00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kkolo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

my old videos

841 Views | 20 Replies

my old videos 2016-12-21 20:45:35

They were all deleted.

My audio was deleted because they didn't follow the rules. Then a mod told me that was the reason for the audio and they thought since they took away my audio they "might as well" take away my videos.

There was no reason for that and I wanna be able to reupload them.

The videos do not break any rules and this is not fair

Response to my old videos 2016-12-24 11:48:15

Looks like the videos are back up?

Shame about all that audio...

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to my old videos 2016-12-25 00:18:35

At 12/24/16 11:48 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: Looks like the videos are back up?

Shame about all that audio...

No. They're not back

Response to my old videos 2016-12-25 05:20:58

At 12/25/16 12:18 AM, NightRaid-NG wrote: No. They're not back

Oh, so there were more of them. Have you tried talking to that particular mod about it?

BBS Signature

Response to my old videos 2016-12-25 12:46:16

At 12/25/16 05:20 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 12/25/16 12:18 AM, NightRaid-NG wrote: No. They're not back
Oh, so there were more of them. Have you tried talking to that particular mod about it?

I spoke to Tom himself and all he said was "just accept it"

Response to my old videos 2016-12-25 14:32:18

At 12/25/16 12:46 PM, NightRaid-NG wrote: I spoke to Tom himself and all he said was "just accept it"

Well...that sucks. :| If Tom said so seems there's not much to do about it... makes me wonder what kind of videos they were though. No copyright music included? Graphical gray area resources? If they passed judgment and comply with all rules it really shouldn't be like that.

BBS Signature

Response to my old videos 2016-12-25 15:16:50 (edited 2016-12-25 15:17:10)

Even if it is unfortunate, think of it this way --

Old videos or old art shouldn't matter too much anyway. You're still going to create content regardless, and every new content will have some sort of improvement than the previous.

So just keep your eye on the present and just forget the past.

Response to my old videos 2016-12-25 15:59:57

At 12/25/16 03:16 PM, ValterValyun wrote: Even if it is unfortunate, think of it this way --

Old videos or old art shouldn't matter too much anyway. You're still going to create content regardless, and every new content will have some sort of improvement than the previous.

So just keep your eye on the present and just forget the past.

Fine. I guess you're right

Response to my old videos 2016-12-25 16:01:15

At 12/25/16 02:32 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:

nope. nothing that broke the rules.

just speedpaints, collabs, and animations

Response to my old videos 2016-12-25 17:47:49

At 12/25/16 04:08 PM, IvoAluminum wrote: Maybe in the past, we'll see old stuff.

Well that is how it works lol

Response to my old videos 2016-12-25 18:37:35 (edited 2016-12-25 18:41:41)

This is a bit vague. Weird that the mod hasn't decided to elaborate on their actions. (Well, it's not actually that weird.)

Response to my old videos 2016-12-25 18:53:48

At 12/25/16 06:47 PM, Jyni wrote:
nope. nothing that broke the rules.

just speedpaints, collabs, and animations
There's been a heavy crackdown on music that you use in your videos recently, it was probably that.

No. I didn't use any copyrighted music

Response to my old videos 2016-12-25 20:43:05

At 12/25/16 06:59 PM, Jyni wrote:

all music used was from Newgrounds

Response to my old videos 2016-12-26 13:00:30 (edited 2016-12-26 13:01:38)

At 12/25/16 03:16 PM, ValterValyun wrote: So just keep your eye on the present and just forget the past.

I know this is supposed to be motivating, but I just have to say: IMHO we should never forget our past, it's what makes us who we are. To me it's depressing when artists delete anything old and (to them) sub-par, leaving new viewers nothing to go back to; trace their roots, and old viewers no nostalgia. The past is a rich cultural heritage we should strive to preserve and treasure, no matter how useless and crappy. Some of the most legendary submissions on NG were as crappy as they get, like B. But their strength lies in their ingenuity and lack of conformity. Quality animation will always be on a whole other level, but whether it's intentional or no - a stumbling step on the way to greatness or just a crappy but creative something, it all holds equal importance.

