00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MatthieuxDancingDead just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Geometry Dash Drama & Updates

81,804 Views | 186 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-03 13:53:33

At 2/2/17 02:09 PM, Jimbob347 wrote: So does this mean that I can't use a song that I make in my GD levels?

you need to be approved by Robtop, on Rob's artist whitelist so you can use your songs in gd. It might take a while to be whitelisted but that's only if your music is 100% Original or inspired just not a carbon copy of another song.

Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-03 14:08:03

>Summary for Geometry Dash Users Specifically
>You can no longer create an NG account, upload a song, get scouted and use your song in Geometry Dash.
>Existing artists are still ok to use. Moving forward, only the occasional popular & verified artist will be added to the mix.
>Please do not upload music you did not create to Newgrounds. There is no one here who can help you get it into GD.

owned

BBS Signature

Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-03 17:10:18

At 2/3/17 02:09 AM, Coolasp1e wrote: So one quick question: are you saying that only the popular artists here will be used (if they had not checked off the GD api thing) and not lower artists (like me) or is it just a time thing?

It's a sign-up date thing, as far as I understand it. If you've already made music used in GD, you're probably on the whitelist. If you haven't it's all up to luck and popularity now.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-03 20:19:44

Well, I guess my music's never gonna make it into GD...

Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-03 21:04:30

I agree with everything here but one small thing: the verification process.

I am a GD player more than a Newgrounds user, and so I can tell that hearing the same overused songs over and over and over and over and over again is pretty annoying. So if only the popular artists are able to get their music to GD, that would mean having even less unknown yet great songs that we would be able to use. I think that a song that's unknown is always fun to listen to and to play/create to.

So I'm asking you if you would take the time to look at more unknown artists and verify them aswell. (Here's an idea: look through the "scouted" people list (if there is one lol) and check if they are good enough to get verified)

Sorry for any mistakes, but I have an excuse: I'm French

Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-03 22:13:03

At 2/1/17 03:01 PM, TomFulp wrote: Summary for Geometry Dash Users Specifically

You can no longer create an NG account, upload a song, get scouted and use your song in Geometry Dash.

Existing artists are still ok to use. Moving forward, only the occasional popular & verified artist will be added to the mix.

Please do not upload music you did not create to Newgrounds. There is no one here who can help you get it into GD.

When these changes roll out, I think we need to update that GD banner. ;) Could always translate it into Spanish between @LexaHergon and/or myself, and perhaps code that Spanish to display for those in Spanish-speaking majority countries. GD is huge in South America.

Very pleased with the update. Should have been much sooner, but hopefully should make my Audio Flagging Guide virtually obsolete, as well as some of my other GD abuse related guides. Now all we'll have to worry about is people uploading stuff to try and hack around the API fixes on older scouted accounts and/or not getting with the program because they don't read. Either way, now the artists are no longer being taken for a ride, GD theft is going to be nigh impossible; things can start returning to normal -- plus a couple more awesome features.

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-03 22:31:36

You ruined the Geometry Dash community Newgrounds. Everyone hates you for what you did. Now we want it back. SO ITS NOW OR NEVER... People will stop using newgrounds because they dont have gd for their songs. Newgrounds will lose all hope, and will be done for, bare as crap. So bring it back.

Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-04 00:02:09

At 2/3/17 10:31 PM, TheDrawer234 wrote: You ruined the Geometry Dash community Newgrounds. Everyone hates you for what you did. Now we want it back. SO ITS NOW OR NEVER... People will stop using newgrounds because they dont have gd for their songs. Newgrounds will lose all hope, and will be done for, bare as crap. So bring it back.

Hate to break it to you pal, but that couldn't be farther from the truth. Heck, some of the GD community have volunteered part of their time to help keep the audio portal clean. So if anything, it's actually strengthed the ties that bind. Newgrounds will continue to flourish, just as your community will.

BBS Signature

I was making music for this game... i-i, i always was very happy when someone used my song in his level... but now... nobody can use it... even me.

But uh... i understand, that it was annoying when someone uploaded song that he didn't make to newgrounds.

Geometry Dash Drama & Updates

Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-04 11:02:21

Well, there goes my hope of getting noticed... RIP... ),:

I doubt Robtop would even care if he stumbled across my account.

Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-04 11:34:45

Well, let's just say that Steam removed GD from the store, and Google and Apple wants to do the same thing. But, WHY? Only for this sh*t?! Literally, I just would like to contact NewGrounds and say that this all is sh*t. They can't ban a game only becouse the players of GD used the NG songs. We need to do something, a such great game can't be banned for a stupid thing like this. And, all the people that support NG and not GD, well let's just say you probably have never played GD and don't even know what a great community it has. Now people only thinks "GD is a rage game". Why? Becouse people HAVEN'T PLAYED THE GAME, AND HEARED FROM SOMEONE ELSE THAT IT'S A RAGE GAME. You even rage at Stereo Madness? What the fu*k? Why won't you TRY the game first instead of saying sh*t about it. The game has now the biggest update that's the 2.1, and you banned the game? Are you fuc*ing dumb? Why banning a game only for this sh*t?! Well, I think you get it. GD is a great game, try it before judging. NG has no reason to ban this game.

Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-04 11:39:37

At 2/4/17 11:34 AM, XenoMorphGD wrote: Are you fuc*ing dumb? Why banning a game only for this sh*t?! Well, I NG has no reason to ban this game.

-
Would you feel better if I told you that the steam version of GD will be back? And that the ban itself is not permanent.

BBS Signature

Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-04 13:22:50

I really hope this takes care of things!

BBS Signature

Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-04 13:54:32

Wait, does that mean that the people who make faker news that buzzfeed will finally stop hating and trying to get geometry dash to be banned as a game fully for a damn music system that you amazingly fixed? COUGH COUGH "Annette Signh"COUGH COUGH

Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-04 18:25:52

Dammit, I've been honing my production skills in hopes of being able to upload one of my songs and use it in GD but I guess I can't do that now HAH. Props to the NG team for giving artists more control over their content, though. The GD whitelisting system does sound like a pain in the ass, but that's on Rob, not Newgrounds. It's a shame it had to come to this, but it only takes a few asshats to ruin it for everyone else... :/

Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-04 18:38:31

You can always try a search engine approach to this. Just like how you search up music here on Newgrounds you can have that allowed on Geometry Dash. There could be an Internet connection to the Newgrounds website, players can search artists, if it has an original Newgrounds label on it, then they can pick from it. If the song isn't original content from artists, then players are asked to choose something else.

Or you could have a request comment box for the player to request song from artists that would be used in Geometry Dash. Once the player is able to have a request accepted, either from a Steam Account or a Newgounds account, then that player will have that song waiting inside their "Newgrounds Accepted Musics/Audio" folder within the game. They will also have a "Permanent GeometryDash Accepted" Label on that artist's page whenever they need to re-download the song.

Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-04 20:36:58

(edit) Worded things better.

Like with people? I think whitelisting people is too similar to the process we have right now, if you replace "whitelist" with "scouting." It would probably be better to just make a list of songs, like they're doing already.

Not what I was going for but whatever.

Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-05 01:43:53

Awesome, I f*cking hate GD players impersonating my favorite artists (I used to be one of them, until i realized I got banned by NekoMika for uploading a song I didn't work hard on xD).

Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-05 10:44:14

Well, Why do people keep making MORE COPYRIGHT Songs that they think its own. Yeah, That is true. It has to updated newgrouds but. They tried to removed Geometry Dash on every app store... Like google play. or steam. Well. I hate that if people keep making Copyrighted songs.

i am broke and cannot change my username neither

Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-05 15:16:07

Well, there goes my 6 month dream of having Schmutz06s songs in GD. His songs could have gotten very famous among GD players and many amazing levels could have been done with his songs.

http://schmutz06.newgrounds.com/

But Im happy to see a change that should keep fake posters away, hopefully there wont be too many fake Death Moon posters anymore now that this whitelist is here and also that the real SoundHolicK has had Death Moon on NG for almost a year now.

Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-05 15:28:14

Thank god NewGrounds finally CALMED DOWN! last thing i saw (on latest news) NewGrounds was acting, honestly, a bit arrogant and stupid saying they would delete geometry dash. But it looks like they have a better solution! :D (btw, I REALLY wanted to make my OWN song for GD, but oh well, thats the only thing I hate about this :( )
Oh, and one more thing:

DONT EVER FCKING TAKE DOWN GEOMETRY DASH BECAUSE OF SONGS!! i mean, c'mon, BE SMARTER THAN THAT! ABSOLUTELY NOBODY WANTS TO GO ON A SITE THAT BANNED AND DELETED A GAME BECAUSE OF SONGS!!

Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-05 15:32:58

:They tried to removed Geometry Dash on every app store.

This is why I am, to be honest, DISAPPOINTED IN NEWGROUNDS! They try to take down one of THE most popular games just for the fucking sake of their songs, possibly destroying HUNDREDS of players' Youtube careers (AND Robtop's income money (Thx a lot Newgrounds, destroying Robtop's FCKING LIFE because you dont want people to use songs they didnt make (I've heard that excuse a THOUSAND too many times) in GD. GOOD JOB, NG!!!))

Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-05 18:19:16

LMAO at all the people who don't bother reading. Also LMAO at all the people with like only 1 or 2 posts trash-talking Newgrounds.

For the people who are so dense, Newgrounds did not "take down Geometry Dash". So you can stop being mad at Newgrounds for that. If you want to blame anyone for taking Geometry Dash down, blame Robtop, the creator of Geometry Dash. He chose to take it down. Also blame those in your own community who chose to abuse the system.

Also lol at all this crybaby stuff. Boohoohoo the world is ending because some change happened in some game you liked to play. Grow up. Also somehow Newgrounds is "going down"? And somehow people will stop using Newgrounds because of this? Just how delusional are some of you anyway? The amount of people who will stop using Newgrounds because of this is small and, frankly, good riddance if such immature crybabies choose to leave.

--------------

And to recap for some people who for some reason just don't "get" stuff...

- You can still make a Newgrounds account and use such account normally.
- You can still get into the audio portal via the normal means (scouting).
- Your music definitely won't be featured in Geometry Dash if you choose for it not to be featured (via checkbox).
- Going forward, your music probably won't be featured in Geometry Dash unless Robtop himself takes interest and manually adds you to his whitelist, and you're scouted, and you've given permission.
- Existing scouted accounts prior to all this will be grandfathered in and still be allowed to be used in Geometry Dash, if those account-holders desire, and haven't disabled this via the checkbox.

And some of you really need to learn how to use forums, geeze. They've only been around for years and all work very similarly. And if for some reason you're a complete newbie to the Internet, there are always FAQs you can read. All the whining and not knowing how to use basic stuff that's been around forever makes me think some of you are 12.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

So how can you get "Verified"?
Is it a certain amount of followers or views?

Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-05 20:28:44

At 2/5/17 07:53 PM, DelTale wrote: So how can you get "Verified"?
Is it a certain amount of followers or views?

I doubt it has to do with followers or views, but that is an excellent question.

Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-05 22:26:32

At 2/5/17 09:23 PM, NekoMika wrote: Hope that answers your question.

That doesn't answer how to get verified though, which is the question that @DelTale asked.

True, any amount of popularity doesn't hurt in any case, but if the requirement is "popular, verified artists", then how does one become a "verified artist" I think is what DelTale was asking.

I know on most websites which have verification, it's an entire process where people have to prove who they say they are, and possibly even sign legally-binding documents before they're allowed to be verified. In some cases there are even physical locations one must go to for the verification process, although I doubt that's the case here.

So I don't think it's answering the key question which was asked.

Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-05 23:16:23

maybe you could just make it so you have to send an example of your work to the moderators in order to post more music?

At 2/5/17 03:32 PM, HiroSins wrote:
They tried to removed Geometry Dash on every app store.

The GD community attacked us first - by flooding the audio portal with stolen music in a way that would definitely cause severe problems with copyright violations. We merely responded in a way that would ease the burden on our people, AND get RobTop's attention.

And we did so by getting word out on what the GD community was doing - the end result being a temporary removal of Geometry Dash on every app store while RobTop worked on a solution as he should have when the first reports were sent to him.

Do you feel powerful? Do you feel in charge?

Your community attacked and endangered our site for your own selfish needs - it's only natural that we will retaliate with such force that they'll think Satan himself took a shit on them. Did your cancerous community ever think about RobTop's profit line or what would happen to innocent, actual artists on both newgrounds and youtube when you people were uploading stolen music to the portal?

No, you did not.

So, stop whining. The GD community brought this upon themselves.

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

BBS Signature

Do you plan on adding a little section under the terms of use on the left? To show if the song in question is allowed in GD or not from the get-go instead of the GD user attempting to download it and getting a No? It might be asking for too much but it would definitely be more straight-forward, right?

Edit: When I mentioned the "on the left" part I meant the Licensing Terms section.