Crash, Tekken, and Resident Evil
This looks awesome

Speaking of awesome they just announced a remake for it as well! I'm so excited for it

BBS Signature

Response to Name a very unknown game 2017-09-02 13:26:38

At 9/2/17 11:55 AM, spazz0id wrote: Speaking of awesome they just announced a remake for it as well! I'm so excited for it

Aww that's awesome news then :-D

Response to Name a very unknown game 2017-09-03 17:39:27

Response to Name a very unknown game 2017-09-08 10:56:15

I think Scaler is a pretty obscure game. I don't really see alot of people talk about it or even Let's Play it.

Name a very unknown game

Response to Name a very unknown game 2018-01-21 17:22:52

For the one who doesn't like downloads, a game I like is Dragonfable. You just run around the land, talking to people, completing quest, upgrading gear, and just exploring. It's an open-world game, so you can basically do whatever you want.

just google dragonfable and itll come up.

Response to Name a very unknown game 2018-01-22 10:08:23

Tony Hawk Underground 2

The game is clearly awesome, but underrated as well.

Alien Hominid rocks, and no one can say that it's false!

Response to Name a very unknown game 2018-01-22 22:36:14

At 3/11/17 12:49 AM, StaticSkull wrote: I wanna play some underground stuff

Mojo (PS2, Xbox) - You play as a fucking marble going through blocks
Monster House (PS2) - Based off the movie, it's a fun experience from my childhood
Auto Modellista (PS2, Gamecube) - Many would write off as Gran Turismo-lite... But what GT doesn't have is STYLE.
Red Dead Revolver (PS2, XBox) - A cowboy game that's overshadowed by it's sequel. Fun Fact: It was once a spiritual successor to Sunset Riders.
Rolan's Curse (GB) - A Gameboy game where it has charming music... And you turn into a big sperm when you die for some reason...
Dragon Breed (Arcade) - You ride on FUCKIN DRAGONS!

Time to bust a move and get it started. Time's wastin'.

-Mace 2.0

Response to Name a very unknown game 2018-01-23 00:54:40

Stepmania or recently updated Eternnia.

Fun, difficult, and will train your index and middle fingers, on both hands! LOL!

Noggleton is so cool lol

BBS Signature

Response to Name a very unknown game 2018-01-23 05:26:48

Vampire the masquerade bloodlines - old and juicy pc game about blood suckers, it is not a simple blood sucker story... The Masquerade reminds me Anne Rice books.

Response to Name a very unknown game 2018-01-24 00:42:57

Well, it's not that unknown; it's pretty new, but I doubt y'all would've heard of Blue Whale

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to Name a very unknown game 2018-01-27 20:17:12

KYA DARK LINEAGE
(still trying to find it)

Name a very unknown game

null

BBS Signature

Response to Name a very unknown game 2018-03-16 18:43:45

At 3/11/17 12:49 AM, StaticSkull wrote: I wanna play some underground stuff
And for those who wanna do the same, my input would be The Bee Game

"goony" on the nintendo DSI shop.

Name a very unknown game

Response to Name a very unknown game 2018-03-16 20:26:19

Harvester

An old 90's point and click adventure that is filled with fun horror and cheesy violence. It's a fun play just for how purposely odd it is.