That said, if the NG authority took down the videos and don't want to bring them back... well, not much you can do other than speak against the injustice; hope they step in here and at least offer an explanation...

At 12/25/16 08:43 PM, NightRaid-NG wrote:
At 12/25/16 06:59 PM, Jyni wrote:
all music used was from Newgrounds

...and it wasn't any music on NG that broke the rules? Like the music you made, that they removed at the same time?

BBS Signature

Response to my old videos 2016-12-26 13:05:39

At 12/26/16 01:00 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 12/25/16 03:16 PM, ValterValyun wrote: So just keep your eye on the present and just forget the past.
I know this is supposed to be motivating, but I just have to say: IMHO we should never forget our past, it's what makes us who we are. To me it's depressing when artists delete anything old and (to them) sub-par, leaving new viewers nothing to go back to; trace their roots, and old viewers no nostalgia. The past is a rich cultural heritage we should strive to preserve and treasure, no matter how useless and crappy. Some of the most legendary submissions on NG were as crappy as they get, like B. But their strength lies in their ingenuity and lack of conformity. Quality animation will always be on a whole other level, but whether it's intentional or no - a stumbling step on the way to greatness or just a crappy but creative something, it all holds equal importance.

As much you have some points there, I'll have to disagree.

When building a portfolio, you will always have to keep your work up-to-date. Keeping up your old work just for the sake of "nostalgia" will just speak your work as "out-dated."

When dealing with clientele work, they will expect your current skill level, and seeing old work, regardless of how good quality it is, will reflect poorly on yourself.

But I don't mean to get rid of your work entirely -- I always keep back-ups of my old work and shove it somewhere just in case I'll reminiscence the past.

Response to my old videos 2016-12-26 14:18:08

At 12/26/16 01:05 PM, ValterValyun wrote: As much you have some points there, I'll have to disagree.

When building a portfolio, you will always have to keep your work up-to-date. Keeping up your old work just for the sake of "nostalgia" will just speak your work as "out-dated."

When dealing with clientele work, they will expect your current skill level, and seeing old work, regardless of how good quality it is, will reflect poorly on yourself.

But I don't mean to get rid of your work entirely -- I always keep back-ups of my old work and shove it somewhere just in case I'll reminiscence the past.

As a designer I do know the worth of a portfolio, and it's true you need to showcase your best work, but I wouldn't say you need to get rid of your old work because of it. I respect designers that are proud of how they've evolved over time, and show both their old work and new. It goes to show you have a passion for what you do (that you've done a lot), and that you keep improving. It's just not the type of content you place on the main page so it'll be the first impression potential clients get. Let people see the best stuff first, and dig deeper if they want more. And if you do use NG as a portfolio, the better stuff is on top by default.

I wouldn't say NG is most suited for a traditional design portfolio though The 'clients' you might get here are either regular users who follow you overtime, and are looking for commissions, or other regular users/studios that wish to collaborate in some way. The application process is different here, and I believe trophies and fan counts are at the top of the list when it comes to available merits, if that's the type of content you make, rather than your content history.

For artists who make a living off of their creative craft, and keep putting out things consistently, quantity also means increased exposure and profitability. You rarely see the really popular artists removing their past work. A lot of their old content still draws in views, and IMO it shows they're human: that they were once upon an amateur, just like anyone else. Maybe they simply don't remove the old stuff because they don't have time, but I'd like to think they also realize there's a value in it, not just for them but for the viewers. And as long as they're putting out new stuff, the old is not what'll form users overall impressions of them.

You might stumble upon old and sub-par work by great artists, but if you do some research on said artist (like 'view more') you'll realize it's old and sub-par, and be impressed at the new. And if you don't, then no loss. The artist gets a view; the viewer leaves. Hadn't that particular piece been around they probably wouldn't have seen your work anyway.

Old work serves a purpose, to me. It's nostalgia, but it's more. It's history. It's change. It's like a behind-the-scenes over the ebb and flow of time, and when it's by artists I admire, it's more content. Bad or no, I appreciate a surplus. To me, that's how NG works best, and those are the users I admire most. It seems we use this place differently though. I respect your approach, but I'd still be sad if I see some of your work, and then come back and see that it's gone. Like any good form of content - like a movie you might want to watch more than once, if it served a purpose when it was made, then it'll surely serve one again, and it'll only be a benefit to have around. That's what I believe.

