LMAO at all the people who don't bother reading. Also LMAO at all the people with like only 1 or 2 posts trash-talking Newgrounds.
For the people who are so dense, Newgrounds did not "take down Geometry Dash". So you can stop being mad at Newgrounds for that. If you want to blame anyone for taking Geometry Dash down, blame Robtop, the creator of Geometry Dash. He chose to take it down. Also blame those in your own community who chose to abuse the system.
Also lol at all this crybaby stuff. Boohoohoo the world is ending because some change happened in some game you liked to play. Grow up. Also somehow Newgrounds is "going down"? And somehow people will stop using Newgrounds because of this? Just how delusional are some of you anyway? The amount of people who will stop using Newgrounds because of this is small and, frankly, good riddance if such immature crybabies choose to leave.
And to recap for some people who for some reason just don't "get" stuff...
- You can still make a Newgrounds account and use such account normally.
- You can still get into the audio portal via the normal means (scouting).
- Your music definitely won't be featured in Geometry Dash if you choose for it not to be featured (via checkbox).
- Going forward, your music probably won't be featured in Geometry Dash unless Robtop himself takes interest and manually adds you to his whitelist, and you're scouted, and you've given permission.
- Existing scouted accounts prior to all this will be grandfathered in and still be allowed to be used in Geometry Dash, if those account-holders desire, and haven't disabled this via the checkbox.
And some of you really need to learn how to use forums, geeze. They've only been around for years and all work very similarly. And if for some reason you're a complete newbie to the Internet, there are always FAQs you can read. All the whining and not knowing how to use basic stuff that's been around forever makes me think some of you are 12.