00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GodsPurpose just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Moby's Rant About Trump: Epic?

401 Views | 4 Replies

Moby's Rant About Trump: Epic? 2016-12-18 00:57:21

Was Moby's rant about Trump epic and bold, or just stupid and whiny?

Moby is a DJ/electronic music composer who is also a vegan activist. After Trump won, he composed a letter "addressed to America" entitled: "What the fuck is wrong with you?"

"america,

why are you so afraid of evidence?

you smoke cigarettes,naively believing they won't kill you. you eat garbage, believing it won't make you sick and obese.
 and now you've elected donald trump.

'christians' and family-values voters have en masse helped elect a twice divorced man who openly brags about infidelity and committing sexual assault. 
30% of latinos have helped elect a man who has routinely maligned latinos and called mexicans 'rapists'.
 45% of women have helped elect a man who brags about 'grabbing women by the pussy' and has called women 'pigs' & 'slobs'.
 business-minded middle america has en masse helped elect a man who has led roughly half of his businesses to bankruptcy and lost
close to a billion dollars in 1995 alone.
 and blue collar middle america has en masse helped elect a trust-fund baby who has, over-time, inherited over $600,000,000.00 from his father.

and in the process you've denied the presidency to an experienced and erudite woman whose only shortcoming is being on the receiving end
of a 30 year right-wing smear campaign. 
as a life long progressive i'm supposed to be diplomatic and understanding, but america, what the fuck is wrong with you?
 but then i ask myself, very sadly, why am i surprised?
 this is the same america that eats at burger king and is baffled as to why it ends up obese and cancerous and dying
this is the same america who thinks that granting health care to 20,000,000 people is somehow treasonous.

and this is the america who has now elected a dim-witted, racist, misogynist.
 a dim-witted, racist, misogynist who has ruined businesses and has no policy proposals other than 'build a wall'. 
i guess there will be some cold, bitter schadenfreude in spending the next 4 years watching middle america wake up to the fact
that donald trump is an incompetent con-man.

the rust belt jobs won't come back. the wall won't get built. and hillary won't get locked up.

donald trump will be impeached, or end his presidency with single digit approval ratings.
and hopefully, somehow, america will finally wake up the fact that republicans are, simply, terrible. 
reagan and bush sr. and the republicans ruined the economy, bill clinton and the democrats fixed it. 
george w. bush and the republicans ruined the economy all over again, obama and the democrats fixed it. 
in some baffling, habitual masochism americans keep going back to what's bad for them, whether it's food or political parties.

and the climate will suffer. the inner cities will suffer. children will suffer. animals will suffer. gun deaths will continue to skyrocket.
 we will suffer. all because americans live in this delusional, upside down world wherein they're unwilling to look at evidence.

but here are the facts: 
junk food makes you fat and kills you.
 cigarettes give you cancer.
and donald trump is a racist and a misogynist who has ruined countless businesses and will be the worst president our country has ever, ever seen.

-moby"

Some of the things he is saying are definitely worthy, but some are just questionable. He starts off by criticizing Americans for smoking cigarettes. I thought that was a little odd, seeing as the US has probably one of the lowest smoking rates of any developed country, especially states like California, Utah, Washington, etc. If you go to any Asian or European country, you will notice far more smokers and it's not looked down as much as in some parts of America. Also, the junk food thing is kinda true, but many people around the world eat a lot of junk food and are unhealthy. The fast food concept is also an American idea, so he gets points for that.

But it's just an anti-Trump rant, which we've seen much of before, but it has merit. I think he doesn't understand many Americans voted for Trump because they wanted something new and different and that felt beneficial. While I'm not a Trump fan myself, it's not hard to see why many Americans, especially those in middle America and people living in the country, would like Trump. Trump has said vulgar things and many of those who voted for Trump probably didn't even like him but thought he was better than Clinton.

And I don't see how the climate would suffer because of Trump, but I'm not the most educated on climate change, and I don't see how "children would suffer" as a result of Trump in office.

Response to Moby's Rant About Trump: Epic? 2016-12-18 08:05:16

Wah wah wah, more whiney bitching from a bunch of childish libtards.

I love how there was all this concern over whether Trump would accept the election results, and now Hillary and the entire libtard camp is trying to either overthrow the electoral college or push it to vote their way.

YOU LOST, GET OVER IT!!! If this were Trump the media would be blasting him for being a sore loser and classless.

Response to Moby's Rant About Trump: Epic? 2016-12-18 08:34:51

At 12/18/16 08:11 AM, INDINDIND wrote: Those fucking Americans and their cigarettes.

Screw dat.

Response to Moby's Rant About Trump: Epic? 2016-12-18 09:53:11

A long-winded diatribe from someone who has been nearly irrelevant for the last 5 years or so, nothing says I'm desperate for attention than hopping on the celebrity bandwagon of "Donald Trump is bad and everyone who voted for them is bad" line of thinking, and it really is getting kind of annoying.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Moby's Rant About Trump: Epic? 2016-12-18 10:19:33

The fact that Moby thinks that him finding things offensive only makes me want to do them more.

I think I might have some cigarettes and butter left. Pour some salt and sugar on'em and have'em for breakfast.

This is a song about death. It's on mandolin.

Hate is the first step to all solutions.

You will not end bigotry until you learn to hate it.

BBS Signature