00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kyzakay just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Dental Insurance is worthless

815 Views | 19 Replies

Dental Insurance is worthless 2017-01-04 22:50:41

I have never seen a dental plan with an annual maximum above 1500.00 one extraction is like 400.00 and once you get into the gum disease treatments it far exceeds your annual. Which begs the question if you need a SHIT ton of work anywhere from 30,000 -100k what the fuck is the point of paying for dental insurance?

The whole industry is a sham.

Response to Dental Insurance is worthless 2017-01-05 01:32:11

At 1/5/17 12:32 AM, Sensationalism wrote: All I know is my cleanings were much more expensive the one time I wasn't covered by any insurance compared to all the times I was.

I wouldn't know about needing major dental work.

yeah its a real scam. Might as well just save the cash.

Response to Dental Insurance is worthless 2017-01-05 04:04:56

All insurance is worthless.

Selling insurance/running an insurance company is like playing a backwards lottery.
You rake in the money nonstop and occasionally you lose. (when you have to pay for somebody to get some work done)

Not to mention If the insurance companies didn't fucking exist all the health care would be affordable in the first place.

От каждого по способностям, каждому по потребностям

BBS Signature

Response to Dental Insurance is worthless 2017-01-05 21:37:31

You can snag a toothbrush, tooth paste and floss for like $5 and brushing twice a day, flossing twice a week you can prevent most expensive dental work.

This post will actually appear at the bottom of this page.

BBS Signature

Response to Dental Insurance is worthless 2017-01-05 22:40:08

At 1/5/17 09:37 PM, War-Bear wrote: You can snag a toothbrush, tooth paste and floss for like $5 and brushing twice a day, flossing twice a week you can prevent most expensive dental work.

LOL > Hygiene

Well youd be surprised how many people out there require like 18 root canals and shit

Response to Dental Insurance is worthless 2017-01-06 02:22:37

It really is, and a lot of doctors/dentist always are more than happy to give you unnecessary surgeries/treatments for THEIR benefit. Its actually cheaper to just invest in a gold grill to preserve your precious teefus until you die

Are you not Entertained ?!?

BBS Signature

Response to Dental Insurance is worthless 2017-01-06 03:23:56

Going to the dentist is one of those things that a lot of people could go without doing. Unless you have shitty teeth genes or need your wisdom teeth pulled, just take good care of your teeth and you should never have to go to the dentist.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to Dental Insurance is worthless 2017-01-06 12:55:17

At 1/4/17 10:50 PM, StatKing wrote: I have never seen a dental plan with an annual maximum above 1500.00 one extraction is like 400.00 and once you get into the gum disease treatments it far exceeds your annual. Which begs the question if you need a SHIT ton of work anywhere from 30,000 -100k what the fuck is the point of paying for dental insurance?

Skip the insurance, save up and pay cash. And 30-100k is for Americans. Go to another country like Hungary or Czech Republic and have it done there. Have your teeth checked for cavities once a year in order to avoid the big stuff.

BBS Signature

Skip the insurance, save up and pay cash. And 30-100k is for Americans. Go to another country like Hungary or Czech Republic and have it done there. Have your teeth checked for cavities once a year in order to avoid the big stuff.

Seems to make more sense this way I mean its kinda stupid for something that can actually end your life youd think medical insurance would cover it

Response to Dental Insurance is worthless 2017-01-06 18:50:00

This thread is reminding me that I keep forgetting to schedule a dentist appointment. I'm way overdue and my gums are killing me. I just want them to take that sharp hook and rake the shit out of my gums and make them bleed, seriously. It would probably feel really good. My teeth are fine it's just my gums which are still inflamed from those years I had braces.

I don't know how the insurance works, but insurance companies are pretty much thieves. They'll convince you to pay for more expensive insurance coverages that they know you're not ever gonna need so they can make an extra profit.

Response to Dental Insurance is worthless 2017-01-06 20:48:45

At 1/4/17 10:50 PM, StatKing wrote: I have never seen a dental plan with an annual maximum above 1500.00 one extraction is like 400.00 and once you get into the gum disease treatments it far exceeds your annual. Which begs the question if you need a SHIT ton of work anywhere from 30,000 -100k what the fuck is the point of paying for dental insurance?

i dont have it. too expensive. i would literally need to destroy my entire mouth in order for it to be worth it, otherwise it's just the traditional 2 cleanings and 1 xray a year, which paying out of pocket is 400 max a year, vs 700-1000$ if i had insurance. so stupid.

Response to Dental Insurance is worthless 2017-01-06 20:49:12

At 1/6/17 06:50 PM, mothballs wrote: This thread is reminding me that I keep forgetting to schedule a dentist appointment. I'm way overdue and my gums are killing me. I just want them to take that sharp hook and rake the shit out of my gums and make them bleed, seriously. It would probably feel really good. My teeth are fine it's just my gums which are still inflamed from those years I had braces.

I don't know how the insurance works, but insurance companies are pretty much thieves. They'll convince you to pay for more expensive insurance coverages that they know you're not ever gonna need so they can make an extra profit.

Insurance only covers 1500.00 after that your own your own. Which one fucking extraction is like 500 and when you need like 40k worth of shit nope your on your own

i dont have it. too expensive. i would literally need to destroy my entire mouth in order for it to be worth it, otherwise it's just the traditional 2 cleanings and 1 xray a year, which paying out of pocket is 400 max a year, vs 700-1000$ if i had insurance. so stupid.

How do you figure?

the maximum payout is like 1500.00 ----

One root canal is like 600

Lets say you needed 8 root canals gingival flap surgery 18 extractions ---- you gotta pay in cash

Response to Dental Insurance is worthless 2017-01-06 23:02:36

You're saying that now but next time you bash your teeth on a retaining wall and need a new grill (or dentures), be glad you pay much less with your.... you guessed it,

Noggleton is so cool lol

BBS Signature

At 1/6/17 11:02 PM, Noggleton wrote: You're saying that now but next time you bash your teeth on a retaining wall and need a new grill (or dentures), be glad you pay much less with your.... you guessed it,

> dentures cost less then annual max of 1500 dollars a year plan is fuckin worthless when you need 40k worth of work

At 1/6/17 11:02 PM, Noggleton wrote: You're saying that now but next time you bash your teeth on a retaining wall and need a new grill (or dentures), be glad you pay much less with your.... you guessed it,

If you know if a plan that lets you walk in with a fucking TRASHED mouth from not brushing that will cover 40k in damage please tell

Response to Dental Insurance is worthless 2017-01-07 14:42:56

At 1/7/17 02:40 PM, BlackSpiralDancer wrote: Never had it. might be a sham.

Its a shame they need to make plans that cover high end fucking yearly maximums

Response to Dental Insurance is worthless 2017-01-07 14:48:57

It all depends on what your deductible is. I don't have to pay anything other than the copay with my dental insurance, but I still don't have it because it costs less to do my yearly cleaning out of pocket than it would to pay for insurance.

If I were to have it through my employee I would pay $0 up to $2,500 a year.

Response to Dental Insurance is worthless 2017-01-07 14:50:55

So basically if one needed gum work as well as a full mouth reconstruct due to erosion just save up and pay cash then?

Response to Dental Insurance is worthless 2017-01-07 16:06:57

At 1/7/17 02:36 PM, StatKing wrote:
If you know if a plan that lets you walk in with a fucking TRASHED mouth from not brushing that will cover 40k in damage please tell

Are you saying you don't brush?
Haven't had your teeth kicked in lately?

Noggleton is so cool lol

BBS Signature