00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Neptuno84 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Overrated games

2,491 Views | 50 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Overrated games 2017-02-20 18:11:43

At 2/13/17 05:11 PM, PGAM wrote: What is the most overrated game in your opinion?

Call of Duty Black Ops 2. I would say all of the Call Of Duty games, but you specifically requested one game, so that would have to be Black Ops 2.

Response to Overrated games 2017-02-20 18:31:41

D00k Newcum 3-Dee becuz bewbz.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Overrated games 2017-02-20 18:45:52

At 2/15/17 06:34 PM, PGAM wrote: League of Legends is good, but no so so good.

Just that. LoL is so overrated, if u want depth and true skill u go with Dota 2. League is so-so. Fun, but not awesome. Just like there standalone software. Oh wait, thats horrible actually.

Just an individual which trades in Gaming information // YouTube Gaming Channel // Discord: 5hadowbroker#4225 // Steam: 5hadowbroker

Response to Overrated games 2017-02-20 21:12:05

The COD series, the FNAF series and Outlast

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to Overrated games 2017-02-22 08:37:50

At 2/18/17 03:37 PM, WaffleCrisp wrote: Mario games. All of them. Yes, I said it.

Not Paper Mario advanced.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to Overrated games 2017-03-07 18:56:20

At 2/17/17 09:07 PM, Doctor933brains wrote: Undertale, that shit was way overblown. The fans don't help its case either.

Most of the undertale fan arts are kind of weird, like the Frisk (child) dating the Papyrus (adult). Somebody kill me please.

The post above makes no sense and shouldn't be taken seriously given that the person who said it is completely braindead. I was talking about me in case you didn't notice.

BBS Signature

Response to Overrated games 2017-03-07 19:35:11

It's a factual opinion that Final Fantasy IV is overrated.

Response to Overrated games 2017-03-07 20:38:59 (edited 2017-03-07 20:40:10)

At 3/7/17 06:56 PM, PGAM wrote: Most of the undertale fan arts are kind of weird, like the Frisk (child) dating the Papyrus (adult). Somebody kill me please.

Not just art, pretty much every fan video with voice acting accompanied with it. I just can't bear to listen to more than a second of that garbage.

BBS Signature

Response to Overrated games 2017-03-08 15:16:53

How is no mans sky overrated? absolutely nobody likes it

P.S.
that includes me

Response to Overrated games 2017-03-16 07:19:24

Bioshock Infinite.

Although not a follower of [hseroK divaD], she's a devoted Branch Davidian.

Response to Overrated games 2017-03-16 14:41:47

I don't really like these kind of questions, because the answers are generally reactions to the fan-base, more so than the game itself. There are a lot of games that I think are genuinely great, but the fanaticism surrounding them make it harder to appreciate the game for what it is.

A game I legitimately believe to be grossly overrated, however, is Mass Effect 2. It's a game where the disparity between its reviews and awards are entirely at odds with what I felt to be genuinely bad game design decisions nearly every step of the way. ME2 is a game that took the foundation of a great (albeit flawed and broken) sci-fi RPG, and stripped away everything that made it an RPG. Experience is doled out in lump sums at the end of missions, meaning every player is more or less at the same level and with the same tools at any given point in the same. Combat options are simplified to a few useless abilities and one supremely efficient strategy (sniper rifle + slow-down = headshots galore). Exploration is axed entirely, leaving only small combat arenas in place of the various vast regions throughout the galaxy in ME1. The only thing they improved upon, to any degree, is conversation. Even then, they gave us a far less interesting story that featured a boring hivemind and a giant terminator head.

The biggest problem with ME2 being so heavily overrated is that it really set back any hope of getting another game in the series more close to ME1. Here we are just days away from Andromeda, and I'm having a hard time getting excited about it.

Oh, also, any Sonic game ever. I think people keep it in a special place in their hearts, because they played it as kids. They're not very good games.

