• 196 Replies
Respond to this Topic
shawshanked
shawshanked
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Animator

Or you could have a request comment box for the player to request song from artists that would be used in Geometry Dash. Once the player is able to have a request accepted, either from a Steam Account or a Newgounds account, then that player will have that song waiting inside their "Newgrounds Accepted Musics/Audio" folder within the game. They will also have a "Permanent GeometryDash Accepted" Label on that artist's page whenever they need to re-download the song.

WasderNoob-MatiasSWA
WasderNoob-MatiasSWA
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-04 20:36:58 Reply

(edit) Worded things better.

Like with people? I think whitelisting people is too similar to the process we have right now, if you replace "whitelist" with "scouting." It would probably be better to just make a list of songs, like they're doing already.

Not what I was going for but whatever.

Cyphiris
Cyphiris
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Melancholy
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-05 01:43:53 Reply

Awesome, I f*cking hate GD players impersonating my favorite artists (I used to be one of them, until i realized I got banned by NekoMika for uploading a song I didn't work hard on xD).

JoloOple
JoloOple
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-05 10:44:14 Reply

Well, Why do people keep making MORE COPYRIGHT Songs that they think its own. Yeah, That is true. It has to updated newgrouds but. They tried to removed Geometry Dash on every app store... Like google play. or steam. Well. I hate that if people keep making Copyrighted songs.

Boffis123
Boffis123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-05 15:16:07 Reply

Well, there goes my 6 month dream of having Schmutz06s songs in GD. His songs could have gotten very famous among GD players and many amazing levels could have been done with his songs.

http://schmutz06.newgrounds.com/

But Im happy to see a change that should keep fake posters away, hopefully there wont be too many fake Death Moon posters anymore now that this whitelist is here and also that the real SoundHolicK has had Death Moon on NG for almost a year now.

HiroSins
HiroSins
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-05 15:28:14 Reply

Thank god NewGrounds finally CALMED DOWN! last thing i saw (on latest news) NewGrounds was acting, honestly, a bit arrogant and stupid saying they would delete geometry dash. But it looks like they have a better solution! :D (btw, I REALLY wanted to make my OWN song for GD, but oh well, thats the only thing I hate about this :( )
Oh, and one more thing:

DONT EVER FCKING TAKE DOWN GEOMETRY DASH BECAUSE OF SONGS!! i mean, c'mon, BE SMARTER THAN THAT! ABSOLUTELY NOBODY WANTS TO GO ON A SITE THAT BANNED AND DELETED A GAME BECAUSE OF SONGS!!

HiroSins
HiroSins
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-05 15:32:58 Reply

:They tried to removed Geometry Dash on every app store.

This is why I am, to be honest, DISAPPOINTED IN NEWGROUNDS! They try to take down one of THE most popular games just for the fucking sake of their songs, possibly destroying HUNDREDS of players' Youtube careers (AND Robtop's income money (Thx a lot Newgrounds, destroying Robtop's FCKING LIFE because you dont want people to use songs they didnt make (I've heard that excuse a THOUSAND too many times) in GD. GOOD JOB, NG!!!))

NeonSpider
NeonSpider
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-05 18:19:16 Reply

LMAO at all the people who don't bother reading. Also LMAO at all the people with like only 1 or 2 posts trash-talking Newgrounds.

For the people who are so dense, Newgrounds did not "take down Geometry Dash". So you can stop being mad at Newgrounds for that. If you want to blame anyone for taking Geometry Dash down, blame Robtop, the creator of Geometry Dash. He chose to take it down. Also blame those in your own community who chose to abuse the system.

Also lol at all this crybaby stuff. Boohoohoo the world is ending because some change happened in some game you liked to play. Grow up. Also somehow Newgrounds is "going down"? And somehow people will stop using Newgrounds because of this? Just how delusional are some of you anyway? The amount of people who will stop using Newgrounds because of this is small and, frankly, good riddance if such immature crybabies choose to leave.

--------------

And to recap for some people who for some reason just don't "get" stuff...

- You can still make a Newgrounds account and use such account normally.
- You can still get into the audio portal via the normal means (scouting).
- Your music definitely won't be featured in Geometry Dash if you choose for it not to be featured (via checkbox).
- Going forward, your music probably won't be featured in Geometry Dash unless Robtop himself takes interest and manually adds you to his whitelist, and you're scouted, and you've given permission.
- Existing scouted accounts prior to all this will be grandfathered in and still be allowed to be used in Geometry Dash, if those account-holders desire, and haven't disabled this via the checkbox.

