00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mishirozen just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Forgotten times

1,530 Views | 24 Replies

Forgotten times 2017-03-01 22:48:18

I feel like I have this specific connection to Newgrounds and I'm not sure if anyone else feels nostalgic about it or even remembers it. It was the time period between 2009 and 2010, back when I was merely 10 years old and had created a shitstorm on the website. I created a beautiful mess of "anti-spam/troll" groups, awful artwork, horrible threads, and even the Plate Guys.

For me, it was a piece of my childhood, albeit a fucked up one. I guess I get a little sad sometimes when I notice old profiles and posts of friends and enemies disappearing. Sometimes I really enjoy looking through old posts to reminisce on those times I had here, when things were different. I still love this site, don't get me wrong, but shit used to be so crazy and alive. Sometimes those posts and profiles are all I have left to remind myself of the chaos. It's a damn shame watching a lot of it fade away, especially when I'm not even sure if there's anybody here left who really remembers the same stuff either.

Any of you old timers feel me on this?

ratchili.com i make stuff

BBS Signature

Response to Forgotten times 2017-03-01 23:58:49

Guys remember the good old times of 2016?

This post is generated by human intelligence (or lack thereof).

Response to Forgotten times 2017-03-02 00:09:54

At 3/1/17 11:58 PM, Jin wrote: Guys remember the good old times of 2016?

I was referring more to slowly watching old profiles and posts from your old times just kinda disappear and what a sucky feeling that is. I ain't got no problems with the website nowadays, I just wish the old stuff didn't have to vanish as time goes on is all. But yeah feel free to lump me in that basic 90s nostalgia category.

BBS Signature

Response to Forgotten times 2017-03-02 00:12:01 (edited 2017-03-02 00:13:04)

I wasn't active in the forums back in the day, which for me was 07-08.

But I do remembering logging on by pure chance during one of the Clock Crews raids. Being naive I attempted to blam their submissions to no avail. It was a unique experience for me, watching as one flash was uploaded after the other. I don't really see anything quite like it now a days.

BBS Signature

Response to Forgotten times 2017-03-02 00:55:10 (edited 2017-03-02 00:56:46)

I'll never forget all the fun times I had picking fights with you over nothing.

Whether you consider us friends or enemies, I can assure you.

i will

never

leave you

[insert creepy ASMR video here]

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Forgotten times 2017-03-02 01:01:30

broooooooo

BBS Signature

Response to Forgotten times 2017-03-02 02:37:58

I have these feels quite often, albeit a bit more for 2005-2007 which isn't as good as everyone says it was, there is a lot of romanticizing done about "back in the day." It was really fun, just before Youtube this place was the hub of internet content submission and lots of viral videos started here.

Lots of us discovered things here that haven't popped up in recent years, Salad Fingers, Madness, Decline of Video Gaming, Links Quest for Ass. What's there been for good internet shows in the last 5 years that's been on par with those narratives? Stupid Mario Bros and Don't Hug me I'm Scared by my counts.

BBS Signature

Response to Forgotten times 2017-03-02 02:50:29

At 3/1/17 10:48 PM, Chat-man wrote: It's a damn shame watching a lot of it fade away,

Is that an euphemism for 'being deleted'?

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to Forgotten times 2017-03-02 12:26:12

I came here in middle school to beat up celebrities, undress hentai girls and have Pico shoot his classmates. It was the "shock" site of the internet. it's toned down more and more every year.

too kawaii to live, too sugoi to die

BBS Signature

Response to Forgotten times 2017-03-02 14:00:04

I joined this site 11 years ago because my dad showed me all the fucked up flash movies and games

he and newgrounds itself completely fucked me up psychologically to this day

Apple is a communist dynasty that is trying to take the world down in flames under its oppressive boot. Samsung will surge the universe into glory #androidnation

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Forgotten times 2017-03-02 20:29:20

At 3/1/17 10:48 PM, Chat-man wrote: Stuff

Any of you old timers feel me on this?

Eyup.

Part of Newgrounds furniture since 2000.Clicky, clicky.

BBS Signature

Response to Forgotten times 2017-03-03 00:27:29

At 3/2/17 12:55 AM, Chdonga wrote: I'll never forget all the fun times I had picking fights with you over nothing.

Whether you consider us friends or enemies, I can assure you.

i will

never

leave you

[insert creepy ASMR video here]

Haha dude you're probably the only guy left who even remembers that stuff about me besides the occasional stranger who comments "plate" on my news posts. So I'll consider us homies. Also, is it weird seeing me as like a functioning human being now? I've always wondered, especially recently since I had someone tell me I'll "always be 10" in their mind.

BBS Signature

Response to Forgotten times 2017-03-03 14:50:10

I have PTSD from 2016

Response to Forgotten times 2017-03-03 20:33:43 (edited 2017-03-03 20:34:32)

At 3/3/17 12:27 AM, Chat-man wrote:
Haha dude you're probably the only guy left who even remembers that stuff about me besides the occasional stranger who comments "plate" on my news posts. So I'll consider us homies. Also, is it weird seeing me as like a functioning human being now? I've always wondered, especially recently since I had someone tell me I'll "always be 10" in their mind.

Oh jeez, if you're my age then that means that you joined as a 9 year old. I feel you dude. :x

At 3/3/17 02:50 PM, NightRaid-NG wrote:
I have PTSD from 2016

same

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to Forgotten times 2017-03-03 22:54:30

At 3/3/17 08:33 PM, Oddlem wrote: Oh jeez, if you're my age then that means that you joined as a 9 year old. I feel you dude. :x

You ain't even got a clue about the shit I've been through, my friend.

BBS Signature

Response to Forgotten times 2017-03-03 23:20:03

At 3/3/17 10:54 PM, Chat-man wrote:

You sure about that?

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to Forgotten times 2017-03-03 23:35:57

At 3/3/17 11:20 PM, Oddlem wrote:
At 3/3/17 10:54 PM, Chat-man wrote:
You sure about that?

I once made a thread when I was 10 where I asked if anyone on NG could draw this anime OC I came up with, whom I also claimed I wanted to date if she were real. The next five pages were just me getting bullied with some dickneck-level shit. Her name was "Shinobu."

Forgotten times

BBS Signature

Response to Forgotten times 2017-03-03 23:48:27 (edited 2017-03-03 23:50:25)

At 3/3/17 11:35 PM, Chat-man wrote:
I once made a thread when I was 10 where I asked if anyone on NG could draw this anime OC I came up with, whom I also claimed I wanted to date if she were real. The next five pages were just me getting bullied with some dickneck-level shit. Her name was "Shinobu."

And one time when I was like 10 and was using youtube, I did dancing cat animations lasting for three minutes on a 3 second loop. One of them was carmelldansen (which I traced and turned into a bootleg furry), uploaded it multiple times, and made possibly the dumbest description for it.
But, on top of that, I also made sock puppet accounts a while later to insult my old videos through comments. And I made other "creepy" sock puppet accounts and pretended to troll myself. AND, they were spread across tons of different videos too.

Don't you test me, boi.

Forgotten times

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to Forgotten times 2017-03-03 23:59:59

At 3/3/17 11:48 PM, Oddlem wrote: Don't you test me, boi.

Perhaps I underestimated you. You are a formidable foe, but
can
you
match
all
of
these
masterpieces?

Every story I wrote in those are fake by the way.

BBS Signature

Response to Forgotten times 2017-03-04 03:02:27

Yeah man, i joined around 2008. and flip-flopped between here and 4chan so the fucked shit kinda stayed with me. I had a huge wave of nostalgia returning here a few months ago.

Response to Forgotten times 2017-03-04 17:29:02

At 3/2/17 02:00 PM, Piemix wrote: I joined this site 11 years ago because my dad showed me all the fucked up flash movies and games

Way to go Dad.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to Forgotten times 2017-03-04 20:08:38

I don't have much nostalgia for the site itself at all, I don't have time fo that shiz c:

Response to Forgotten times 2017-03-04 21:22:41

back in my day of January 2017 newgrounds meant something

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature

Response to Forgotten times 2017-03-04 23:55:59

I'll reminisce with you

in 2006 i signed up on 12/7/06 (the same date as prinzy2). I signed up because I used to play Runescape with @Strength (you should grabbed his cock), and this led to us talking on Yahoo! Messenger. From there, he told me I should join newgrounds. I joined because I loved that kiddo (at my ripe age in 2006). I signed up as agustana (ERROR — No user "agustana" exists in our system.)

i was a member of this website from 2006-2011, when i had all of my posts deleted and my account deleted.

i was here through all the "birthday threads", it was like every single user that frequented the website get a cool birthday thread (usually dicks), i was here through dick neck (the beast awakens), the rise of stickam, the rise of @EyeLovePoozy on stickam with his crane, penicorns,nd so much more.

I spent my time chatting with users like @Purpin, @Sarcasm, @BaronVonBadGuy, @tehslaphappy, @ZJ, @Asindir, @ngfan14, and so, so, so many other users

@Zerok was cool when i was here, where he is now?
@WadeFulp spent time on stickam with the users of this website and actually took time to get to know some of them

people planned meetups all over the world (i'm not talking just mod meetups; i'm talking sometime just all user meetups, and sometimes a variety)

i was here when this place was ALIVE with life

then i left

and i came back five years later

i came back in 2017 and i still have no clue why i came back

but i did

and i still love it here even though it's so, so, so different

BBS Signature

Response to Forgotten times 2017-03-05 18:43:11

At 3/4/17 05:29 PM, iscrulz wrote:
At 3/2/17 02:00 PM, Piemix wrote: I joined this site 11 years ago because my dad showed me all the fucked up flash movies and games

Way to go Dad.

The funny thing is that it was my Dad who also accidentally lead me to NG when he sat me down as a 7 year old kid and we legit played Dad n Me together. He told me never to play that game again and not to tell my mom. I immediately clicked the link to NG on the game when he left the room.

BBS Signature