00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FylypFimpossible just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Wilde Life: The Dub NEW ROLES

1,221 Views | 1 Reply
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Wilde Life: The Dub NEW ROLES 2017-02-15 21:15:34

Wilde Life is a supernatural/horror/adventure webcomic by Pascalle Lepas, who has granted me permission to dub it. It is a modern-day story of a writer and journalist named Oscar who left Chicago behind for a fresh start in Oklahoma. Little does he know the house he rented is haunted by the ghost of a 1940’s mathematician, who becomes his room mate. The story follows his adventures in the town of Podunk, which he finds to be a hotbed of supernatural activity. You can find the comic here:

http://www.wildelifecomic.com/about

The comic dub will be presented in the style of a comic voice-over video with some kinetic comic elements. Each chapter of the comic will make up one “episode” which will be uploaded to youtube likely on a monthly basis.

Right now we've got most of the cast together, but need VAs to fill four roles for the 6th chapter of the comic.
You can check out our current cast in this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvmllyBX5Lk

Check out the audition info here!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uWnbWbpPNDXdrD6TLSMIeL9ve546PkuuZxzUiyL0Z-g/edit?usp=sharing

Please email auditions to sfbauditions@gmail.com

The deadline for auditions is the end of March 31st. (There will be some wiggle room due to differences in time zones, so don’t worry, but please try to submit your auditions before the deadline.)

Requirements:

- I ask that all auditionees for Zulime, Carl, and Jay be 18 years or older. People under 18 can audition for Kevin. No exceptions.

- I recommend against auditioning if sexual themes in a project make you uncomfortable, although they will be watered down and will likely not require any involved acting on your part. Although none of the adult characters here have been involved in such scenes, the comic is still in progress so I can’t confirm whether or not that will change.

- You must be okay with swearing.

- The comic contains homosexual characters. If this bothers you at all, please do not audition.

- The comic contains scenes of violence, blood, gore, and body horror (Mostly chapter 5 so far). If this bothers you, it is best not to audition.

- Condenser mics are preferred, be they USB mics, or mics connected through an external interface. Please no cell phone, headset, or laptop mics.

- Please ensure that your recording space isn’t too noisy and doesn’t have a lot of reverb or echo. Subtle ambient noises in the background can be edited out, but noise removal can only do so much. (In the end, if you’re still unsure how your space sounds, just send in your audition anyways. No harm in trying!)

- Please don’t add any effects to your audition (echo, reverb, etc.) I want to hear your unedited voice.

- If you are cast, please provide your easiest method of contact and/or an email address.

- This project will be ongoing for several months, as the comic is not yet complete. Once chapter 6 is complete, it will be a matter of waiting for the next chapter to be finished. Please avoid auditioning if you do not think you can commit in the long term. I will do my best to make sure your recording schedule is not a burden, and once recording for the current chapter is finished, you'll have quite a few months free until the next script is complete.

Good luck to everyone who auditions, and thanks for taking an interest in the project!

Response to Wilde Life: The Dub NEW ROLES 2017-03-10 15:44:53

Three weeks left! Here's the updated audition count.

Zulime: 5
Kevin: 2
Carl: 1
Jay: 1