00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MutantZulu81241 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Geometry Dash removed from Steam?

10,802 Views | 97 Replies

Response to Geometry Dash removed from Steam? 2017-02-01 14:20:03

At 2/1/17 01:33 PM, NekoMika wrote: Update from Robtop himself

A feature for the regular musicians that new throwaway accounts can't get? Smart!

BBS Signature

Response to Geometry Dash removed from Steam? 2017-02-07 15:24:18

But was this the right solution for a problem that NG could have fixed by themselves? Not meaning the harassing of the artists. Could NG just made the copyrighted songs not downloadable and/or not shareable? And why there are "big" artists crying because of this. THIS FUCKING GAME MADE YOU FAMOUS!!!!!! (not all but MANY) I am still able to play, some of my friends are too. But some of my friends also just wanted to give it a try and buy it.. No wait THEY CAN'T.
"Another war started without a clear reason and ended with a thought that the winners were the ones who did right" I am just so blown away about the fact that I thought that the NG community was different from GD. But it seems that it's not. I hope that someone sees this and finds "a real solution" for this.

Response to Geometry Dash removed from Steam? 2017-02-07 16:41:52

At 2/7/17 03:24 PM, iSagittarius wrote: THIS FUCKING GAME MADE YOU FAMOUS!!!!!!

Newgrounds was founded in 1995. It didn't get famous just because of Geometry Dash, and it's been around for probably longer than you've been born.

Response to Geometry Dash removed from Steam? 2017-02-08 05:29:45

Wtf am I reading.

If the product causes problems, it should be fixed.

Response to Geometry Dash removed from Steam? 2017-02-09 02:11:36

At 2/1/17 02:11 PM, CrunkOnASwag wrote: The comparison breaks down when that portion of the GD community has (had) a negative effect on NG for the past 3 years by making difficulties in the audio portal, and not vice versa.

ah! You got a point.

Response to Geometry Dash removed from Steam? 2017-02-12 16:40:08

If anything, GD helped the artists become bigger. RopTop is using the songs to help the artists out and get users to go to Newgrounds and Itunes to buy/download the songs. I mean, if you look at the Itunes songs I have, the majority of them are from GD because I played the levels, found a good song, and then bought it to help the artist. PUT GD BACK ON STEAM PLZ.

Response to Geometry Dash removed from Steam? 2017-02-12 17:30:07

As a GD player only (Not even part of the community) it's a little bit cruel to say that every GD player is same as everyone, knowing that there's people that decide to not be part of the community knowing that this kind of problem could burst one day.

That being said, if both sides of NG and GD communities keep going like this, this will end in a pretty bad situation. I can tell that many of the players are underage, most of my Friend List are kids under 16 and some don't even know the existence of NG unless they decide to get into creating levels, and end up like this.

Of course, GD players has no right to harass, insult and even stole music from artist in NG, just like NG mods doesn't have the right to fight fire with fire - I mean the same harassment and insult given back, deleting AND removing songs and users that stolen songs was obviously fine - at least to me this is a pretty childish way to fix something - yeah, I mean that petition you did - that have been creating issues if you have already knowledge about it.

I just hope this way can bring up any solution and artist that I have the chance to hear and love in the game - like Xtrullor and ThisIsTheFatRat - decide to give a second chance with whatever they want, even a single song is fine to me.

Oh, I'm glad that I'm not either part of NG or GD communities, both sides are really toxic as fuck.

Sincerely, a random GD player that's a real slowpoke.

Response to Geometry Dash removed from Steam? 2017-02-25 08:40:31

At 2/7/17 04:41 PM, Tebiri wrote:
At 2/7/17 03:24 PM, iSagittarius wrote: THIS FUCKING GAME MADE YOU FAMOUS!!!!!!
Newgrounds was founded in 1995. It didn't get famous just because of Geometry Dash, and it's been around for probably longer than you've been born.

I meant the artists, not Newgrounds