• 11 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
MarleyProctor
MarleyProctor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist

Hello, so I'm trying to become an artist by producing SFW and NSFW content, and sharing it with people who find it interesting. I'm also trying to improve my skills as an artist so I can earn some cash from the work I produce.

So I hope you all somewhat like the work I produce, and please share your criticism because I know my work isn't exactly on point and I really want to get better and drawing on a tablet.

MarleyProctor's Art (SFW/NSFW)

tomek
tomek
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to MarleyProctor's Art (SFW/NSFW) 2017-01-06 13:12:52 Reply

you cant draw

BBS Signature
MarleyProctor
MarleyProctor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Response to MarleyProctor's Art (SFW/NSFW) 2017-01-06 14:29:04 Reply

At 1/6/17 01:12 PM, tomek wrote: you cant draw

And you can't punctuate, but thanks for telling me this, now I can improve.

NE-O-N
NE-O-N
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 02
Artist

At 1/6/17 01:12 PM, tomek wrote: you cant draw

Oi that's not constructive at all lmao

Anyway; looking at this specific piece, I'd say the biggest problem is your fundamentals. It's outta proportion. I don't just mean realistic, anatomically correct kind of proportions, but just consistency in general.

At this moment, I'd personally recommend two things:

-First and foremost: focus on improving your fundamental construction and proportions, as to see the entire form of the drawing before you even add details. Artists usually don't just draw the head/body shape outright unless it's purely instinctive to them at that point (even then I wouldn't recommend ever doing that). Jazza and Sycra are two artists who's YouTube channels provide a lot of stuff to help out the gate, so I extremely recommend, that if you do nothing else, just check out some of their videos, as there's many other things I can tell you but they can actually show you.

-Secondly, if you want to do quality pinup style NSFW stuff, your anatomy and proportionality will have to be extra on point. Characters won't have clothes or anything obscuring stuff and mistakes will be more glaringly obvious to the viewer, significantly hurting the attractiveness of the image; so, try getting down more correct anatomy after, or while, focusing more on your fundamentals (construction and proportions), first.

Trust me, dude, improvement always takes time, and it's a struggle, but it's pretty fun ^^

MarleyProctor
MarleyProctor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Response to MarleyProctor's Art (SFW/NSFW) 2017-01-11 07:34:52 Reply

So I've been practicing a hand technique that I'm familiar with because hands are my worst enemy when it comes to drawing.

I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty proud of what I did here, this is the best hand I've done yet on computer.

Template88
Template88
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to MarleyProctor's Art (SFW/NSFW) 2017-01-11 10:30:09 Reply

At 1/11/17 07:34 AM, MarleyProctor wrote: So I've been practicing a hand technique that I'm familiar with because hands are my worst enemy when it comes to drawing.

I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty proud of what I did here, this is the best hand I've done yet on computer.

doesnt really have any bones or muscle structure to it though, ditch color for a bit (its just serving to distract you) and concentrate on understanding the anatomy, structure and gesture of the human body.

You are not prepared...
Illustration thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1229930
Animation thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1332069

MarleyProctor
MarleyProctor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Response to MarleyProctor's Art (SFW/NSFW) 2017-01-11 18:41:20 Reply

At 1/11/17 10:30 AM, Template88 wrote:
doesnt really have any bones or muscle structure to it though, ditch color for a bit (its just serving to distract you) and concentrate on understanding the anatomy, structure and gesture of the human body.

Thanks for the advice, any tips on how I can get started?

MrFyasko
MrFyasko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to MarleyProctor's Art (SFW/NSFW) 2017-01-11 19:15:23 Reply

At 1/11/17 06:41 PM, MarleyProctor wrote:

ever try drawing the bare bones first, like wire frame bodies? You work looks digital.. just start with a layer of wire framed people then add a layer and refine. Keep refining. That is what I would try. But...... I dont draw people lol

ChillyCheese
ChillyCheese
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to MarleyProctor's Art (SFW/NSFW) 2017-01-11 19:34:45 Reply

At 1/11/17 06:41 PM, MarleyProctor wrote:

The best thing you could possibly do to improve the fastest is pick up a couple books on artists anatomy and go to figure drawing sessions.

http://www.scott-eaton.com/outgoing/books/George-Bridgman-Constructive-Anatomy.pdf

^ Here is a great anatomy pdf by Bridgman. It does a great job of illustrating various body parts in easier to understand shapes.

Spedmallet
Spedmallet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to MarleyProctor's Art (SFW/NSFW) 2017-01-11 19:51:40 Reply

hello I'm like anime girls

how can I draw please

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature
asdfsilax
asdfsilax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate

At 1/11/17 07:51 PM, Spedmallet wrote: hello I'm like anime girls

how can I draw please

you know you should be making a thread like that iv seen youre unironic stuff

NilesCD
NilesCD
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Response to MarleyProctor's Art (SFW/NSFW) 2017-01-11 23:05:19 Reply

Adult themed work is something you should really try to achieve once you've understood how the human body works - It's a little more complicated and one simple mistake can really turn a viewer off. I'd advise some basic life drawing. Go out and sketch people in public, do a page of 30 minutes, then 15 and take it to 5 to get basic gesture drawings - Also if you have people close to you that will let you sit there and look over them - Bonus! Also get into learning your 3d space, so start sketching out simple objects and slowly shade them. We're made of shapes after all!

Avoid the adult work for a bit and just understand how a person works then get into colour theory.

- I do not wish to hurt you, just merely torture you -

BBS Signature