Respond to this Topic
SergeiBSG
SergeiBSG
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Animator
Response to New FP & Some Goals for 2017 2016-12-21 16:14:18 Reply

I find awesome the idea of make more easy find free music. I'll take note on royalty free music list, there are some sites that I didn't know them.

Can Newgrounds do that mobile site detect an specific device? For example I'm using an iPad Pro 12.9", and it's more comfortable use the desktop version than the cellphone version, the screen is large enough to look more like a desktop computer, but when I enter automatically it open the cellphone version, so I must change manually to the desktop version. It would be grest if for an iPad Pro 12.9" the site would redirect to the desktop version instead cellphone. I use the iPad for drawing and I upload my things from here to the portal and dumping grounds, and the cellphone version is more for explore than upload content.

Patreon |-----| Youtube

PhantomArcade3000
PhantomArcade3000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Animator
Response to New FP & Some Goals for 2017 2016-12-21 19:27:36 Reply

Front page looks fantastic, I've loved a lot of the cartoons made this year, and it feels great to see them all represented on the front page.

Seeing Brad about to have his head caved in by the meth orc warms my heart.

evanarmagast
evanarmagast
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 13
Animator
Response to New FP & Some Goals for 2017 2016-12-21 19:44:02 Reply

new front page looks sick, Tom. the new design is really growing on me.

and here's to 2017 being Newgrounds' year!

crazy? i'm not crazy. i'm a table.

BBS Signature
Zerksisms
Zerksisms
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 04
Animator
Response to New FP & Some Goals for 2017 2016-12-21 21:55:29 Reply

The support is seriously here. Everybody scattering the internet seeing this should show some love. It's a lot of dedicated supporters seriously. Newgrounds is such an amazing community.

orion1220
orion1220
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Game Developer
Response to New FP & Some Goals for 2017 2016-12-22 01:50:14 Reply

At 12/19/16 12:04 PM, TomFulp wrote:
In 2017 we intend to make it easier for musicians to specify when their music can be freely used in content that will be uploaded to NG and we intend to make it easier for animators and developers to browse that music specifically.

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Lindenbree
Lindenbree
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to New FP & Some Goals for 2017 2016-12-22 11:34:09 Reply

So... I've read every post here and I'm still not sure if I understand the audio issues. Is any copyrighted song that wasn't specified as allowed to be used freely or on NG now banned? This would include a large amount of animated music videos, any animation that uses a song for a montage or just a quick joke (plenty of Eddsworld videos apply here iirc), and any video game parody that uses music from said game.
This seems really extreme. Is this the situation? Would incredibly talented people like gildedguy basically have to just leave to post their stuff elsewhere since most their content are animated music videos? Does this extend to songs used in comedy routines? Every AvenueQ-inspired video would have to go then, and my own animation too.

I hope I don't sound antagonistic and I'm not trying to throw a "it's not fair" tantrum, if you're being threatened to pull the plug then you've got to do what you can. I know copyright holders tend not to care about context, and if you don't have the resources to fight off their bs, then that's that. But I want to know if I'm interpreting this correctly. Better to know now than to be surprised to see half the stuff I love here disappear. I do really like NG, and I hope things aren't this bad.

My signature is so extravagant. Simple text. Fab, amiright?

Kladdelic
Kladdelic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Programmer
Response to New FP & Some Goals for 2017 2016-12-22 13:12:14 Reply

Cool thing. Enhancing the site progressively, which is for such a huge project indeed heavy work. I'd like to see that Newgrounds gets fully responsive. Who's in duty of the conversion?

Besides:
I hope the copyright stuff with the music industry can be somehow figured out. They can really be a pain in the ass.

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Programmer
Response to New FP & Some Goals for 2017 2016-12-22 16:20:55 Reply

hey @TomFulp when will the new 2017 Supporter Upgrades roll out? I need to add the 2017 one to my collection, also if I payed for two could I get the rare grey one year reward membership one to be added to my profile so I have them all?

TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 19
Game Developer
Response to New FP & Some Goals for 2017 2016-12-22 16:26:58 Reply

At 12/22/16 04:20 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: hey @TomFulp when will the new 2017 Supporter Upgrades roll out? I need to add the 2017 one to my collection, also if I payed for two could I get the rare grey one year reward membership one to be added to my profile so I have them all?

Good question, have to get the 2017 badge ready. As for the honorary badge... We had been tossing around the idea of having a single supporter badge that upgrades visually based on your total years supported... Did you see / like that idea?

Nightmare Cops, the game JohnnyUtah, Spazkid and I have been working on.

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Programmer
Response to New FP & Some Goals for 2017 2016-12-22 16:35:07 Reply

At 12/22/16 04:26 PM, TomFulp wrote: Good question, have to get the 2017 badge ready. As for the honorary badge... We had been tossing around the idea of having a single supporter badge that upgrades visually based on your total years supported... Did you see / like that idea?

no I like having my pretty little line up! alot of us like it like this when we go to the stats page right under the old store swag. its practically an incentive to me to keep doing it.

