00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

lbkush just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

college sucks and this is why

1,780 Views | 33 Replies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc4gv2X4VmM

Is it true? does college just rip you off and brainwash you?

filler text

Response to college sucks and this is why 2016-12-06 16:19:14

At 12/6/16 04:17 PM, GrizzlyOne wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc4gv2X4VmM

Keep it to one forum, dude. You made the same thread in the Politics forum.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to college sucks and this is why 2016-12-06 16:22:23

At 12/6/16 04:19 PM, DeftonesFan665 wrote:
At 12/6/16 04:17 PM, GrizzlyOne wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc4gv2X4VmM

Keep it to one forum, dude. You made the same thread in the Politics forum.

nobody replied to that one because its an inactive board and it fits more in general, anyways.

filler text

Response to college sucks and this is why 2016-12-06 16:30:55

College is overpriced and all, and drowning in student debts suck. However, no, no one is being brainwashed in college despite anti-intellectuals on the right trying to make it seem that way.

Response to college sucks and this is why 2016-12-06 18:57:51

At 12/6/16 04:30 PM, vannila-guerilla wrote: College is overpriced and all, and drowning in student debts suck. However, no, no one is being brainwashed in college despite anti-intellectuals on the right trying to make it seem that way.

Lots of those conspiracy theorists on the right have this idea that colleges are controlled institutions by the government. That shit makes me lol.

Response to college sucks and this is why 2016-12-06 19:15:37

I'm trying to come up with something witty about how he needs braces but I ain't got nothin'.

This post will actually appear at the bottom of this page.

BBS Signature

Response to college sucks and this is why 2016-12-06 19:25:06

I couldn't have gotten the job I have today without a college degree (required for a commission in the USAF). I have student loans and they do kinda suck, but I think people are generally unaware that when you graduate you get to choose your repayment schedule. The standard is a 10 year repayment plan which is what I'm on, but you can also get on a plan that limits the amount you pay to a certain percentage of your income (somewhere around 10%), and after 25 years they forgive them, so if you really get nothing out of your degree and can't get a job that pays much its not like your entire income is going to go to repaying the loans.

Those who do not learn from the mistakes of their past are doomed to repeat them.

Response to college sucks and this is why 2016-12-06 22:19:19

College is certainly designed to drain you of as much money as possible, but it only sucks if you do the bare minimum amount of effort to graduate without and don't make any social ties. The most important thing to do is connect with professors and your fellow students in the likelihood that they can hook you up with a decent job or place to gain experience.

Colleges aren't made to brainwash people. Take your tinfoil hat off.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to college sucks and this is why 2016-12-06 22:25:34

I just wish college wasn't priced as heavily as it is. I understand why it would be expensive, but HOLY SHIT the prices of your average college is just jaw-dropping. Way beyond necessary in my opinion.

Response to college sucks and this is why 2016-12-06 22:50:50

As you grow up and prepare to become an adult, it's all about giving yourself as many possibilities as possible. It's about reaching that stage in your life where you have to set off on your own, and having as many potential paths to choose from as possible.

The reasons for this are two-fold: (1) You probably don't really know what you want to do with your life in highschool, or even during your college years - so it's important to have as many options available to you as possible, so you can try different things and see what works for you; and (2) the more possible paths you have to choose from, the greater your chance to have a successful life (whether you define "success" via wealth, power, an easy work-life balance, etc.)

And it is undeniable that college, while a financial risk, opens up more paths for you to choose from than a non-college career path. So I always recommend going to college - because it opens more doors for you.

Sig by BlueHippo / User Icon by CosmicDeath.

