00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mangoneNG just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

i have an idea, but im worried...

587 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

i have an idea, but im worried... 2016-12-14 17:24:20

ok, let me start over, there was a point in time when i felt so inspired that for that moment i felt that animation might have been my ideal passion, things happened....and now i feel like a former shell of myself.

but there is a piece of an idea that i still cling to, a concept that i believe, done properly can maybe turn my life around...or at the very least, once its complete that i may be able to feel better about myself.

this is something i want to attempt, dispite the fact i may be very inexperienced when it comes to art. the idea of seeing one of my visions come to life sounds like a dream come true. but i still have doubts.

''what if people dont like what i make?'

''is this a waste of my time?"

im terribly sorry. i hope i didnt post in the wrong forum section.

My idea???

i was trying to at least create a short animation inspired by the music genre "new jack swing'' and very influenced by anime to portray a sense of drama.

the character you see here is one of my own. i had hoped to make something with them...but for now, they remain in a folder somewhere...

Response to i have an idea, but im worried... 2016-12-14 17:29:02

Making a commitment to follow through on a huge project is scary. Dont think of it as an all or nothing thing, just make slow strides, dont give into doubt and fear. Easier said than done I know, it's something I'm working on myself. Best of luck.

Response to i have an idea, but im worried... 2016-12-15 13:09:49

At 12/14/16 05:24 PM, circuitbreak905 wrote: ok, let me start over, there was a point in time when i felt so inspired that for that moment i felt that animation might have been my ideal passion, things happened....and now i feel like a former shell of myself.

but there is a piece of an idea that i still cling to, a concept that i believe, done properly can maybe turn my life around...or at the very least, once its complete that i may be able to feel better about myself.

this is something i want to attempt, dispite the fact i may be very inexperienced when it comes to art. the idea of seeing one of my visions come to life sounds like a dream come true. but i still have doubts.

im terribly sorry. i hope i didnt post in the wrong forum section.

My idea???

i was trying to at least create a short animation inspired by the music genre "new jack swing'' and very influenced by anime to portray a sense of drama.

the character you see here is one of my own. i had hoped to make something with them...but for now, they remain in a folder somewhere...

give it a shot! there's literally nothing to be afraid of. you start making it and if you don't have fun, you can stop whenever, no pressure. if you enjoy it, keep going. if it doesn't turn out as good as you hoped but you enjoyed the process, just try again with another project. nobody's expecting perfection on your first one!
(and no, its definitely not a waste of time- you'll learn something either way, whether you're happy doing it or not. you may learn that you don't like it, in which case the time hasn't been wasted, but you simply learned quickly that you don't enjoy the process, which would be better to know sooner than spend years agonizing over only to find out 10 years down the line when you start that all the stress was for nothing since you didn't enjoy it anyway). so don't postpone, start now and let us know how it goes!

Response to i have an idea, but im worried... 2016-12-15 14:30:15

this is something i want to attempt, dispite the fact i may be very inexperienced when it comes to art.

Making art is how you gain experience for making more art. Don't worry so much about how it will affect other people. It's something you want to do so do it; simple as that.

Smarty Art, Ninja, Action

BBS Signature

Everyone starts somewhere. Nobody here on this site was born with a pencil in their hand(something that quite a few here have forgotten about.)
Developing a new project can be an overwhelming task, we should know as we are developing a new series "Yinhe` Max" from scratch, but perseverance pays off, so keep at it.

No matter what you create there will be those who don't like it, so don't create something just to gain the approval of others, do it for you. Art is subjective, so is animation. if they don't like it piss on them, they are entitled to their shitty opion.

Only if you think it is. If you don't think that way then by all means move forward on it. cause you never know what you can do or become until you try.

My idea???

Nice rough in keep up the good work.
Give it a try, cause you never know where something will take you. Best with your project.

Response to i have an idea, but im worried... 2016-12-18 12:31:57

Agreed with everyone, but one thing I'll add that I think will be vital to wether you complete this project or not is this: detachment from what people think.

I know it's much easier said than done, but if you depend on feedback and approval to be moving forward, trust me, you'll never get it. And I know because I'm very much motivated by positive feedback, but when it comes to animation, it's a slow craft that requires much skill. Which means that you'll be putting months to years in before you can get a remotely good looking product of your efforts. Which means that, for a very long time (enough to get used to depending on intrinsic motivation), you can't depend on approval. Which isn't to say you can't get support and that it doesn't go a long way, but I only say this because I suffered a very long time being unable to create because I didn't feel motivated enough by external factors.

It's a difficult process because you can't really know exactly how much you're improving in this aspect, but it's so important for independent artists or personal projects in general. We don't have a salary to keep us working nor a fanbase to keep us accountable because, well, we don't have a finished product yet to show anyone. What I've personally been doing to try and keep sharp is finding different podcasts and YouTube videos on being an artist and motivation and all of these more subjective aspects of the field. It's been helping quite a bit! And it's definitely something you have to constantly do - remind yourself of the benefits of the work, its value, why you're spending hours on end without any kind of reward yet.

Good luck!

Response to i have an idea, but im worried... 2016-12-18 13:05:19

At 12/14/16 05:24 PM, circuitbreak905 wrote: ok, let me start over, there was a point in time when i felt so inspired that for that moment i felt that animation might have been my ideal passion, things happened....and now i feel like a former shell of myself.

Do what you can. In other words...

JUST DO IT!

Just because I had a bad past here doesn’t mean that I am forever bad. A man can change.

At 12/18/16 01:05 PM, troPSDNUORGWEN wrote:
Do what you can. In other words...

JUST DO IT!

I agree.

Word Game Enthusiast | Words with Friends Gosu | Scrabble Sympathizer

BBS Signature