00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Da-Birb just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Games with incorrect IDs

258 Views | 1 Reply
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Games with incorrect IDs 2017-02-06 17:31:54

@PsychoGoldfish looked at one of these, but did not correct the issue. Issue still stands. I think he maybe didn't understand what I was trying to say so I'll try again.

When a user goes to their medal pages, for example here http://neonspider.newgrounds.com/stats/medals or replace my name with any other user, they are supposed to be able to click on "Play" next to any of the games to play the game. This does not work in a few cases because the games have incorrect IDs on these pages.

Solution = Fix all IDs of incorrect games to the correct IDs in all the medals pages. Obviously the problem is, for whatever reason, there are at least two IDs stored on the database for the games in question, with an incorrect ID being pulled and stored on the user medal pages for some reason.

I have so far found two games with this problem, but there may be more, and they should be handled on a case-by-case basis as it's a pretty rare issue, but if it affects a game, it affects it 100% of the time.

---------------------

Blasting Agent

The incorrect ID listed on the medals pages is 1262751648 and the correct ID is 522921

Pitluff Driver

The incorrect ID listed on the medals pages is 612056 and the correct ID is 612059

And by ID I mean the numbers at the end of the URL that gets you to the game in question, so www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/ and then the ID number

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Games with incorrect IDs 2017-02-08 20:50:36

I want to thank either @PsychoGoldfish or @BrentHeMan (whichever of you two fixed these) for fixing up these two particular instances of games with incorrect IDs. Because the problem with those two particular games is definitely fixed now.

However it's probably a good idea to leave this thread open just in the event if any further games with incorrect IDs are discovered, so they too can be handled on a case-by-case basis.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here