BBS Signature

Response to college sucks and this is why 2016-12-07 00:47:59

*watch later as mike thompson

seriously, already knew this, why spend 100000 dollars to learna bout some shitty molecules when i could spen 10000 hours learning about something useful???? and make money at the same time at a j ob

Response to college sucks and this is why 2016-12-07 01:36:03

At 12/6/16 06:57 PM, mothballs wrote:
At 12/6/16 04:30 PM, vannila-guerilla wrote: College is overpriced and all, and drowning in student debts suck. However, no, no one is being brainwashed in college despite anti-intellectuals on the right trying to make it seem that way.
Lots of those conspiracy theorists on the right have this idea that colleges are controlled institutions by the government. That shit makes me lol.

Most of them have never been to college. They just believe whatever Breitshart, Infowhores, or Faux News tells them to believe and they go with it. The ironic part is how cult like the conspiracy theorists are. They believe anyone who tells them everyone else is lying to them and they believe whatever the fast talking conspiracist says to them.

Response to college sucks and this is why 2016-12-07 01:39:43

Who allowed that little boy to film himself driving a vehicle? The lack of parental supervision and the dangers he's creating on the road are unacceptable.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to college sucks and this is why 2016-12-07 02:12:01

At 12/7/16 01:36 AM, vannila-guerilla wrote: Breitshart, Infowhores, or Faux News

lol

Response to college sucks and this is why 2016-12-07 10:39:53

Academia is one of if not the greatest sancuary of goodness and free thought on Earth.

I carry your heart. I carry it in my heart.

BBS Signature

Response to college sucks and this is why 2016-12-07 14:07:27

At 12/7/16 10:36 AM, Hoodie wrote: The longer I go to college, the less I have to actually work though.

This man gets it, he gets the greater picture, he thinks outside the box!

KILL HIM!

BBS Signature

Response to college sucks and this is why 2016-12-07 22:44:52

At 12/7/16 02:04 AM, Zornuzkull wrote:
Now I remember why I dropped out the air of condescension was so thick I could cut it with a butter knife...

Nope, not being condescending here. I don't think I'm superior to anyone. Conspiracy theorists truly are gullible, bitter, paranoid and angry. It's that simple. Fox News stretches the truth, but Alex Jones and the people at Breitshart just constantly make stuff up and pass it off as truth. Right now Alex Jones is claiming the government is trying to shut down Infowars. You think that it's condescending to point out what an attention whoring idiot he is?

Response to college sucks and this is why 2016-12-07 23:23:20

At 12/7/16 10:39 AM, Ghoti wrote: Academia is one of if not the greatest sancuary of goodness and free thought on Earth.

Then why are they trying to pull back on free thought in order to appease a small group of people? IIRC, Academia (which I would assume in including 4 year college) was supposed to be about challenging people's worldview, or at the very least looking at the world from a different perspective while determining your future. Unfortunately, there seems to be a growing movement of SJW-based reactions to those of a different race, religion, sexuality and the like and how should they protected almost to a level of absurdity, and in the process, defeat a college's said purpose.

Before anyone gets the wrong idea, I'm not advocating outright discrimination or make any racial or sexual minority chased out of any campus, but the idea of safe spaces, trigger warnings and the like on college campuses is at best simply asking for trouble and political correctness that is running unchecked at worst. While I do believe that a lot of the criticism of things like safe spaces is at times exaggerated, (purely for the sake of mockery) it doesn't mean that this shouldn't be at least addressed seriously.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to college sucks and this is why 2016-12-08 07:23:01

At 12/6/16 07:14 PM, FastbootsZA wrote: College does not suck, it actually helps you get a better career and more money

^^^^This.

I went to college in order to get a degree and to learn what it's like to live away from home. It did me a world of good. The job I have didn't require a degree, but I was explained that without it, someone else would have gotten the job.

College isn't a status symbol, graduating is proof that you can get your priorities straight.

What I wonder is do these people who are dead set against college and furthering your education realize that your doctors, nurses, accountants, teachers, physical therapists, mechanics, airplane pilots, and a whole lot of other occupations got to where they were through hard work and a good education.

