At 1/5/17 08:49 PM, Verspar wrote:
So I know we've had loaves of bread in our house, and it's about time for it to get bad. I decided to make croutons out of them, but I smelled it and it smelled moldy. So I consulted google and learned that it shouldn't be safe to eat the fact I smelled it to check for mold was a stupid idea. I smelt for it first because the bread doesn't look moldy. There is no visible signs of mold. I know mold are microscopic and would not be seen until they accumulate a lot. However, against what they said, I smelled ihem again anyways, and they don't smell moldy. Should I throw them away, or make croutons?
Think about what croutons are for a second. Its garlic seasoned , burnt [or toasted old bread for you pesents] , cubed bread. Although it is true certain molds can be negated with high heats , the fact that you came to newgrounds for the answer leads me to belive that you have already got ahead and made them, got a teeny sick but otherwise was fine, dispite what you may say.
For what it's worth I have a culinary degree , and these forums are dead anymore.