And some of you really need to learn how to use forums, geeze. They've only been around for years and all work very similarly. And if for some reason you're a complete newbie to the Internet, there are always FAQs you can read. All the whining and not knowing how to use basic stuff that's been around forever makes me think some of you are 12.

DelTale
DelTale
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate

So how can you get "Verified"?
Is it a certain amount of followers or views?

NeonSpider
NeonSpider
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-05 20:28:44 Reply

At 2/5/17 07:53 PM, DelTale wrote: So how can you get "Verified"?

I doubt it has to do with followers or views, but that is an excellent question.

NekoMika
NekoMika
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Musician
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-05 21:23:29 Reply

At 2/5/17 08:28 PM, NeonSpider wrote:
At 2/5/17 07:53 PM, DelTale wrote: So how can you get "Verified"?
I doubt it has to do with followers or views, but that is an excellent question.

Quoting Tom's opening post here:

"On RobTop's end, Geometry Dash is introducing a whitelist of approved artists. This includes all artists currently in use, as well as any new artists added manually by RobTop. This means you can no longer create an NG account, upload a song, get scouted and use your song in Geometry Dash. Instead, popular, verified artists may be granted the opportunity over time. There is no one you can ask on NG who can add you to that list.

So in short, if the artist is highly demanded by many people in the GD community and verified as legit then RobTop may choose to add new artists as he sees fit. Hope that answers your question.

Request Reviews // #8 Reviewer // #2 Audio Reviewer
Audio / Review Moderator - PM with problems or questions

BBS Signature
NeonSpider
NeonSpider
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-05 22:26:32 Reply

At 2/5/17 09:23 PM, NekoMika wrote: Hope that answers your question.

That doesn't answer how to get verified though, which is the question that @DelTale asked.

True, any amount of popularity doesn't hurt in any case, but if the requirement is "popular, verified artists", then how does one become a "verified artist" I think is what DelTale was asking.

I know on most websites which have verification, it's an entire process where people have to prove who they say they are, and possibly even sign legally-binding documents before they're allowed to be verified. In some cases there are even physical locations one must go to for the verification process, although I doubt that's the case here.

So I don't think it's answering the key question which was asked.

ShroomyGD
ShroomyGD
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-05 23:16:23 Reply

maybe you could just make it so you have to send an example of your work to the moderators in order to post more music?

YomToxic
YomToxic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Game Developer

At 2/5/17 03:32 PM, HiroSins wrote:
They tried to removed Geometry Dash on every app store.

The GD community attacked us first - by flooding the audio portal with stolen music in a way that would definitely cause severe problems with copyright violations. We merely responded in a way that would ease the burden on our people, AND get RobTop's attention.

And we did so by getting word out on what the GD community was doing - the end result being a temporary removal of Geometry Dash on every app store while RobTop worked on a solution as he should have when the first reports were sent to him.

Do you feel powerful? Do you feel in charge?

Your community attacked and endangered our site for your own selfish needs - it's only natural that we will retaliate with such force that they'll think Satan himself took a shit on them. Did your cancerous community ever think about RobTop's profit line or what would happen to innocent, actual artists on both newgrounds and youtube when you people were uploading stolen music to the portal?

No, you did not.

So, stop whining. The GD community brought this upon themselves.

DJ-FoxRush
DJ-FoxRush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Audiophile

Do you plan on adding a little section under the terms of use on the left? To show if the song in question is allowed in GD or not from the get-go instead of the GD user attempting to download it and getting a No? It might be asking for too much but it would definitely be more straight-forward, right?

Edit: When I mentioned the "on the left" part I meant the Licensing Terms section.

SRPGShadow
SRPGShadow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Programmer
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-06 07:58:08 Reply

oh my god, thank god both of you put a system in place to end this annoying drama, people are getting pissed at NG for no reason and i don't think it's ok. But now it should go down a bit.

Skiddle
Skiddle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-06 16:22:03 Reply

I work so much making my songs, and when I got scouted, I was really excited about using my songs...since I'm not popular, & probably never will be, I am extremely pissed at this. It figures, though, since everything I do is pointless. Why am I still living... ~S~

ChaelMusic
ChaelMusic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-06 17:13:34 Reply

Well done.

We will ultimately introduce a universal rights management form, so that audio artists can manage their Creative Commons licensing, Download and API permissions in one place and deploy the changes across all of their projects with one click.
ChaelMusic
ChaelMusic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-06 17:28:19 Reply

At 2/5/17 11:16 PM, ShroomyGD wrote: maybe you could just make it so you have to send an example of your work to the moderators in order to post more music?

An mp3 is not enough if the work was stolen from a growing artist (especially if the artist is outside of NG).