New FP & Some Goals for 2017

BoMToons
BoMToons
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Game Developer
Response to New FP & Some Goals for 2017 2016-12-22 18:21:51 Reply

At 12/22/16 04:26 PM, TomFulp wrote: Good question, have to get the 2017 badge ready. As for the honorary badge... We had been tossing around the idea of having a single supporter badge that upgrades visually based on your total years supported... Did you see / like that idea?

I like the idea of having a separate symbol for longest unbroken chain though... similar to user icons.

grandbrinus
grandbrinus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Game Developer
Response to New FP & Some Goals for 2017 2016-12-23 08:54:34 Reply

Personnaly, i've always thought NG was the best place to work in group.
You can add as much people as you want, you can add beta testers and share revenues with every coworker.

I didnt found any other website with a so big system to make collaborative work.
You are always under constraints on other websites, like only crediting 4 ppl max... I continue to think it's totally weird to not following what Newgrounds do.

I always used NG to find inspiration and resources for my games and be sure i will continue on that way. So voice actors, be ready because I will try some new things on 2017 ! (i never worked with voice actors :p it's time to get a try)

AnalogByNature
AnalogByNature
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to New FP & Some Goals for 2017 2016-12-23 21:19:37 Reply

Great news!
and Happy Holidays, everybody! from all of us in AXN :)
it's been a while, but we'll work on uploading some new music for NG soon, likely 'round new years eve.

Free albums every month! Use our stuff in your stuff! Contact us if you need music, voice over, or artwork for your submissions! Our Profile and here's Our Song Library

larrynachos
larrynachos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 23
Musician
Response to New FP & Some Goals for 2017 2016-12-25 10:59:11 Reply

When using the mobile page, it looked all janky. When I requested the desktop site, everything was still on separate lines. And the art features are all scrunched up. I'm on an iPad mini 2.

www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/65ba5e007ade2ebaff91d32f6e78d455

New FP & Some Goals for 2017

Lambtaco
Lambtaco
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to New FP & Some Goals for 2017 2017-01-02 20:33:21 Reply

I'm happy to see these changes coming to the Audio Portal. I've been bitching about this for a while now. It's nice to know someone's listening around here; unlike all that Youtube bullshit.

Easily knowing when and where we can use Audio Portal music is really going to help a lot. No more overused Kevin MacLeod music for me.

It would also help if the AP had a better search system. Maybe something with tags that describe the mood of the music, the emotional tone. Maybe even a way for users to tag music (from a predetermined list as to prevent abuse) because sometimes the uploaders don't bother or aren't especially good at it. It seems to take a very long time to find the right music on the AP compared to other sites.

BBS Signature
Plebbi
Plebbi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to New FP & Some Goals for 2017 2017-03-26 23:12:20 Reply

I love the new clean look on the frontpage and almost everywhere but this still is missing on the Portal page, Community Sub pages and Your Feed. Probably some other pages as well, My guess is that it's going to take some time, I like the clean look because It's 2017 and the "Grunge" graphic one is getting out of date. The clean one with CSS3 minimizing the graphic files is far more slick :)

TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 19
Game Developer
Response to New FP & Some Goals for 2017 2017-03-27 09:57:27 Reply

At 3/26/17 11:12 PM, Plebbi wrote: I love the new clean look on the frontpage and almost everywhere but this still is missing on the Portal page, Community Sub pages and Your Feed. Probably some other pages as well, My guess is that it's going to take some time, I like the clean look because It's 2017 and the "Grunge" graphic one is getting out of date. The clean one with CSS3 minimizing the graphic files is far more slick :)

Does feel unsettling that the front page switched over in December and no new pages have since then. A lot of behind-the-scenes overhauls and changes have been taking place since then, including a redo of the favorites system, massive voting infrastructure changes and new things like the global audio rights management system.

Next page to update will be dumping grounds then most likely user pages and then content view pages. The "Your Feed" section is using the new layout - what are you seeing there that isn't?

Nightmare Cops, the game JohnnyUtah, Spazkid and I have been working on.

BBS Signature
Plebbi
Plebbi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to New FP & Some Goals for 2017 2017-05-16 13:45:24 Reply

At 3/27/17 09:57 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 3/26/17 11:12 PM, Plebbi wrote: I love the new clean look on the frontpage and almost everywhere but this still is missing on the Portal page, Community Sub pages and Your Feed. Probably some other pages as well, My guess is that it's going to take some time, I like the clean look because It's 2017 and the "Grunge" graphic one is getting out of date. The clean one with CSS3 minimizing the graphic files is far more slick :)
Does feel unsettling that the front page switched over in December and no new pages have since then. A lot of behind-the-scenes overhauls and changes have been taking place since then, including a redo of the favorites system, massive voting infrastructure changes and new things like the global audio rights management system.

Next page to update will be dumping grounds then most likely user pages and then content view pages. The "Your Feed" section is using the new layout - what are you seeing there that isn't?

This is strange, when I clicked it last time it gave me the grunge graphic from photoshop and the old style menu bar, although I can not say that look isn't awesome but now that link shows me the new version so there is nothing there that shouldn't be. Sorry I didn't respond earlier, but then again you know what happened ;)