Response to Overrated games 2017-04-01 15:21:52

Hmmmm....
There's a lot of them.
Undertale, Overwatch, Five Nights at Freddy's, etc.

Response to Overrated games 2017-04-01 15:27:16

At 4/1/17 03:21 PM, imTsuna wrote: Hmmmm....
There's a lot of them.

Ok, but why FNaF?

The post above makes no sense and shouldn't be taken seriously given that the person who said it is completely braindead. I was talking about me in case you didn't notice.

BBS Signature

Response to Overrated games 2017-04-01 15:39:04

At 4/1/17 03:27 PM, PGAM wrote:
There's a lot of them.
Ok, but why FNaF?

Well, Fnaf is kinda of a crappy game because (imo) there's almost nothing to do in it, and people only like it because of the theories about the game. Its kinda of good for a horror game, but every night is basically the same thing. And FNAF: Sister Location was just awful. I hated it.

Response to Overrated games 2017-04-01 15:59:25

At 4/1/17 03:39 PM, imTsuna wrote:
At 4/1/17 03:27 PM, PGAM wrote:
There's a lot of them.
Ok, but why FNaF?
Well, Fnaf is kinda of a crappy game because (imo) there's almost nothing to do in it, and people only like it because of the theories about the game. Its kinda of good for a horror game, but every night is basically the same thing. And FNAF: Sister Location was just awful. I hated it.

Well, I think FNaF has a good story. But FNaF got very famous because it is a different game of terror.

BBS Signature

Response to Overrated games 2017-04-01 18:23:22

The Witcher 3
Overwatch
undertale
Minecraft

Response to Overrated games 2017-04-01 18:50:03

You know what, I thought of a couple of others that are overrated, though they are still worth playing.

Going back, the first Saints' Row certainly didn't age very well, and this might be I've been more used to GTA/Mafia control schemes where the shoulder buttons are gas/brake, but the controls certainly do take time getting used to. Furthermore, the final missions for each gang are ridiculously difficult, especially the "What goes up..." mission. (Weirdly enough, the last time I played that mission a long time ago, I beat it on my first try, but only just.) To a lesser extent, SR The Third is honestly overrated, not necessarily by design but the constant tonal shifts from silly to serious with little warning. Granted, that is a staple of the franchise, but they usually build themselves up rather than go up and down consistently. The fact that most everyone takes themselves way too seriously or not at all doesn't help.

Speaking of tonal shifts, Chronophantasma has got to be the worst offender of the BlazBlue series. Like Saints' Row, BB has a lot of comedy sprinkled in with the drama, but their respective third installments just seem to be all over the place in terms of tone. Sometimes it goes from wacky and even heartwarming to serious and dark, and Ragna is the worst example of this. Speaking of characters, whose bright idea was it to replace Terumi, who was entertaining in his utter evil with a monotone nihilist, even if was for that game only? I could go on and on, but I'll save it for another time.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Overrated games 2017-04-02 06:39:02

Jump Scare: The Game (FNaF, all of them)

Call of Duty - Premium Elite Prestige Gold Legacy Edition, just $99.99 + $40 for season pass (all of them)

Destiny: Same Shit Every Day Edition

Final Fantasy 7. totally unengaging with a nonsensical jrpg plot.

Minecraft. i don't get it.

Newest track: Savant - Upbeat Melodic Metal - Frontpaged!

BBS Signature

Response to Overrated games 2017-04-04 09:52:06

Most of the Call Of Duty games. Also, I don't get the massive thing on The Witcher 3?

BBS Signature

Response to Overrated games 2017-04-07 12:55:39 (edited 2017-04-07 12:55:53)

Throwing around the word "overrated" is overrated.

Response to Overrated games 2017-04-20 03:22:47

The God of War series. Some of the fanbase makes it seem like it is the greatest thing ever made and that Kratos is the most ultimate being since the beginning of time. It's one of the instances where a fanbase has ruined any chance of me wanting to try a game or game series.