00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Da-Birb just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Mods Locking Threads They Dislike

322 Views | 0 Replies

Mods Locking Threads They Dislike 2016-12-28 11:29:54

So this has happened for the second time and since emailing Newgrounds hasn't received a response in over a month, I am hopeful a thread on the matter might help.

The most recent time was by the moderator TurkeyOnAStick whom told me in the There's Nothing Good Left Online thread:

"Nah, you're not going to shit out another "memes are a funny and creative art form" argument. Your salty Willy Wonka pic invalidates that.
I am also aware that "epicwyn" isn't exactly a well loved member on the sites you mentioned - even banned on knowyourmeme. So don't mind me that I curb this thread early.
Phobotech and yurgen gave you the best answer you're going to get out of this community, and you're shunned on sites who are more likely to share your opinion. You're on your own, now."

So I have had my thread locked for the reason... I am disliked on a different site? Gotta say that moderation doesn't seem terribly acceptable. However, this is not the first time this has happened.

The previous time was in the thread Why is there no category for: Memes? in which the moderator TurkeyOnAStick also said:

"Memes are shit. There are plenty of other shit websites dedicated to making memes, and I'm fairly sure you're aware of this as you've been banned from a couple.
This site is for original content. I'm locking this because your argument is throwing about the word "creative" over and over again as though it has any significance on a medium that relies on copying somebody else's idea over and over again."

Both threads were locked after both these posts. Is Newgrounds not okay with different ideas? Am I not free to make threads on topics I happen to be interested in? Is free discussion unacceptable here? I would like to be able to post in the forums and have open discussions without my threads being locked by mods whom don't like my ideas, so if something could be done about this it would be greatly appreciated.