00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MutantZulu81241 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Geometry Dash Drama & Updates

81,646 Views | 186 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-02 11:08:38

At 2/1/17 03:01 PM, TomFulp wrote: So where to begin...

Thanks Tom for the clear and easy to understand summary. For someone like me who does not know GD it was hard to depict what actually was the problem. Hope, this fixes the stolen-content-upload-debacle in the near future!

BBS Signature

At 2/2/17 10:11 AM, Steve28 wrote: Um...I'm bad at English so I can't understand everything, does this means I have to be a supporter if I want to allow people use my music in geometry dash? I guess that checkboxes are only for supporters...

nope, only approved artists up to the point that GD was removed, and the whitelist change implemented. this means neither supporter or user could not use their music for GD that signed up AFTER GD was pulled, and submitting music then .

Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-02 11:53:08

Hey, at least you guys found a good solution for everybody!

hi

Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-02 12:33:34

Oh this IS exciting! Where the hell am I?

Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-02 13:38:15

Sounds like the situation was handled as well as it could be.

BBS Signature

Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-02 14:07:11

What?! GD is gone from Steam? Noooo!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-02 14:09:40

So does this mean that I can't use a song that I make in my GD levels?

Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-02 15:12:01

I Like really like the new update of the Audio Portal :D

At 2/2/17 02:09 PM, Jimbob347 wrote: So does this mean that I can't use a song that I make in my GD levels?

The site admin said:

Up until this week that was doable and totally fine. However due to the amount of people who didn't follow the rules, the chances of getting your own original music into GD is now gonna be pretty slim.

So no, seeing as your account was created today, unfortunately you didn't make the deadline :(

BBS Signature

Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-02 15:53:07

Ayy we did it!

Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-02 16:12:21

I like this move! Personally, I always appreciate when one of my songs is used in Geometry Dash, but I know of plenty of people on this site who would rather never be featured in the game. Thanks for taking the steps to counteract the problem without being rid of Newgrounds audio support for Geometry Dash altogether.

I agree to the measure Robtop and NG took. ''Empathically'', I realize the discontent many artists must have, so it was time to find a solution to this problem.
But I have one question, which is: in the part that Tom Fulp says ''You can no longer create an NG account, upload a song, get scouted and use your song in Geometry Dash.'', it means litteraly I can't directly create an account? Or means that I can't just use a song in Geometry Dash?
P.D.: I'm spanish speaker, so maybe I just couldn't understand the concept and my question would have been unintelligible and a mistake on my part.
Thanks for reading, greetings! ┴┬┴┤( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬

Putting the "pro" in procrastination since 2000.

BBS Signature

Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-02 16:39:52

At 2/2/17 04:30 PM, GiaanRG2000 wrote: I agree to the measure Robtop and NG took. ''Empathically'', I realize the discontent many artists must have, so it was time to find a solution to this problem.
But I have one question, which is: in the part that Tom Fulp says ''You can no longer create an NG account, upload a song, get scouted and use your song in Geometry Dash.'', it means litteraly I can't directly create an account? Or means that I can't just use a song in Geometry Dash?
P.D.: I'm spanish speaker, so maybe I just couldn't understand the concept and my question would have been unintelligible and a mistake on my part.
Thanks for reading, greetings! ┴┬┴┤( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬

It's good to know when certain sentence structures might not translate well - it means you can still create an account and get scouted, but that won't be enough to have your song used in Geometry Dash.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

What the hell. The whole reason I even started making songs was for Geometry Dash, and I get scouted a few days after this comes out? Now because I'm not popular yet, I can't use my own songs? Look, I'm not stealing anything- Everything I have uploaded is original. This doesn't seem like a good solution, because people like me who missed the chance by a DAY and who also worked to have songs in Geometry Dash get screwed over. There has to be a better fix than this.

one positive about being an annoying child who didnt know what they were doing and who got internet access way too early is that you can explicitly know what NOT to do

What the hell. The whole reason I even started making songs was for Geometry Dash, and I get scouted a few days after this comes out? Now because I'm not popular yet, I can't use my own songs? Look, I'm not stealing anything- Everything I have uploaded is original. This doesn't seem like a good solution, because people like me who missed the chance by a DAY and who also worked to have songs in Geometry Dash get screwed over. There has to be a better fix than this. Okay, I know I sound like a little kid, but I think that this is puling a Youtube move to try and screw new users from getting anywhere in games LIKE geometry Dash. (Sorry, I needed to double-edit so this is posted twice.

one positive about being an annoying child who didnt know what they were doing and who got internet access way too early is that you can explicitly know what NOT to do

Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-02 18:55:39

Im glad this got sorted out in the end, all of the drama was so unnecessary.

Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-02 19:03:58

aw man
I was hoping on being able to use a song that I made in a level
but nobody knows who I am
RobTop would never consider me

Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-02 19:06:59

About damn time lol

Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-02 19:27:54

That's it. I fucking give up on Geometry Dash.

my name is michael miller.

Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-02 19:47:13

Can you make a list of people on the whitelist and change it every time RobTop approves of someone?

At 2/2/17 07:47 PM, WasderNoob-MatiasSWA wrote: Can you make a list of people on the whitelist and change it every time RobTop approves of someone?

(edit) Worded things better.
Like with people? I think whitelisting people is too similar to the process we have right now, if you replace "whitelist" with "scouting." It would probably be better to just make a list of songs, like they're doing already.

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-02 20:16:34

Impressive work getting this resolved so quickly!

This post is generated by human intelligence (or lack thereof).

Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-02 20:38:44

boner inducing, yes

Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-02 23:38:37

LOVE this update. THANK YOU!!

Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-02 23:55:25

newbie in this, don't know what Geometry Dash is, well, it's a game cause i read the e-mail i received from newgrounds! :D, so right now imma google it, i ve read it and well, cool update :D

best!

Legna Zeg

Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-03 00:44:18

I'm glad you're finding ways to fix it...

Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-03 01:11:42

At 2/1/17 03:17 PM, Blobzone wrote: Basically considering the same topic: When i take songs from NG to be in my games. How can i be sure
that the song is original? I mean i dont know every piece of art out there.

I think Shazam would almost completely solve this issue

Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-03 02:09:31

Im actually happy for thiz, thanks Tom!

So one quick question: are you saying that only the popular artists here will be used (if they had not checked off the GD api thing) and not lower artists (like me) or is it just a time thing?

Talk about low budget music! No professional MIDI keyboards or high-quality speakers? I'm outta here!

Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-03 05:39:39

Those damn kids who thnik they can get away with copying other people's music. Like really, come on people we are a lot better than that.

Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-03 11:51:52

The goddamn drama is real bro, but I'm glad to see that you've solved the problem now

Wait a minute.