00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Thuy78 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Best of February 2017

16,270 Views | 24 Replies
Respond to this Topic

The User of the Day script was super old, from the earliest days of NG. It got redone by @liljim this week and now only features people who have done something public in the past 30 days (forum post, review, favoriting, etc.) and requires a user pic because default pics are boring. You'll get a PM when you're User of the Day and will see yourself featured on the Community Hub and forum footers.

Musicians: The Art Inspired Music Contest hosted by @RealFaction starts in 12 days, March 19th!

Your votes are in and the Best of February have been determined:

Top Five Movies

The highest ranked movie based on original material and winner of $250 is ZTV News. Congrats @ZONE-SAMA!

Top Five Games

Runner-up Movies

6. 50 Shades Of Beauty And The Beast
7. Court Ordered - Pilot
8. Vikings of the Interstate (Pilot)
9. DRAIN THE MAIN VEIN
10. Angry Video Game Nerd Anime (feat. Nostalgia Critic, Simon & Budi)
11. Best Katarina ultimate
12. Squidwards nightmare
13. Science Friend
14. HOOKED / Overwatch Cartoon
15. Bart Simpson vs Eric Cartman
16. My Heart Belongs to You
17. ( Original ) Nesia Legend of Cosieda Episode 1
18. Dark Dogs - Pilot
19. NEOMADiC - Languid Flowz (Official Music Video)
20. TD-Market Values
21. Batman VS Joker VS Bill
22. Chicken Pajamas
23. Arc Infinitum 5
24. Madness Bananafication (MadCzech Collab)
25. The Final Christmas

Runner-up Games

6. Blue Lights #3
7. Babysitting Fun!
8. i'm SORRY
9. Blue Lights #6
10. All Bears Love Honey
11. Dungeon Slog
12. Greetings from Potato Island
13. Blue Lights #4
14. Bread Pit
15. Blue Lights #5
16. One Of You
17. PLEASE SAY HI
18. Shop Empire Fable
19. Tap To The Future
20. In Space
21. Spell Sorter: A Wizard's Duty
22. Happy Room [Demo]
23. Selectorium
24. Ships vs Monsters
25. Amazing Pipes

The voter of the month and winner of honorary Supporter status is @DrJam!

Are YOU a supporter? Take a look! It's $3 per month / $25 per year, you help keep NG running and get lots of great perks.

Congrats to the winners and thank you everyone who participated in February!

Unrelated note, I love everything by @AliceMako. You should give @AliceMako a follow if you want cool synthwave in your feed.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of February 2017 2017-03-07 11:17:49

FIRST!

shitpost.

Response to Best of February 2017 2017-03-07 11:35:52

I don't have anything of note to say other than +1 for @AliceMako.

Response to Best of February 2017 2017-03-07 11:37:11

AliceMako is reeeeaal good

sicko mode

BBS Signature

Response to Best of February 2017 2017-03-07 15:19:35

its good you fixed the user of the day thing and also im checking out alice's profile and congrats to the winners

Response to Best of February 2017 2017-03-07 16:50:13

Nice update on the UOTD script, @liljim! Personally very happy about this as it gives everyone who uses NG a better chance to be featured. Question, under this script, can people be featured more than once, since the pool of usernames from my day to now is a massive difference from the active contributors of the past 30 days? What sort of things will be taken into account as public contribution, other than the most obvious? Will we also one day be able to search UOTD's by username?

Also, congratulations to the winners this month. I see some that I personally enjoyed up there. I take that to mean I have decent taste. +1 @AliceMako as well. Always happy to hear.

Looking forward to next month's batch!

music producer freebies // Januarylist // Februarylist // Take My Cymbals // Get ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of February 2017 2017-03-07 17:10:01

Damn, @sexual-lobster got 2 in a row? Nice

Response to Best of February 2017 2017-03-07 17:21:37

At 3/7/17 04:50 PM, EDM364 wrote: Nice update on the UOTD script, @liljim! Personally very happy about this as it gives everyone who uses NG a better chance to be featured. Question, under this script, can people be featured more than once, since the pool of usernames from my day to now is a massive difference from the active contributors of the past 30 days? What sort of things will be taken into account as public contribution, other than the most obvious? Will we also one day be able to search UOTD's by username?

Currently if you were UotD long ago in the past, you won't by UotD again but maybe at some point we should consider an expiration for that. No plans for a name search but I'd love to have trophies on user pages, so you can go to someone's page and see the date they won from there. Public contributions include forum and blog posts / replies, content uploads, reviews, favoriting... I think that's about it.

BBS Signature

Response to Best of February 2017 2017-03-07 17:45:51

At 3/7/17 05:21 PM, TomFulp wrote:
Currently if you were UotD long ago in the past, you won't by UotD again but maybe at some point we should consider an expiration for that. No

So gfoxcook probably won't have the title of 2 time UOTD. If he was still here he might be mildly bothered. At which point will users be chosen twice or thrice because the number of active users has already been selected, unless said number increases over time.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to Best of February 2017 2017-03-07 18:11:17

At 3/7/17 11:11 AM, TomFulp wrote: The User of the Day script was super old, from the earliest days of NG. It got redone by @liljim this week and now only features people who have done something public in the past 30 days (forum post, review, favoriting, etc.) and requires a user pic because default pics are boring. You'll get a PM when you're User of the Day and will see yourself featured on the Community Hub and forum footers.

Musicians: The Art Inspired Music Contest hosted by @RealFaction starts in 12 days, March 19th!

So, does this mean that we get to see audio??? Because my Theory of Everything 4 was on the Popular Audio list.

You got dat?

BBS Signature

Response to Best of February 2017 2017-03-07 20:20:12

+1 for @AliceMako making great stuff.

@TomFulp have you considered putting some kind of decoration on the posts of users whose Newgrounds sign-up birthday it is? Like if it's been exactly 10 years since I signed up, I get a piece of cake as my level icon or something. Just to add a little flair to forum posts and user pages.

Response to Best of February 2017 2017-03-08 03:20:08

At 3/7/17 11:11 AM, TomFulp wrote: The User of the Day script was super old, from the earliest days of NG. It got redone by @liljim this week and now only features people who have done something public in the past 30 days (forum post, review, favoriting, etc.) and requires a user pic because default pics are boring. You'll get a PM when you're User of the Day and will see yourself featured on the Community Hub and forum footers.

Yes! Maybe I'll finally have a chance of winning UOTD after more than a decade of waiting for it!

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of February 2017 2017-03-08 04:12:30

Congrats to the winners! Though those Sexual-Lobster animations are getting out of control. :P Wonder if he's the first artist to get two award spots the same month...

At 3/7/17 08:20 PM, Bit wrote: @TomFulp have you considered putting some kind of decoration on the posts of users whose Newgrounds sign-up birthday it is? Like if it's been exactly 10 years since I signed up, I get a piece of cake as my level icon or something. Just to add a little flair to forum posts and user pages.

I like that idea!

The latest: Hexa #95 (Mar)

BBS Signature

Response to Best of February 2017 2017-03-08 06:25:02

At 3/7/17 04:50 PM, EDM364 wrote: Nice update on the UOTD script, @liljim! Personally very happy about this as it gives everyone who uses NG a better chance to be featured. Question, under this script, can people be featured more than once, since the pool of usernames from my day to now is a massive difference from the active contributors of the past 30 days?

If you're asking whether we need to broaden the criteria because the pool of people will be lower, it's actually the other way around. If anything, we need to limit the time this thing looks back over. Even a day would probably do it.

Response to Best of February 2017 2017-03-09 10:34:31

Congratulations to everyone who's been featured :)

Sorry that this is unrelated but could you consider adding license filtering to the Audio Portal? It'll greatly help content creators to find useable audio resources.

This post is generated by human intelligence (or lack thereof).

Response to Best of February 2017 2017-03-09 10:36:54

At 3/9/17 10:34 AM, Jin wrote: Congratulations to everyone who's been featured :)

Sorry that this is unrelated but could you consider adding license filtering to the Audio Portal? It'll greatly help content creators to find useable audio resources.

This is on the wishlist.

BBS Signature

Response to Best of February 2017 2017-03-10 20:03:38 (edited 2017-03-10 20:05:24)

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: Congrats to all the winners!! <3

Response to Best of February 2017 2017-03-13 18:19:25

UOTD!
UOTD!
UOTD!
UOTD!
UOTD!
UOTD!
UOTD!
UOTD!
UOTD!
UOTD!
UOTD!
UOTD!
UOTD!
UOTD!

Wakka wakka

Response to Best of February 2017 2017-03-14 09:25:00

At 3/13/17 06:19 PM, Rucklo wrote: UOTD!
UOTD!
UOTD!
UOTD!
UOTD!
UOTD!
UOTD!
UOTD!
UOTD!
UOTD!
UOTD!
UOTD!
UOTD!
UOTD!

Congrats @SapphireLight, today's UOTD! It's been fun to see who pops up now that it's showing active users.

BBS Signature

Response to Best of February 2017 2017-03-14 17:43:51

Anyone ever look into a BBS search function? I think i remember it before but im not sure its been so long. Would make it easier to find posts that arent the top 10 recent replies or arent on the fron tpage of a BBS forum. Thanks!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of February 2017 2017-03-14 17:55:35

At 3/14/17 05:43 PM, Kehmicle wrote: Anyone ever look into a BBS search function? I think i remember it before but im not sure its been so long. Would make it easier to find posts that arent the top 10 recent replies or arent on the fron tpage of a BBS forum. Thanks!

I think you can just use the search function at the very top of the page, set the search-filter to "Forums". Should do the trick...? :)

Wakka wakka

Response to Best of February 2017 2017-03-14 18:00:19

At 3/14/17 05:55 PM, Rucklo wrote: I think you can just use the search function at the very top of the page, set the search-filter to "Forums". Should do the trick...? :)

Sheeeiiiiiitttt

BBS Signature

Response to Best of February 2017 2017-03-21 20:35:17

Apparently I'm blocked by @Alicemako. Which is really strange because I don't recall ever having any interactions with this user before.

Response to Best of February 2017 2017-03-23 04:01:06

Yo Tom! I see you have reverted to your previous avatar all of the sudden...

Response to Best of February 2017 2017-03-23 09:32:20

At 3/23/17 04:01 AM, LauriJ wrote: Yo Tom! I see you have reverted to your previous avatar all of the sudden...

I was told I looked grumpy so I decided it was time to mix things up.

BBS Signature