00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kingkavvvv just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Post Pics of Your Studio Setup

3,120 Views | 40 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Post Pics of Your Studio Setup 2017-02-11 08:28:41

Thought it might be cool to post studio setup pics.

Here is mine! On the table is:

Eurorack 9U case
Eurorack 6U case
KORG MS20 Mini Synth
Roland TB3 Synth
AY3 Chiptune Synth
Roland A500-PRO Keyboard Controller
Nord Drum Synth
Macbook Pro with Ableton Live 9 Suite
MIDI.OCD Polyphonic MIDI->CV Converter
Samson Patchbay

Response to Post Pics of Your Studio Setup 2017-02-11 11:23:03

damn, and here i thought i don't have to ever take pictures of my car.

Response to Post Pics of Your Studio Setup 2017-02-11 14:55:45

Dang dude, those patch cables. Looks nice and neat arranged like that though.

Here's my little station.

https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/potatoman/sexy-potatoman

Response to Post Pics of Your Studio Setup 2017-02-11 17:48:59

Here is mine - almost complete (finally...)

System:
Mac Pro 6.1 12-Core XEON E5, 64 GB ECC RAM, 1 TB PCIe based Flash Memory, Dual AMD Firepro D500 GPUs, Apple 27ยดยด Thunderbolt Display and 2 x Samsung BX2231 LED Displays, macOS 10.12.3 Sierra

Storage:
WD Essentials 500 GB USB 3 for NI Stuff and Kontakt Libraries, 2 x LaCie Rugged Thunderbolt External SSD 500 GB, 2 x Samsung EVO External USB 3 SSD 250 GB, 1 x Sony External USB 3 SSD 128 GB, 3 x WD 1 TB HDD used for Libraries / Backups / Manuals / Digital Books, 1 x WD My Book 4TB for Time Machine and Project Backups

Miscellaneous:
Interface: NI Komplete Audio 6, Studioheadphones: Sennheiser HD 25-1 II, Nearfield Monitors: Yamaha HS 7 (switching to Neumann KH-120 or Adam s3a soon), Keyboards and Synths: CME UF 80 + Waldorf Nano, Yamaha PSR 610, LD Systems Sustain Pedal SP-1, Breath Controller TEControl USB, Studio Microphone Rode NT1-A + Popshield + LD Systems Absorber, Wacom Intuos Pen & Touch 490 Art, ZOOM H-5 Portable Recorder, Sony Stereo Microphone ECM-MS907 + Sony portable Minidisc Recorder

"Real" Instruments:
Concert Grand Piano, Violin, Acoustic Nylon Guitar, Recorders, Chromonica, various small perc

DAW / Notation:
Apple Logic Pro X Studio, Steinberg Cubase Pro 9, Avid Pro Tools 12 & Sibelius 7.5, Staffpad, Steinberg Cubase LE, Wavelab LE

Effects:
EastWest / Quantum Leap, Sonnox , Izotope, Native Instruments, Melodyne, Krotos Ltd, Toneforge, Mercuriall

Sample Libraries:
8dio, AcousticSampling, AudioGrocery, Bestservice, BigFish Audio, BolderSounds, BOOM Library, Chris Hein, Cinematic Strings, CineSamples, CryptoCipher, EastWest / QuantumLeap, Evolution Series, Eduardo Tarilonte, Embertone, Fable Sounds, Heavyocity, Ilya Efimov, ImpactSoundWorks, Izotope, Motu, Native Instruments, Orange Tree Samples, Orchestral Tools, Plogue, Premier Sound Factory, ProjectSam, Samplemodeling, Sonokinetic, Soundiron, Spitfire Audio, Strezov Sampling, Toneforge, Toontrack, Vienna Symphonic Library, Xfer, Yamaha, Zero-G

I am stil saving for that studio desk by Unterlass from Vienna, Austria. After that table and the Adam s3a all the shopping finally will come to an end...

BBS Signature

Response to Post Pics of Your Studio Setup 2017-02-11 18:04:49

At 2/11/17 02:55 PM, ConnorGrail wrote: Dang dude, those patch cables. Looks nice and neat arranged like that though.

Haha thanks.. yeah I have a lot of patch points with my Eurorack and MS20 and like to create huge patches!

Nice setups all.. am I right in thinking that newgrounds artists are more 'in the box' types?

Response to Post Pics of Your Studio Setup 2017-02-11 18:10:37

At 2/11/17 06:04 PM, DavidCraddock wrote:
At 2/11/17 02:55 PM, ConnorGrail wrote: Dang dude, those patch cables. Looks nice and neat arranged like that though.
Haha thanks.. yeah I have a lot of patch points with my Eurorack and MS20 and like to create huge patches!

Nice setups all.. am I right in thinking that newgrounds artists are more 'in the box' types?

I would think a lot of us are, with Newgrounds being so accessable to indie artists. I'm sure there are people here with setups to put us all to shame.

Response to Post Pics of Your Studio Setup 2017-02-11 18:50:27

At 2/11/17 06:10 PM, ConnorGrail wrote: I would think a lot of us are, with Newgrounds being so accessable to indie artists. I'm sure there are people here with setups to put us all to shame.

It's not a competition thread! It's a thread of mutual appreciation :)

Response to Post Pics of Your Studio Setup 2017-02-11 18:56:39

At 2/11/17 06:50 PM, DavidCraddock wrote:
At 2/11/17 06:10 PM, ConnorGrail wrote: I would think a lot of us are, with Newgrounds being so accessable to indie artists. I'm sure there are people here with setups to put us all to shame.
It's not a competition thread! It's a thread of mutual appreciation :)

True! Everyones got their own way of working!

