Be a Supporter!
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Animator
"Tentacle" Question 2017-01-09 16:39:41 Reply

So, I'm currently trying to work on an animation. And I planned to use a sort of tentacle motion in this animation. And yes, this happens to be 18+ xD And to be more specific: I want two "tentacles" to be doing a sort of "pistoning" motion.

But my question is: Does anyone know a good way to animate them in? I can't use FBF for this, and I seem to have upset the bone too. Is tentacles anything that can be done in Flash with these restrictions?
Or do I need to look into a program like After Effects to be able to pull this off?

Sicsophor
Sicsophor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 03
Animator
Response to "Tentacle" Question 2017-01-09 22:56:56 Reply

FBF with the line tool in flash seems to be the easiest way to me.

Celshaded
Celshaded
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Animator
Response to "Tentacle" Question 2017-01-10 13:16:52 Reply

Why can't you fbf it?

You can try doing shape tweens and then convert them to keyframes and trace over them.

Smarty Art, Ninja, Action

BBS Signature
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Animator
Response to "Tentacle" Question 2017-01-10 14:01:39 (edited 2017-01-10 14:02:13) Reply

At 1/10/17 01:16 PM, Celshaded wrote: Why can't you fbf it?

You can try doing shape tweens and then convert them to keyframes and trace over them.

The picture used for this is drawn in photoshop.
It is cut up like a dress up doll to allow animation.

And hm, could give the shape tween a look.

Kattlarv
Kattlarv
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Animator
Response to "Tentacle" Question 2017-01-11 23:23:04 Reply

Tried shape tweening, it does not agree with bitmaps xD

ValterValyun
ValterValyun
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Filmmaker
Response to "Tentacle" Question 2017-01-11 23:38:23 (edited 2017-01-11 23:39:05) Reply

Can you just re-draw the tentacle in Flash and just animate it fbf? (unless there's gradation involved, then you're stumped)

Cuz at this point, any animating that involves wavy, or curvy-like actions (hair, cloth, tails, etc) should be done fbf.

EdwardMarr
EdwardMarr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 01
Animator
Response to "Tentacle" Question 2017-01-12 00:30:13 Reply

What program are you using? I use Toon Boom and it makes it easy. Check out my latest cartoon. There's a tentacle scene. If you're using toon boom and you want that effect I'll send you the tutorial that I learned from.

Kwing
Kwing
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Game Developer
Response to "Tentacle" Question 2017-01-12 01:48:18 Reply

This is a really challenging topic to get into. I have nothing against tentacle hentai except that in practice I find myself complaining about a lot of the things you're mentioning - the animation just never looks natural. This is probably one of the best submissions to deconstruct, because there's so much going on (and the loops make it easy to identify different aspects.)

• Kill La Kill Hentai Demo
    Kill La Kill Hentai Demo by ZONE-SAMA

An interactive hentai animation featuring Matoi Ryuko from Kill La Kill

Score
    4.23 / 5.00
    Type
    Game
    Popularity
    Rated
    Adults Only

What I noticed about this was mainly that tentacles look better when their movement involves swirling or dragging, since they actually produce that kind of movement underwater. Pistoning motions are somewhat fantastic; snakes do them, but the movement is quite different from what you normally see in hentai.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPfG4OdGEyI

I would opt for frame by frame but making it look good takes a lot of work.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.
Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Kattlarv
Kattlarv
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Animator
Response to "Tentacle" Question 2017-01-12 10:08:32 Reply

I am currently using Flash Professional CS6.
And I can't FBF, due to using a bitmap, or w/e to call it. It's pre-drawn by another artist and imported into flash.

As of now, it seems like I need to either get another program, or force some sort of fbf.