00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

NisoXD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Game for social change - animator

432 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Game for social change - animator 2017-03-03 16:15:25

Dear you,

"My name's Emmalee, you don't know me, but I'm sure you know someone like me. Chances are, you don't even know it, but that's okay. We're the broken and the beaten, suffering from battles within ourselves. Some of us hide in plain sight, behind broken smiles. Others wear their pain like armor, but they still cry like the rest of us. We need your help. It terrifies me to write this, but I'm more afraid of what will happen if I don't. Please help us. Help... me."

Emmalee

Tinman Studios, LLC is looking for talented individuals like you, to help us. We are building a game about the hidden struggles people deal with every day. "Emmalee's Pages" is a game meant to bring awareness to these issues and, hopefully, help people.

If you're interested in this game and want to join the team, we are currently looking for a 2D Animator. The work is remote, so communication is important. Must be able to communicate with the team regularly.

We are excited to expand our team and look forward to hearing from you. For more information, or to apply for this position, please visit tinmanstudios.net or email us at info@tinmanstudios.net.

Response to Game for social change - animator 2017-03-03 23:33:04

Is this a paid gig?

BBS Signature

Response to Game for social change - animator 2017-03-06 16:14:06

At 3/3/17 11:33 PM, Wondermeow wrote: Is this a paid gig?

We are currently rev-sharing per project, so pay would be dependent on the success of the game.

At 3/24/17 12:33 AM, SouthernShotty wrote: What are some of the hidden struggles you tackle?

We're going to be touching on the tough subject of child abuse. We have no plans on showing that abuse but showing how Emmalee struggles to coup with living in that situation. We'd like to be able to show people a better response to these crappy situations, and that in the end, it's really up to you what kind of person you become.

Throughout the game, we'll have things up for actual hotlines and other things to try and allow kids going through this to realize they don't have to continue in it. Emmalee's hidden struggles are battles with depression, anxiety, fear, and even learning how to interact with others.

It's an exploration game, so we're really just allowing the player to reveal Emmalee's story, from a child to an adult.