Response to Post Pics of Your Studio Setup 2017-02-12 08:16:23

Heres mine, guitars are out of the shot unfortunately.

Response to Post Pics of Your Studio Setup 2017-02-12 11:05:10

ayyyy, @lich

My setup:

-1 custom PC running Windows 10
-3 hand-me-down computer screens (the smallest one is actually a TV)
-1 set of consumer-level speakers + subwoofer that I bought from Wal-Mart
-Nektar Impact iX61 MIDI keyboard
-Focusrite Scarlett sound box
-Multichannel headphone amp
-Strat copy guitar
-Old guitar/bass amps that I don't use anymore
-Car keys
-1/2 of a Burger King chicken sandwich
-Empty canvas/writer's block
-All the same samples and soft synths that everyone else uses

My little setup. I have gotten really used to 3 monitors which kind of sucks when I try to work on my laptop at home haha. 1st world problems I guess

Response to Post Pics of Your Studio Setup 2017-02-15 07:45:27

This is my...um........I think this is not a 'studio'...... but at least I compose music here.........

For anyone wondering, those are :

A laptop which is super laggy
Little clock
Earphone (Not even headphone :P)
Usb cable (for my phone)
Calendar
Desk lamp

Response to Post Pics of Your Studio Setup 2017-02-15 08:17:51

Huh, I somehow expected that everyone on NG has a setup similar to mine. Then again, I can't even play an instrument...

\ / Bunny ears didn't happen by accident

BBS Signature

Response to Post Pics of Your Studio Setup 2017-02-15 19:53:16

wow o.O me like

Earn money online

BBS Signature

My studio just now, no longer set up for audio production though. I'm mostly doing videography and photography stuff these days.

EDIT: I know there's an old "Instruments" thread, but I think it's pretty much dead. Let's make this the official "Studio Pics Thread" mmmkay?

Response to Post Pics of Your Studio Setup 2017-02-18 03:06:50

+stock headphones that come with samsung s3

im poor

Response to Post Pics of Your Studio Setup 2017-02-18 04:56:05

... :) hi

The worth of a man can be measured by the length of his reverb, and the girth of his waveform

Thees waveforme iz veri dangerous. Ve must deal vit it. squash

Response to Post Pics of Your Studio Setup 2017-02-18 09:23:27

At 2/13/17 10:38 PM, FWLRmusic wrote: My little setup. I have gotten really used to 3 monitors which kind of sucks when I try to work on my laptop at home haha. 1st world problems I guess

No, no, wait- what's that in the corner? Is that a CRT TV with a SNES hooked up to it?

Response to Post Pics of Your Studio Setup 2017-02-18 10:56:06

At 2/18/17 03:06 AM, splicage wrote: +stock headphones that come with samsung s3

im poor

not much different from you mate. im sure many on here have only a laptop as their whole wide world.

Response to Post Pics of Your Studio Setup 2017-02-18 15:04:40

At 2/18/17 10:56 AM, SnowTeddy wrote:
At 2/18/17 03:06 AM, splicage wrote: +stock headphones that come with samsung s3

im poor
not much different from you mate. im sure many on here have only a laptop as their whole wide world.

haha. it's all i need. if i get famous one day maybe i'll upgrade

Response to Post Pics of Your Studio Setup 2017-02-18 22:10:05

At 2/18/17 03:04 PM, splicage wrote:
At 2/18/17 10:56 AM, SnowTeddy wrote:

im poor
haha. it's all i need. if i get famous one day maybe i'll upgrade

next life, i'll equip my next-life studio armed to the teeth like all the guys on here.

Response to Post Pics of Your Studio Setup 2017-02-19 08:55:30

At 2/18/17 09:23 AM, Rahmemhotep wrote:
At 2/13/17 10:38 PM, FWLRmusic wrote: My little setup. I have gotten really used to 3 monitors which kind of sucks when I try to work on my laptop at home haha. 1st world problems I guess
No, no, wait- what's that in the corner? Is that a CRT TV with a SNES hooked up to it?

bahahaha busted! I also have a NES, a N64, and a modded Atari 2600 with a synth cartridge. Also I have a midi input on my NES to use it as a synth :P

Response to Post Pics of Your Studio Setup 2017-02-19 14:13:19

My lil corner

BBS Signature

Response to Post Pics of Your Studio Setup 2017-02-20 13:43:55

Here's my synth corner + newly built electronics workbench. The synth furthers to the back (on the workbench) is my perpetually-WiP DIY modular synthesizer.

Also @Rennh that's creepy

Response to Post Pics of Your Studio Setup 2017-02-20 13:47:57

And here's a shot of my desk where the actual production happens :)

Pouble Dost

Response to Post Pics of Your Studio Setup 2017-03-02 19:01:13

At 2/20/17 01:43 PM, Mich wrote:
Also @Rennh that's creepy

I think you have some diehard fnas :P

Response to Post Pics of Your Studio Setup 2017-03-03 23:30:09

the studio

Response to Post Pics of Your Studio Setup 2017-03-07 18:25:44

Well, I figured I should take a photo of my current setup before I convert it into a nursery approximately 6 months from now:

At 3/3/17 11:30 PM, finicalprickle wrote: the studio

That is not an actual studio, that is a very small laptop running a tracker. But it's technically a studio.

Actually it's very similar to my studio, a mac, but i also have a midi controller. And a pair of panasonic headphones.