Respond to this Topic
fearlessDreamer
fearlessDreamer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-02 19:27:54 Reply

That's it. I fucking give up on Geometry Dash.

my name is michael miller.

WasderNoob-MatiasSWA
WasderNoob-MatiasSWA
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-02 19:47:13 Reply

Can you make a list of people on the whitelist and change it every time RobTop approves of someone?

Oddlem
Oddlem
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Melancholy

At 2/2/17 07:47 PM, WasderNoob-MatiasSWA wrote: Can you make a list of people on the whitelist and change it every time RobTop approves of someone?

(edit) Worded things better.
Like with people? I think whitelisting people is too similar to the process we have right now, if you replace "whitelist" with "scouting." It would probably be better to just make a list of songs, like they're doing already.

Jin
Jin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 58
Blank Slate
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-02 20:16:34 Reply

Impressive work getting this resolved so quickly!

BBS Signature
splicage
splicage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-02 20:38:44 Reply

boner inducing, yes

TeraVex
TeraVex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-02 23:38:37 Reply

LOVE this update. THANK YOU!!

LegnaZeg
LegnaZeg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-02 23:55:25 Reply

newbie in this, don't know what Geometry Dash is, well, it's a game cause i read the e-mail i received from newgrounds! :D, so right now imma google it, i ve read it and well, cool update :D

best!

Legna Zeg

StaticSkull
StaticSkull
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Animator
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-03 00:44:18 Reply

I'm glad you're finding ways to fix it...

shinichiizumi95
shinichiizumi95
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-03 01:11:42 Reply

At 2/1/17 03:17 PM, Blobzone wrote: Basically considering the same topic: When i take songs from NG to be in my games. How can i be sure
that the song is original? I mean i dont know every piece of art out there.

I think Shazam would almost completely solve this issue

Coolasp1e
Coolasp1e
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-03 02:09:31 Reply

Im actually happy for thiz, thanks Tom!

So one quick question: are you saying that only the popular artists here will be used (if they had not checked off the GD api thing) and not lower artists (like me) or is it just a time thing?

TheB34R
TheB34R
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-03 05:39:39 Reply

Those damn kids who thnik they can get away with copying other people's music. Like really, come on people we are a lot better than that.

JustAPunnyGuy
JustAPunnyGuy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-03 11:51:52 Reply

The goddamn drama is real bro, but I'm glad to see that you've solved the problem now

StrictShift
StrictShift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-03 13:53:33 Reply

At 2/2/17 02:09 PM, Jimbob347 wrote: So does this mean that I can't use a song that I make in my GD levels?

you need to be approved by Robtop, on Rob's artist whitelist so you can use your songs in gd. It might take a while to be whitelisted but that's only if your music is 100% Original or inspired just not a carbon copy of another song.

carbonlad
carbonlad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-03 14:08:03 Reply

>Summary for Geometry Dash Users Specifically
>You can no longer create an NG account, upload a song, get scouted and use your song in Geometry Dash.
>Existing artists are still ok to use. Moving forward, only the occasional popular & verified artist will be added to the mix.
>Please do not upload music you did not create to Newgrounds. There is no one here who can help you get it into GD.

owned

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 57
Writer
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-03 17:10:18 Reply

At 2/3/17 02:09 AM, Coolasp1e wrote: So one quick question: are you saying that only the popular artists here will be used (if they had not checked off the GD api thing) and not lower artists (like me) or is it just a time thing?

It's a sign-up date thing, as far as I understand it. If you've already made music used in GD, you're probably on the whitelist. If you haven't it's all up to luck and popularity now.

epicdanny11
epicdanny11
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-03 20:19:44 Reply

Well, I guess my music's never gonna make it into GD...

GDMrMeow
GDMrMeow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-03 21:04:30 Reply

I agree with everything here but one small thing: the verification process.

I am a GD player more than a Newgrounds user, and so I can tell that hearing the same overused songs over and over and over and over and over again is pretty annoying. So if only the popular artists are able to get their music to GD, that would mean having even less unknown yet great songs that we would be able to use. I think that a song that's unknown is always fun to listen to and to play/create to.

So I'm asking you if you would take the time to look at more unknown artists and verify them aswell. (Here's an idea: look through the "scouted" people list (if there is one lol) and check if they are good enough to get verified)

Sorry for any mistakes, but I have an excuse: I'm French

ChoonieMoonie2002
ChoonieMoonie2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Melancholy
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-03 21:07:48 Reply

Hi, I'm ChoonieLaster, writer of the Boom novel. I also made my post about this situation, and it's not the composers' fault. It's their own fault, and recently, my solution is just getting started on being a viral thing.
But at the same time, this is a good tool for people who seriously want to use the track (but as long as they didn't steal it), even though I'm not yet scouted.

EDM364
EDM364
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Musician
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-03 22:13:03 Reply

At 2/1/17 03:01 PM, TomFulp wrote: Summary for Geometry Dash Users Specifically

You can no longer create an NG account, upload a song, get scouted and use your song in Geometry Dash.

Existing artists are still ok to use. Moving forward, only the occasional popular & verified artist will be added to the mix.

Please do not upload music you did not create to Newgrounds. There is no one here who can help you get it into GD.