Birds Born in a cage think Flying is an illness - Alejandro Jodorowsky

BBS Signature

Response to college sucks and this is why 2016-12-08 08:00:16

I can understand why it would seem like a big deal. For me personally considering I was a self destructive teenager finishing high school and going to university was probably one of the best things I did with my life.

The education system is slightly different down here. History, maths and English aren't compulsory to a course unless you're doing a degree that directly involves them. Such as journalism, law, engineering, computing, science etc.

Same with gender studies, universities were smart enough to make sure that you had to be enrolled in a bachelor of arts course that deals with sexuality in order for gender studies to be compulsory.

From watching that video it certainly sounds like your education system is kinda stupid

Response to college sucks and this is why 2016-12-08 18:54:07

At 12/8/16 04:21 AM, Zornuzkull wrote:
I think it's condescending to assume that all conspiracy theorists are on the right of the political spectrum i know plenty of lefties who don a tin foil hat on occasion...

I agree with you, it is condescending to assume all conspiracy theorists are on the right. Thankfully I don't assume that, nor did I say anything that would suggest that. The anti-college conspiracists are overwhelmingly right wing, however. That is actually the truth and is the discussion at hand.

Response to college sucks and this is why 2016-12-09 00:04:11

At 12/8/16 08:31 AM, INDINDIND wrote: There's something I hate about people who go to university.

Maybe because they near universally look down upon people who don't go.

Maybe because it's created a completely useless class of intellectuals.

Maybe because it's one step removed from stealing gov bux to fund a four year vacation.

I'd hardly call it a 4-year vacation. I don't look down on people that don't go to college but when they start acting like they're super cool and successful for being uneducated and working a dead end job for the rest of their lives while living with their parents, that's when I laugh at them.

Response to college sucks and this is why 2016-12-09 00:25:36

At 12/9/16 12:21 AM, INDINDIND wrote: Everyone says that, but when shit hits the fan, anyone less educated than you is a fucking idiot who can't tie their shoes.

I'm speaking from experience here and I don't know you, but the people I've met in my life have been cunts about this.

Alright, I'll confess, there's a lot of moments where I automatically think I'm smarter and more educated than someone who hasn't went to college. But that doesn't mean there's not a lot of people who have went to college and are still fucking idiots. I just think the whole world as a majority are idiots, what can I say.

Response to college sucks and this is why 2016-12-09 00:42:20

I'm going to college for music and art when i graduate high school

Response to college sucks and this is why 2016-12-09 00:43:38

At 12/8/16 08:14 AM, VLStaticFire wrote: College is were all the country / states when your a teenager or young adult, well i've been to collage since i was 16 or 17.

College is pretty awesome like i use to go there, also i'm work so hard.

I know it's a little bit suck but also i've been here too many times.

"It's a little bit suck"
That just made my day XD

17 years old kid talking about college.

get outta here

Notice how it's people that didn't go to university / college who think it sucks. Yet, everything you learn in class makes you a more useful member of society. and I'm not talking about degrees. You get much smarter and wiser. Ain't that the whole point? It's not only about money and degrees. It's about growing into something you couldn't achieve without your teachers, your lessons, your tests.

But, by any means, drop out. We're always going to need wrappers, cashiers and clerks.

Response to college sucks and this is why 2016-12-09 09:08:48

Higher Education is truly necessary for the society and civilization to evolve, especially since we'll never get to the Sci-Fi future that we desire unless we build it. And many people who make that possible are, in fact, people who went to college (with the few exceptions like Bill Gates and the other famous college dropouts who were simply too smart for it at the time).

But the real problem is how fucked up the US college education has become, with seemingly unreasonable prices and leftard SJW agendas being just a few problems that plague it. If it wasn't for the leftists fucking it up, we wouldn't have that many right-wingers bashing college.

And another problem is the abundance of useless degrees. There might be a few dozen people with degrees in Gender Studies or Liberal Arts that land themselves into jobs like reporters of that field or just replacement college professors that teach that to the next "generation" of professors, and so on, just for the sake of teaching it perpetually. But do you imagine the other >90% of them doing anything other than flipping burgers and serving overpriced liquid shit in a local Starfucks for a living? I don't.

At 12/8/16 08:31 AM, INDINDIND wrote:

Damn communist. People like you are the reason why some African dictatorships, Boko Haram and North Korea still exist.

Here's a "metal" track to add some edginess to my little shitpost >:D

At 12/9/16 02:28 AM, Loki wrote:
But, by any means, drop out. We're always going to need wrappers, cashiers and clerks.

Unless that was sarcasm, I find that statement a little ironic considering all the automation that is growing more and more widespread lately, thanks to the educated people, such as programmers and engineers.

Another decade or two, and delivery boys outside, I dunno, the Kibera slum and other economical shitholes will become obsolete, along with loads upon loads of other low-end jobs.

If Friendship is truly Magic, then I'm little more than a muggle in this regard...

Response to college sucks and this is why 2016-12-09 12:53:18

At 12/9/16 09:08 AM, AoiShinigami wrote: Another decade or two, and delivery boys outside, I dunno, the Kibera slum and other economical shitholes will become obsolete, along with loads upon loads of other low-end jobs.

Indeed. I weep for the plebs who will lose all sense of identity.

(Not really, I don't)

Response to college sucks and this is why 2016-12-09 14:59:02

At 12/7/16 01:59 AM, Sensationalism wrote: Somebody's mad he didn't get accepted into college.

Bingo!

What I find tends to be the case:

People who are biased against the college-educated tend to lack the requisite intelligence to get into college in the first place. Or they barely got in and flunked out.

Just like people who complain about IQ tests most likely scored low on some IQ test and/or are bad at math and thus love to argue that they're invalid measures of intelligence. They're valid as all hell. A high score on an IQ test does indeed mean a high intelligence. And a low score does indicate failing in intelligence, at least in the kinds of intelligence measured.

Here's a fine example

At 12/8/16 08:31 AM, INDINDIND wrote: There's something I hate about people who go to university.

Maybe because they near universally look down upon people who don't go.

Actually, the exact opposite. People who didn't attend university are highly likely to be biased against those who did. You're jealous. Get over it.

As opposed to the extremely numerous useless idiots in the world? If anything we could use more intellectuals, not fewer. Although be sure to tell your doctor/physician/surgeon that he/she is just a useless intellectual. Same thing with your lawyer if you ever need one. Or any other professional, for that matter. Go ahead and stop using computers altogether because many college-educated contribute(d) to the hardware and software you use. Anything that requires any kind of science or engineering, just go ahead and stop using, because clearly you believe those who are behind these things are useless intellectuals.

Maybe because it's one step removed from stealing gov bux to fund a four year vacation.

Says someone who never attended (and likely never even got accepted into nor ever would be accepted into any) college in his life. You have absolutely no idea what college is like. If you'd been, which you clearly haven't, you would retract those words so fast.

The only people for whom college is a vacation are those who flunk out, because you're not gonna finish out your degree if you're a complete dumbass about things. Also keep in mind not everyone who gets into college graduates.

Also I love how you say "stealing gov bux" when a large portion of the expenses are paid by the students themselves, and the only "gov bux" you might get are if you are awarded a scholarship of some sort and/or a grant, generally for meritorious things like excelling in your studies in high school rather than being a doofus. Loans have to be paid back at huge expense, so that's not "free money".

9/10 says you didn't even graduate high school nor even have a GED, judging by how biased against the college-educated you are.

Also 9/10 says you're on some kind of government assistance yourself, thus making you the ultimate hypocrite, if I am correct.

/Roasted

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to college sucks and this is why 2016-12-09 16:09:18

College does not brainwash you. College is a place where you go to have your ideas challenged. When you change your mind about something as a result of your time in class, you're learning, not being brainwashed.

fuk

BBS Signature