It has to be really secure. Maybe if there was a proper way to "show your work" like in a math class, this idea could work. Photos or videos displaying your project and an explanation of your process would help in that case.

There are many ideas which could be implemented. I am just unsure what consequences each solution could bring. I think the current situation is the best it is going to get for now, even though some are still upset.

With that being said, this article shows that NG has finally achieved something huge since the 1.9 update of GD. Players will still be able to use a selection of songs and the verification idea sounds promising.

Theawesomemario
Theawesomemario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-06 20:29:52 Reply

At 2/1/17 03:05 PM, NekoMika wrote: A lovely update~
mew mew

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) this is insane

Geometry Dash Drama & Updates

EwanGreen4
EwanGreen4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-06 22:03:58 Reply

At 2/1/17 03:49 PM, gdalkali wrote: Being a GD player and song user myself I completely agree with this, and in fact, I think this should have been implemented sooner, but hey-ho. Good to see someone make a change to the whole "I'm going to pretend I'm this artist and upload my favourite dubstep song to Newgrounds" issue.

I know, right?! The game is so fun but the people that play it and the way they act about it is so burdening.
My, my how I understand this commotion, and I realize how cancerous it is. Now I'm not much to speak, because I uploaded a 'remix' of Clubstep by Dj-Nate (really just pitch darkening and slowing). I was a degraded rat at the time, and I was crying because I didn't know how the audio portal worked. Another really dopey thing I did was upload a song raw from the download, called Checkpoint by Nitro Fun and Hyper Potions. Silly me. All I have to say is sorry (to Tom and everybody else who had to deal with the GD problem) and that I totally agree with you guys.

EwanGreen4
EwanGreen4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-06 22:05:04 Reply

At 2/6/17 05:13 PM, ChaelMusic wrote: Well done.

We will ultimately introduce a universal rights management form, so that audio artists can manage their Creative Commons licensing, Download and API permissions in one place and deploy the changes across all of their projects with one click.

I like ur songs chael

8bitoscar
8bitoscar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-07 02:55:04 Reply

I am considering becoming an actual artist, but if it's so hard to get my song to use in GD than I don't really want too. Is it going to be EXTREMELY HARD to get noticed?, because all I want to do is create a half decent song to use for a level.

FGC0000
FGC0000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Animator
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-07 06:15:56 Reply

At 2/1/17 03:28 PM, HellFlameYT666 wrote: all the drama is ****ing retarded

Well that's rude.

ChaelMusic
ChaelMusic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-07 07:03:02 Reply

<3 Thanks. More stuff will come with time.

At 2/6/17 10:05 PM, EwanGreen4 wrote:
I like ur songs chael
N-aroX69
N-aroX69
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer

I make my own songs...
So how am i supposed to get my oriiginal songs to GD if getting scouted wont help anymore?

Please reply or personal message me as soon as you are available to

algorev
algorev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Game Developer
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-07 11:17:02 Reply

On @RobTop's end, Geometry Dash is introducing a whitelist of approved artists. This includes all artists currently in use, as well as any new artists added manually by RobTop. This means you can no longer create an NG account, upload a song, get scouted and use your song in Geometry Dash. Instead, popular, verified artists may be granted the opportunity over time. There is no one you can ask on NG who can add you to that list.
You can no longer create an NG account, upload a song, get scouted and use your song in Geometry Dash.

Geometry Dash made Newgrounds again, but this was a curse as much as it was a blessing. People like me discovered newgrounds music, but this also triggered a lot of reuploads. The situation became untenable. This was to be expected, but will the scouting for download protection be removed?

troPSDNUORGWEN
troPSDNUORGWEN
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Audiophile
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-07 11:30:19 Reply

The only problem is when a legit artist doesnt get noticed. Perhaps people could make recommendations to RobTop, and if the person that recommends them stolen music, both people get a ban? Idk how this will really go, I don't really want to read all the long messages

Lard is pig fat

Gemstone208
Gemstone208
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-07 14:43:39 Reply

I know i'm being buggy but can you check my song? It is original. I created it with Soundation(read rest in description of song):

• SuperSpeed
    SuperSpeed by Gemstone208

Cool Song I made for fun

Score
    5.00 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Drum N Bass
    Popularity

iSagittarius
iSagittarius
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-07 16:07:17 Reply

This is all true what you said and the API was a great idea but could there have been a possibility to put some sort of a "checker" for the song uploads what listens the song and recognizes it if it's a shameless artwork robbery (like comparing to the songs in Youtube or in here NG etc. ). Just thinking and also in the songs you could put some sort of an download or audio portable link ban if it's copyrighted and not given for a free use. I hope I explained this clearly enough XD