00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Coheed23 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Radio and Revenue

1,097 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Radio and Revenue 2016-12-06 19:05:24

I was just wondering if it's possible to get your music onto commercial and non-commercial radios while still having an NG account. Don't you need to be sponsored to do so? Can you have a record label and still have NG? I really want to try seeing if I can get my music onto the radio but I'm worried that NG will ruin that chance.

Also I was wondering if you can have a record label and still have and own an NG account.
Last question I want to ask is how revenue works on the site.

Response to Radio and Revenue 2016-12-07 05:09:58

At 12/6/16 07:05 PM, WasderNoob-MatiasSWA wrote: I was just wondering if it's possible to get your music onto commercial and non-commercial radios while still having an NG account. Don't you need to be sponsored to do so? Can you have a record label and still have NG? I really want to try seeing if I can get my music onto the radio but I'm worried that NG will ruin that chance.

Also I was wondering if you can have a record label and still have and own an NG account.
Last question I want to ask is how revenue works on the site.

You can. I mean, two of my tracks were played by the BBC. I didn't need sponsorship for that.

I don't see how having a record label and having NG will clash. I mean, there are a good number of people here who have, or are part of, indie record labels or who have set them up in the course of being a member here. What would make you think that anyway?

Revenue works through ad clicks. You get paymeny from ads on the side of your userpage, your audio page, and especially a game or movie, if your audio has made it in. The last of the three methods I mentioned above is often the most lucrative.

Response to Radio and Revenue 2016-12-08 13:04:20

Thanks! I tried BBC and the postcode always says incorrect...
I was thinking that you can't have a record label and NG at the same time because I allow download of my music and crap so yeah...