00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

sereneFalconer just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I'm gonna pull an "all-nighter"

1,242 Views | 27 Replies

I'm gonna pull an "all-nighter" 2017-02-12 00:25:49

I highly doubt that any of you are even awake at this time but yes, I am gonna pull an all-nighter. I actually won't be doing it because of school work (even tho my grades are shit at this point), I'll be doing it many because I want to stay up for an entire night, just for the hell of it. One time when I was 12 I stayed up until 6am, but this time, I wanna try and make it till 7:30-ish. Wish me the best of luck my good folks!

Also, forum question: When was the first time you pulled an all-nighter and why, and how did it turn out?

I really don't know what to put on here.

Response to I'm gonna pull an "all-nighter" 2017-02-12 00:37:01

At 2/12/17 12:25 AM, theadhx wrote: Also, forum question: When was the first time you pulled an all-nighter and why, and how did it turn out?

When the Steelers won Super Bowl XLIII. I had to be at work really, really early the next morning, but I was WAAAY too wound up to go to bed that night. Not only that, but if I went to bed and had to get up, I'd have just been groggy, so I figured I might as well.

I was living in central Ohio at the time, so my now-husband called me after the game from a party here in town he was attending that some mutual friends hosted. We were all way too excited. XD

As for college/grad school, I never actually pulled any all-nighters. I always ended up crashing from exhaustion if I was up too late working on something.

I stay up most nights way past after everyone's asleep. Gives me time to lurk~

I'd say my first all nighter was when I came home with an N64 with a copy of Super Mario 64. My parents let me skip school for a day, so I played until I couldn't stay up.

BBS Signature

Response to I'm gonna pull an "all-nighter" 2017-02-12 00:40:18

At 2/12/17 12:25 AM, theadhx wrote: I highly doubt that any of you are even awake at this time

Timezones exist.

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to I'm gonna pull an "all-nighter" 2017-02-12 00:42:16

At 2/12/17 12:37 AM, D3KU wrote: Beat my record of 49 hours. Let's see if you can dethrone me. I commonly stay up all night programming.i don't remember the first time I did though.

49 hours?! Holy crap you madman!

Response to I'm gonna pull an "all-nighter" 2017-02-12 00:43:08

My bed time is usually around 7 or 8am. So I guess you can say I pull all nighters every night.

Response to I'm gonna pull an "all-nighter" 2017-02-12 00:43:46

I pulled a few all-nighters on accident. I didn't do anything productive with that time unfortunately.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to I'm gonna pull an "all-nighter" 2017-02-12 00:44:36

At 2/12/17 12:40 AM, Oddlem wrote:
At 2/12/17 12:25 AM, theadhx wrote: I highly doubt that any of you are even awake at this time
Timezones exist.

Oh yeah forgot about the time zones....

Response to I'm gonna pull an "all-nighter" 2017-02-12 00:46:54

At 2/12/17 12:40 AM, Doctor933brains wrote: I stay up most nights way past after everyone's asleep. Gives me time to lurk~

I'd say my first all nighter was when I came home with an N64 with a copy of Super Mario 64. My parents let me skip school for a day, so I played until I couldn't stay up.

Your parents sound cool tho

Response to I'm gonna pull an "all-nighter" 2017-02-12 01:26:44

At 2/12/17 12:25 AM, theadhx wrote:
Also, forum question: When was the first time you pulled an all-nighter and why, and how did it turn out?

I work 3rd so all the time. But I f I am off I fall asleep at 2..

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to I'm gonna pull an "all-nighter" 2017-02-12 01:37:23

At 2/12/17 12:43 AM, mothballs wrote: My bed time is usually around 7 or 8am. So I guess you can say I pull all nighters every night.

Same. It's 7:36 AM here now (I'm in Holland). Anything before that is an early night for me.

Response to I'm gonna pull an "all-nighter" 2017-02-12 01:44:03

At 2/12/17 01:37 AM, Tumblenerd wrote: Same. It's 7:36 AM here now (I'm in Holland). Anything before that is an early night for me.

Wow, I thought I was the only nut who had that schedule. Guess not, lol.

Response to I'm gonna pull an "all-nighter" 2017-02-12 01:57:28

I did 55 hours when Burning Crusade released for WoW, other than that I did 40 hours for a shift in the oil field.

BBS Signature

Response to I'm gonna pull an "all-nighter" 2017-02-12 04:01:30

At 2/12/17 12:25 AM, theadhx wrote: When was the first time you pulled an all-nighter and why, and how did it turn out?

Probably in the summer of '98 (or was it '99?) when my family stayed over at a friends' place, a 5 hours drive away.

My brother and I camped out in the backyard with the boys, and we stayed up until dawn.

All I wanted to do was sleep the rest of the day.

Nowadays I just try to get at least an hour's sleep before waking up for a super early event.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to I'm gonna pull an "all-nighter" 2017-02-12 09:50:06

So I'm here to tell you guys that last night I couldn't even last until 4am in my timezone and went to sleep and that fucking sucks. I didn't have any bottles of Pepsi with me this time to fully stay woke so yeah.

Feels bad man.

Response to I'm gonna pull an "all-nighter" 2017-02-12 10:35:22

At 2/12/17 12:25 AM, theadhx wrote: One time when I was 12 I stayed up until 6am, but this time, I wanna try and make it till 7:30-ish.

Wow can't wait to see what kind of a difference one year makes.

I carry your heart. I carry it in my heart.