BBS Signature

Response to my old videos 2016-12-26 16:48:18

At 12/21/16 08:45 PM, NightRaid-NG wrote: They were all deleted.

My audio was deleted because they didn't follow the rules. Then a mod told me that was the reason for the audio and they thought since they took away my audio they "might as well" take away my videos.

Your videos were removed in October and my reply was:

"Your music was taken down because a lot of the songs were confirmed to be by various established artists and not your band - the members of which all appeared to be alts of your main account. It was assumed that nothing under your account could be trusted at that time so everything was removed.

It would be best to move ahead with some new original content of your own - people sometimes make mistakes around here when they are new but still go on to make cool stuff - so take the mod action as an opportunity for a fresh start and take your time with original content, try not to upload too much too quickly and don't use alt accounts as co-authors / reviewers / up-voters."

You had a movie with "REUPLOAD" in the title that was removed on December 21st; that is the only recent removal.

In the time since you had your audio removed, you've uploaded stolen games and art that is just recolors of other peoples' art. It's hard for any moderator to trust that anything you upload is authentic. You do seem to be making some of your own original movies and games but the games you have made have abused the medal system and made additional work for moderators. So in summary, you've been managing to consume the time of moderators across all portals AND the time of the staff.

If you really want to make stuff and be part of NG, please take some time to make something you truly care about, that doesn't abuse the system and don't attempt to co-author people who didn't work on it with you. It's the same advice as before so please take it to heart this time.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to my old videos 2016-12-26 21:33:53

At 12/26/16 09:12 PM, NeonStarlight wrote: Oh shit son, nightraid done fucked up now.

It's not like you have anything to do with this :p
I learned my lesson, so I'll just move on :/

Response to my old videos 2016-12-27 01:48:24

At 12/26/16 04:48 PM, TomFulp wrote:
You had a movie with "REUPLOAD" in the title that was removed on December 21st; that is the only recent removal.

Sorry to butt in, but that movie of his was not the only recent removal. He stole a game and submitted it as his own on the 22nd. It was a Duck Hunt remake that he stole from another user.

Just thought I'd put that info out there.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to my old videos 2016-12-27 02:10:32

At 12/27/16 01:48 AM, DeftonesFan665 wrote:
At 12/26/16 04:48 PM, TomFulp wrote:

I also had a movie about ponies removed. I asked Exedor and waited a while. He said that there is a reason, but I'm just not gonna get one.

Response to my old videos 2016-12-27 03:55:00 (edited 2016-12-27 03:57:56)

There's been a lot of sketchy stuff with your account, and you've been given a lot of chances to make up for it -- more than a lot of rule-breaking accounts, actually. If I recall, you were warned not to credit people who didn't have any part in your submissions so as to get the benefit of advertising to all of their fans for ratings, and later did it anyway (and got off scot free). Then there's tons of alts and upvoting, and a lot of theft, after which point I'm surprised you have any upload privs at all. You've stolen in the Game/Movie Portal, the Audio Portal, and the Art Portal, and seem to be stat-whoring when it comes to the BBS and whistle. I don't think you should be trashing @TomFulp or @Exedor, when it's clear this isn't your first go round skirting rules, and you definitely know better.

At 12/22/16 03:12 PM, Exedor wrote: I've had multiple discussions with him, and he just doesn't get it. It's really frustrating. :\

I'll just sum up and say, NightRaid, you're an okay guy and sometimes your posts are helpful or amusing, but I don't get it. If you can produce your own content, why not just follow the rules? It's 100x less headache for you, the mods, and the community as a whole. Not to mention, it's jarring seeing you post stolen content in the EGB in the same breath as your own stolen submission(s) or rule-breaking reupload(s) are in UJ. I feel like the point of this thread was to bitch and moan, point the finger, and get people to feel sorry for you, when point blank, we have no reason to.

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature