00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Microphone Recording Tips?

1,080 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Microphone Recording Tips? 2017-02-27 13:21:36

I have a really sensitive condenser mic i use to record rapping/singing.
Main problems are that it is wayyyy too sensitive sometimes so its hard to do anything but rap very softly, which is hard.
Also it picks up a lot of white noise, is there any easy way to remove it, because i tried with audacity and didnt work well

Response to Microphone Recording Tips? 2017-02-27 14:48:07

what brand of mic is it and what is the mic plugged into? you should have some way to control the gain going into the preamp, and if it's a usb mic with a built in pre then there should be software you can dl to do that.

p.s. i am gay

Response to Microphone Recording Tips? 2017-02-27 15:26:58

At 2/27/17 02:48 PM, midimachine wrote: what brand of mic is it and what is the mic plugged into? you should have some way to control the gain going into the preamp, and if it's a usb mic with a built in pre then there should be software you can dl to do that.

First off, I love your song Placebos, i have that shit on my iPod would listen to it a lot.
Second, its a CAD Audio U37 USB Condenser Microphone plugged into my mac book.I use Fl studios or audacity;

Response to Microphone Recording Tips? 2017-02-27 18:47:14

Well, it sounds like you may be able to solve both problems simultaneously.
If the mic is too senstive and you're having to tone down your vocal volume to accomodate, you may just want to dial down the gain. I've never used a USB mic before, but they don't seem to have gain knobs on the outside, so you probably need to adjust the gain via a driver. If the gain is cranked super high, not only would that explain the sensitivity, but also the excessive white (i.e. circuit) noise. You may not be able to eliminate all noticeable traces of white noise, given that the CAD Audio U37 is a $40 condenser, but if you haven't taken the time to fine-tune your gain settings yet, you should start there.

Derp.

BBS Signature