00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ozziel94 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Not a Stupid Question, Promise...

358 Views | 12 Replies

Not a Stupid Question, Promise... 2017-01-10 01:07:23

I may be the only person on Earth that doesn't understand this, but at weddings when the groom goes in between the wife's legs and removes the panty-looking thing, is he really removing her panties? Is she really walking around with no panties on for the rest of the wedding with no panties on with hundreds of people around?

BBS Signature

Response to Not a Stupid Question, Promise... 2017-01-10 03:10:29

Wedding garter. Considerably tamer than the original methodology.

Response to Not a Stupid Question, Promise... 2017-01-10 05:22:50

He's removing the garter, that band she wears around one of her thighs.

I scream! You scream! We all scream for ice cream!

Response to Not a Stupid Question, Promise... 2017-01-10 07:02:38

At 1/10/17 05:22 AM, icecreammac wrote: He's removing the garter, that band she wears around one of her thighs.

What is that and why does the wife have it on?

At 1/10/17 07:02 AM, NightRaid-NG wrote:
At 1/10/17 05:22 AM, icecreammac wrote: He's removing the garter, that band she wears around one of her thighs.
What is that and why does the wife have it on?

It's a lacy or frilly band that goes around the mid- or upper thigh that was once used to hold up her stockings before elastic was commonly used in stockings to keep them from falling (nowadays, it's just for tradition). It's tradition for the groom to remove it from the bride (sometimes seen as a symbol of deflowering) and toss it to the unwed male guests. Just like with the bouquet, the superstition is that the man who catches the garter will be among the next group in attendance to be married. Lastly, the man who caught the garter will often place it on the leg of the woman who caught the bouquet, and the two would share the next dance.

Response to Not a Stupid Question, Promise... 2017-01-10 20:42:02

fucking hell now I'm so horny.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Not a Stupid Question, Promise... 2017-01-10 22:26:26

I bet you felt embarrassed as a kid whenever you went to a wedding.

At 1/10/17 04:21 PM, icecreammac wrote: Just like with the bouquet, the superstition is that the man who catches the garter will be among the next group in attendance to be married. Lastly, the man who caught the garter will often place it on the leg of the woman who caught the bouquet, and the two would share the next dance.

Woah, that's weird. I never knew that.

"It's called consolidation; strengthen governments and corporations, weaken individuals."

I also draw stuff. Here's some of it.

BBS Signature

Response to Not a Stupid Question, Promise... 2017-01-11 00:07:01

At 1/10/17 10:45 PM, YonusBahtzee wrote:
At 1/10/17 04:21 PM, icecreammac wrote: Just like with the bouquet, the superstition is that the man who catches the garter will be among the next group in attendance to be married. Lastly, the man who caught the garter will often place it on the leg of the woman who caught the bouquet, and the two would share the next dance.
Woah, that's weird. I never knew that.

Same here. I actually just researched that today when I saw the question so I didn't look like an idiot and say something stupid. Learn something new every day, right?

Response to Not a Stupid Question, Promise... 2017-01-11 00:44:34

At 1/11/17 12:07 AM, icecreammac wrote:
At 1/10/17 10:45 PM, YonusBahtzee wrote: Woah, that's weird. I never knew that.
Same here. I actually just researched that today when I saw the question so I didn't look like an idiot and say something stupid. Learn something new every day, right?

The more you know.

"It's called consolidation; strengthen governments and corporations, weaken individuals."

I also draw stuff. Here's some of it.

BBS Signature

Response to Not a Stupid Question, Promise... 2017-01-13 23:57:44

At 1/10/17 10:14 PM, Sensationalism wrote: You thought that was a pair of panties?!?? Hhahahaha!

It would be cool of it was. I'd show up at stranger's weddings if that happened.

BBS Signature

Response to Not a Stupid Question, Promise... 2017-01-14 06:52:38

you lied

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to Not a Stupid Question, Promise... 2017-01-14 11:31:48

If you don't know, now you know.