BBS Signature

Response to I'm gonna pull an "all-nighter" 2017-02-12 11:11:16

i've done it and succeeded a bunch of times
I procrastinate on sleep every single day
all you really have to do to stay awake is just keep eating

I was homeschooled in high school and made my own schedule, so I did it VERY regularly when I was a teenager. Probably once every two weeks or so.

Now I'm an old broken man with a full-time job and it's a bit more difficult.

Response to I'm gonna pull an "all-nighter" 2017-02-12 14:55:51

If I forget my night meds I stay up for a day or so. I tend to feel good in a some what of a euphoric sense.

Response to I'm gonna pull an "all-nighter" 2017-02-12 17:55:01

At 2/12/17 12:25 AM, theadhx wrote:

It was 2 years ago, I was watching TV till 3:30 am, when I said fuck it im going to bed, I've been trying to fall asleep for half an hour when I realised that the sun was rising, so I got up and proceeded to do things I did before I went to bed. I fell asleep during lunch that day though.

Response to I'm gonna pull an "all-nighter" 2017-02-12 18:34:52

At 2/12/17 05:56 PM, D3KU wrote: Your next goal is to pull a all dayer

believe me, I do it everyday

Response to I'm gonna pull an "all-nighter" 2017-02-12 22:05:48

How'd it go?

Response to I'm gonna pull an "all-nighter" 2017-02-13 03:55:02

At 2/12/17 12:25 AM, theadhx wrote: Also, forum question: When was the first time you pulled an all-nighter and why, and how did it turn out?

First all nighter was when a friend was staying over. It was after Halloween, and we were playing games. We stayed up until 6 AM, when my mom woke up and saw we were awake. We pretended to sleep for an hour, then continued to play games. He went home at 12 AM. I fell asleep at around 12:30.

xoxo

svalis

Response to I'm gonna pull an "all-nighter" 2017-02-13 05:36:09

Pulled an all nighter for the first time during a sleepover with some friends just for the hell of it years ago. We headed to Six Flags Great America the next morning. Only other all-nighters I've pulled have been for work, projects, or exams for college. Longest I've gone is around 2 days, and damn do you get paranoid and irritated. Started getting real paranoid and seeing shadows, and that was when I just knew I needed to just crash.

Response to I'm gonna pull an "all-nighter" 2017-02-13 09:08:00

At 2/12/17 10:05 PM, NightRaid-NG wrote: How'd it go?

Failed and went to sleep at 4am

Response to I'm gonna pull an "all-nighter" 2017-02-13 10:02:13

Holy shit...I can't remember the last time I pulled an all-nighter. I'm pretty prone to going to bed around 3-4AM on the weekend, and then getting up around noon or later. I have no desire to stay up for a full 24 hours though. I love sleep way too much, even if I struggle getting it.

BBS Signature

Response to I'm gonna pull an "all-nighter" 2017-02-13 10:46:40

As a serious hard-head with hereditary sleep issues, let me explain the basic chart of how this goes:

day 1: Normal day. You had a good night's sleep the day before.

night 1: WOO HOO! Sleep deprivation adrenaline! Let's drink all the booze!

day 2: Sleep deprivation kicks in. Cranky and frazzled, getting by on nervous energy and coffee. Lots of coffee.

night 2: You are either on drugs or dealing with some serious bullshit. This is the point where even insomniacs toss back an ambien. Unless you are on the good meth or at some kind of crazy multi-day convention, you should sleep. If your insomnia gets you past this day, you should seriously take some sleeping pills.

day 3: YOU ARE DAMAGING YOUR HEART. Your body is not built for this. Visual hallucinations of things melting and wobbling start on this day. Creeping sleep can overcome you, leading to being "jerked awake" by whatever horrible reason it is you still haven't gone to sleep. Your brain is running out of neurotransmitters, if you have made it to this point you should be chugging coffee and B vitamins. You can probably feel individual red blood cells as they move through your veins.

night 3: You are on meth. Comes to grips with the fact the MDMA you have been sold is meth. No one who is not on drugs is awake now. Go on, weigh yourself; the increased metabolism from not sleeping should have knocked a handful of pounds off of you. The insomniacs knocked themselves unconscious with drugs yesterday. Even hardheads are looking at you like this shit is not even cute.

day 4: Even if you don't have insurance, call a doctor. If you are still enjoying yourself, rest assured that the shards of meth you have ingested are of top quality. If crack cocaine has brought you here, you have spent quite a large amount of money. Even the tweakers in the gaming guilds are looking at you like you might steal the copper out of their air conditioning coil. Adderall and Vyvance are both brand names for methampetamine, and if they have brought you here you now know this better than anyone. Lemmy's ghost rises from the grave and begs you to go to rehab.

Night 4: you are going to have a fucking stroke. You know that old meth head with the facial paralysis? Yeah, that guy stayed up past night 4. You have a long conversation with Death where Death breaks the news to you that you have a drug problem and He can no longer hang out with you if you're going to be like this. Hell, if you're staying up past night 4, I don't know how comfortable I am writing this for you. Don't stay up past night 4. Just don't.

This is a song about death. It's on mandolin.

Hate is the first step to all solutions.

You will not end bigotry until you learn to hate it.

BBS Signature

Response to I'm gonna pull an "all-nighter" 2017-02-13 21:31:44

At 2/13/17 09:08 AM, theadhx wrote:
At 2/12/17 10:05 PM, NightRaid-NG wrote: How'd it go?
Failed and went to sleep at 4am

At least you tried