When these changes roll out, I think we need to update that GD banner. ;) Could always translate it into Spanish between @LexaHergon and/or myself, and perhaps code that Spanish to display for those in Spanish-speaking majority countries. GD is huge in South America.

Very pleased with the update. Should have been much sooner, but hopefully should make my Audio Flagging Guide virtually obsolete, as well as some of my other GD abuse related guides. Now all we'll have to worry about is people uploading stuff to try and hack around the API fixes on older scouted accounts and/or not getting with the program because they don't read. Either way, now the artists are no longer being taken for a ride, GD theft is going to be nigh impossible; things can start returning to normal -- plus a couple more awesome features.

The simplest solution is either right, or dumb af.
AP Flag HowTo - VSTs! - Sig by LexaHergon

BBS Signature
TheDrawer234
TheDrawer234
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-03 22:31:36 Reply

You ruined the Geometry Dash community Newgrounds. Everyone hates you for what you did. Now we want it back. SO ITS NOW OR NEVER... People will stop using newgrounds because they dont have gd for their songs. Newgrounds will lose all hope, and will be done for, bare as crap. So bring it back.

Doctor933brains
Doctor933brains
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-04 00:02:09 Reply

At 2/3/17 10:31 PM, TheDrawer234 wrote: You ruined the Geometry Dash community Newgrounds. Everyone hates you for what you did. Now we want it back. SO ITS NOW OR NEVER... People will stop using newgrounds because they dont have gd for their songs. Newgrounds will lose all hope, and will be done for, bare as crap. So bring it back.

Hate to break it to you pal, but that couldn't be farther from the truth. Heck, some of the GD community have volunteered part of their time to help keep the audio portal clean. So if anything, it's actually strengthed the ties that bind. Newgrounds will continue to flourish, just as your community will.

Welcome back to the land of the living. Here's what you've missed

BBS Signature
RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Musician
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-04 04:57:47 Reply

@TopFulp

• Talking Real - Geometry Dash Situation (S2E4)
    Talking Real - Geometry Dash Situation (S2E4) by RealFaction

Your guide to the Geometry Dash/Newgrounds Situation.

Score
    4.52 / 5.00
    Type
    Podcast
    Genre
    Discussion
    Popularity

My rundown of the situation, clearing things up for any GD users who might be confused about some things.

RealToxic
RealToxic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate

I was making music for this game... i-i, i always was very happy when someone used my song in his level... but now... nobody can use it... even me.

But uh... i understand, that it was annoying when someone uploaded song that he didn't make to newgrounds.

Geometry Dash Drama & Updates

DefectiveFork
DefectiveFork
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-04 11:02:21 Reply

Well, there goes my hope of getting noticed... RIP... ),:

I doubt Robtop would even care if he stumbled across my account.

XenoMorphGD
XenoMorphGD
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-04 11:34:45 Reply

Well, let's just say that Steam removed GD from the store, and Google and Apple wants to do the same thing. But, WHY? Only for this sh*t?! Literally, I just would like to contact NewGrounds and say that this all is sh*t. They can't ban a game only becouse the players of GD used the NG songs. We need to do something, a such great game can't be banned for a stupid thing like this. And, all the people that support NG and not GD, well let's just say you probably have never played GD and don't even know what a great community it has. Now people only thinks "GD is a rage game". Why? Becouse people HAVEN'T PLAYED THE GAME, AND HEARED FROM SOMEONE ELSE THAT IT'S A RAGE GAME. You even rage at Stereo Madness? What the fu*k? Why won't you TRY the game first instead of saying sh*t about it. The game has now the biggest update that's the 2.1, and you banned the game? Are you fuc*ing dumb? Why banning a game only for this sh*t?! Well, I think you get it. GD is a great game, try it before judging. NG has no reason to ban this game.

Doctor933brains
Doctor933brains
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-04 11:39:37 Reply

At 2/4/17 11:34 AM, XenoMorphGD wrote: Are you fuc*ing dumb? Why banning a game only for this sh*t?! Well, I NG has no reason to ban this game.

-
Would you feel better if I told you that the steam version of GD will be back? And that the ban itself is not permanent.

Welcome back to the land of the living. Here's what you've missed

BBS Signature
TheNGVirus
TheNGVirus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-04 13:22:50 Reply

I really hope this takes care of things!

BBS Signature
DaCTANinja
DaCTANinja
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-04 13:54:32 Reply

Wait, does that mean that the people who make faker news that buzzfeed will finally stop hating and trying to get geometry dash to be banned as a game fully for a damn music system that you amazingly fixed? COUGH COUGH "Annette Signh"COUGH COUGH

Zhrayle
Zhrayle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-04 18:25:52 Reply

Dammit, I've been honing my production skills in hopes of being able to upload one of my songs and use it in GD but I guess I can't do that now HAH. Props to the NG team for giving artists more control over their content, though. The GD whitelisting system does sound like a pain in the ass, but that's on Rob, not Newgrounds. It's a shame it had to come to this, but it only takes a few asshats to ruin it for everyone else... :/

shawshanked
shawshanked
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Animator
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-04 18:38:31 Reply

You can always try a search engine approach to this. Just like how you search up music here on Newgrounds you can have that allowed on Geometry Dash. There could be an Internet connection to the Newgrounds website, players can search artists, if it has an original Newgrounds label on it, then they can pick from it. If the song isn't original content from artists, then players are asked to choose something else.