00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TwistSSD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

need help 2017-01-24 15:14:29

ok guys my name is gavin delahoussaye, i am 16 and i have a dream, i want to make video games for a living, it will be hard work, but im willing to do whatever it take, no matter how long it takes. this is a help wanted forum, i will be posting this on many different forums on the community. i want someone whom is willing to take the time and effort to teach me animation and different styles of art. i need to start somewhere and need a mentor or community, my email is blackkyurem932@gmail.com, if you want to help me out please email me and we can collaborate.
so far ive gotten pretty ok at drawing and this is my best work so far using only an image as reference to mimic.
its not perfect and i would love to get some real feedback from people who wont sugar coat it like my family, but if you can and want to help, i would love for you to email me, ive heard amazing things about this community from artists and game makers.

need help

Response to need help 2017-01-24 22:34:56

At 1/24/17 03:14 PM, werter2000 wrote: ok guys my name is gavin delahoussaye, i am 16 and i have a dream, i want to make video games for a living, it will be hard work, but im willing to do whatever it take, no matter how long it takes. this is a help wanted forum, i will be posting this on many different forums on the community. i want someone whom is willing to take the time and effort to teach me animation and different styles of art. i need to start somewhere and need a mentor or community, my email is blackkyurem932@gmail.com, if you want to help me out please email me and we can collaborate.
so far ive gotten pretty ok at drawing and this is my best work so far using only an image as reference to mimic.
its not perfect and i would love to get some real feedback from people who wont sugar coat it like my family, but if you can and want to help, i would love for you to email me, ive heard amazing things about this community from artists and game makers.

Dude, YouTube is the best source of teaching animation look for drawwithjazza he has tutorials in adobe animate cc, there are other tutorials out there that helps too! There lessons is completely free and you get the source file too if you want to check what you need to do or how they have done up close!

Response to need help 2017-01-25 11:41:44

Draw with jazza is God.
Also check out Alan Becker's Tutorials.

Response to need help 2017-01-25 23:13:02

Your art shows great promise. For 2d animation learn Synfig, Krita or Open Tunes. These are free programs as well.
When you have funds and can buy a program; learn Flash(Adobe Animate), or ToonBoom.

Also recommend learning a 3d program. Learn to model and animate in 3d . Blender is free and from what I have seen there have been some major improvement from just a few years ago. What you learn in Blender can easily be applied to any CG program as well Blender is compatible with Unity. As well learn Unity, a game engine program. I believe that it may still be free as well.

Yes, there is a huge learning curve and it will take you time to do. Watch every free tutorial you can in art and program usage. Do google searches as youtube is not the only resource for tutorials.

A college education in game design will also be very helpful, but not mandatory for your success.

Best in your journey.