00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kyzakay just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Deleted Content 2017-02-19 23:29:59

All of my submissions were apparently removed. They had been up for over 10 years, and I would frequently go back and show my friends my creations, but now they are perhaps lost forever. Who would I contact regarding this?

Response to Deleted Content 2017-02-20 04:57:20

At 2/20/17 12:07 AM, NekoMika wrote: Will need to reach out to a Movies & Games Portal mod to see why they may have been removed.

@Deftones665 @Exedor @gamejunkie @Alexander

I couldn't find much information as to why it was removed. It may have been due to copyrighted music. Newgrounds has been under fire recently for having many submissions with copyrighted music, and so we've been pulling many of them. I republished it, however, if information comes up that it was removed for music, then it may have to come down again.

Response to Deleted Content 2017-02-20 13:27:33

At 2/19/17 11:29 PM, Everblayde wrote: All of my submissions were apparently removed. They had been up for over 10 years, and I would frequently go back and show my friends my creations, but now they are perhaps lost forever. Who would I contact regarding this?
At 2/20/17 04:57 AM, Exedor wrote:
At 2/20/17 12:07 AM, NekoMika wrote: Will need to reach out to a Movies & Games Portal mod to see why they may have been removed.
@Deftones665 @Exedor @gamejunkie @Alexander

You keep forgetting the 'Fan' part of my username, Neko, haha.

I couldn't find much information as to why it was removed. It may have been due to copyrighted music. Newgrounds has been under fire recently for having many submissions with copyrighted music, and so we've been pulling many of them. I republished it, however, if information comes up that it was removed for music, then it may have to come down again.

Yeah, Exedor basically summed it up for you. Considering your submissions were over ten years old, they were most likely removed due to having copyrighted music.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to Deleted Content 2017-02-20 19:38:14

I don't have a whole lot of bearing on this particular case, however I concur if they were removed, it was likely for copyrighted music/content.

Once upon a time our rules regarding parody and the like were more relaxed, but in today's world, unfortunately, NG can't be afforded that potential risk.

The kind of old they just don't make anymore!

[Had your submission unpublished? Click here!]

BBS Signature