Verspar
Verspar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Programmer
Response to Moldy bread 2017-01-11 23:45:27 Reply

How the hell did this thread blow up? I've been gone for six days and this thread gradually gained posts. I've already thrown the bread away, to those who were wondering. Eventually, I saw mold on one of the bread and threw it away; so no croutons.

Railroadkill
Railroadkill
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Writer
Response to Moldy bread 2017-01-12 01:21:25 (edited 2017-01-12 01:24:53) Reply

At 1/5/17 08:49 PM, Verspar wrote: So I know we've had loaves of bread in our house, and it's about time for it to get bad. I decided to make croutons out of them, but I smelled it and it smelled moldy. So I consulted google and learned that it shouldn't be safe to eat the fact I smelled it to check for mold was a stupid idea. I smelt for it first because the bread doesn't look moldy. There is no visible signs of mold. I know mold are microscopic and would not be seen until they accumulate a lot. However, against what they said, I smelled ihem again anyways, and they don't smell moldy. Should I throw them away, or make croutons?

Think about what croutons are for a second. Its garlic seasoned , burnt [or toasted old bread for you pesents] , cubed bread. Although it is true certain molds can be negated with high heats , the fact that you came to newgrounds for the answer leads me to belive that you have already got ahead and made them, got a teeny sick but otherwise was fine, dispite what you may say.

For what it's worth I have a culinary degree , and these forums are dead anymore.

YellowisCOOL
YellowisCOOL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Artist
Response to Moldy bread 2017-01-12 01:23:34 Reply

Throw the bread away, dumbass

mypsychedelicfantasy // tumblr
THE  VOID  HUNGERS

BBS Signature
S3C
S3C
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Moldy bread 2017-01-12 01:37:24 (edited 2017-01-12 01:37:37) Reply

if it's smelly, don't put it in your belly
if it's got a bad odor, put rid it via the disposal's rotor
if it's mold, put it in the cold. if you're bold and it isn't to old you can amputate the moldy part but it it still might make you fart

Verspar
Verspar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Programmer
Response to Moldy bread 2017-01-12 01:56:04 (edited 2017-01-12 02:00:29) Reply

At 1/12/17 01:21 AM, Railroadkill wrote: Think about what croutons are for a second. Its garlic seasoned , burnt [or toasted old bread for you pesents] , cubed bread. Although it is true certain molds can be negated with high heats , the fact that you came to newgrounds for the answer leads me to belive that you have already got ahead and made them, got a teeny sick but otherwise was fine, dispite what you may say.

For what it's worth I have a culinary degree , and these forums are dead anymore.

I'm not too sophisticated in my cooking that I would consult a cooking forum, but I'm not a simpleton that I'd make the croutons even after seeing the mold. I was leaning toward throwing it away in the first place, but I didn't want to waste them. I consulted google first, before asking you guys. I was half-way into cutting all the bread where I picked up a loaf that was had a little bit of visible mold. I grabbed a bag full of nope and trashed it. I asked it on Newgrounds partially because I wanted everyone's opinion, but I also did it for the humor of what they'll say. (Like YellowisCOOL calling me a dumbass)

At 1/12/17 01:37 AM, S3C wrote: if it's smelly, don't put it in your belly
if it's got a bad odor, put rid it via the disposal's rotor
if it's mold, put it in the cold. if you're bold and it isn't to old you can amputate the moldy part but it it still might make you fart

beautiful. However bread is not one of those things you can amputate. It is not like cheese.

DM692
DM692
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Audiophile
Response to Moldy bread 2017-01-12 02:35:56 Reply

I am glad you threw the questionably moldy bread out.

If you would like to know a tip about moldy bread, keep reading this post!

Don't eat moldy bread!

BBS Signature
FlakJaketPro
FlakJaketPro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Melancholy
Response to Moldy bread 2017-01-12 20:46:22 Reply

Eat the bread raw

BBS Signature
Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Moldy bread 2017-01-12 20:57:35 Reply

Food mold isn't usually that dangerous. If you can't see mold on the bread, why even care? When you make croutons it will dry the bread out completely and mold won't be able to survive on it anymore.

I have never once in my life worried about invisible mold on my bread lmao

goofried
goofried
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Moldy bread 2017-01-13 10:43:03 Reply

bung it in the toaster if you're that worried, doesn't taste any different

XwaynecoltX
XwaynecoltX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 54
Movie Buff
Response to Moldy bread 2017-01-14 01:58:43 Reply

Eat the mold its good for you... I think.

~X~