00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RIOTxANON06 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Zeeky's Art Thread, Homies!

480 Views | 11 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Zeeky's Art Thread, Homies! 2017-02-01 12:56:52

Hey there, y'all! I've taken up drawing stuff digitally after about a six year hiatus, figured I'd share some of it here occasionally!

Here's the first I'm posting, a picture of a character I portray in a Star Wars RP. Her name's Jhorda Vas, the chief engineer of a flagship.

Response to Zeeky's Art Thread, Homies! 2017-02-02 07:53:50

Aye all, here's another one!

Response to Zeeky's Art Thread, Homies! 2017-02-03 16:45:51

Here's another one y'all! He's a character from a novel I'm writing, and his name is Ardal.

Response to Zeeky's Art Thread, Homies! 2017-02-06 15:26:01

Hey there, here's another of my friend's OCs that I drew!

He's emperor of the galaxy, yo.

Response to Zeeky's Art Thread, Homies! 2017-02-06 15:52:48

These are all drawn very well! 9/10 from me.

BBS Signature

Response to Zeeky's Art Thread, Homies! 2017-02-06 16:14:05

At 2/6/17 03:52 PM, Monstie64 wrote: These are all drawn very well! 9/10 from me.

Thanks!

Response to Zeeky's Art Thread, Homies! 2017-02-07 11:57:58

At 2/6/17 03:26 PM, Zeekyboogydoog wrote: Hey there, here's another of my friend's OCs that I drew!

He's emperor of the galaxy, yo.

I just realized that I've forgotten the picture! Here it is.

Response to Zeeky's Art Thread, Homies! 2017-03-04 15:01:42

Here's another one! Tried a new skin painting method.

Response to Zeeky's Art Thread, Homies! 2017-04-15 22:16:32

Yooo, here's a sci-fi guy!

Hey dude; I like your stuff so far, but I thought I'd offer a bit of critique, mainly in the eyes, since that's what can make a character feel more alive!

I noticed it in Ardal and your first pic of Jhorda, mainly, but they kinda have a "thousand-yard stare" to them, which is fine if they're intended to be blanked out or not focused on anything in particular.

However, a lot of times characters who are just hanging around in a pose like Ardal's would likely have eyes focused more directly forward, which I'm definitely assuming you intended to do.

The easiest way to make a character look more focused is to move the "other" eye (the one under the hair in this case) closer to the middle of the face.

When a character is focused on something, their eye angle always converges on it.

I also gave ya a couple of other versions for pointers. The pupil inside the iris is usually only in the direct middle if the character is looking directly at you. Otherwise, it moves farther "inside" the iris based on where it's looking. (I.e. if it's looking right, the pupil goes toward the left of the iris)

Finally, the farther to the side the eye is facing, the farther it "squishes", so to speak. I don't like talking about it so technically, but the inside of the eye is a ball, and a sideways facing glance is like looking at a circle on a ball that's turned far to the left or right. The circle will look more like an oval in this case.

I hope this helps, and that I came across clearly (I'm still learning these kinds of things myself xD) Can't wait to see more from you, dude! :3

(PS: I might have made the eyes smaller by accident xC, but the positioning is what's important!)

BBS Signature

Response to Zeeky's Art Thread, Homies! 2017-04-16 10:58:35

At 4/16/17 02:26 AM, NE-O-N wrote: Hey dude; I like your stuff so far, but I thought I'd offer a bit of critique, mainly in the eyes, since that's what can make a character feel more alive!

Thanks for the pointers!

Response to Zeeky's Art Thread, Homies! 2017-04-18 18:27:51

Yo, dis a space cadet from the same RP!