00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Da-Birb just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Good Board Games?

2,246 Views | 22 Replies

Good Board Games? 2016-12-01 02:40:12

What are some of your favorites? I love any type, but board games never really got the love they deserved. I think that's changing as of late, though.

Response to Good Board Games? 2016-12-01 02:55:27 (edited 2016-12-01 02:55:37)

Clue, Don't Wake Daddy, Monopoly, Battleship, and Candyland.

Response to Good Board Games? 2016-12-01 12:18:40

Axis and Allies. WW2 like Risk.

Good Board Games?

Response to Good Board Games? 2016-12-01 12:20:43

PC master race. Bettur than inferior cardboard gayme.

Huheuhuehhuehueheu

Response to Good Board Games? 2016-12-01 12:23:46

This is the old version of Axis and Allies.

Good Board Games?

Response to Good Board Games? 2016-12-01 15:42:26

One of my Favourites is called, "FRAG."
It's real fun with two or more friends.
The more players the more hectic it gets.

Good Board Games?

Let us wallow in the filth of the void clinging to one another.

Formerly Schizo-sephy.

Response to Good Board Games? 2016-12-01 18:47:02

I forgot to mention Scramble. There are a lot of decent board games really.

Response to Good Board Games? 2016-12-01 19:29:54

At 12/1/16 02:55 AM, DragonLimbo wrote: Candyland.

Are you serious? That is the most generic "roll the dice and durr-hurr" game of all time. There is literally zero skill or strategy or even intelligence involved. It's not even a good game for kids -- Memory is a much better game for kids for example.

There's lots of good games, but also most would be too obscure, so I'll stick with well-knowns.

Chess is probably one of the most well-known and popular board games of all time.
Scrabble is good. It encourages good vocabulary. Unfortunately it depends who you play with as to the quality of the game.
Jenga, while not technically a "board game" but I get the feeling "board game" was meant more as a catch-all for "game which is not a video game nor a physical sport". It at least requires some thought as to which piece to take.
Guess Who? Is quite good *if* you replace the pictures with other pictures (but just make sure they're the same for both sides) -- the primary problem with it as-is is there are too few people matching certain traits, so it can easily be gamed that way

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Good Board Games? 2016-12-01 20:07:59

At 12/1/16 07:29 PM, NeonSpider wrote:
Are you serious? That is the most generic "roll the dice and durr-hurr" game of all time.

What dice?

Response to Good Board Games? 2016-12-01 20:32:07

At 12/1/16 08:07 PM, DragonLimbo wrote:
Are you serious? That is the most generic "roll the dice and durr-hurr" game of all time.
What dice?

Okay so you use a spinner or you pick up cards depending on the version/variation of the game you're playing. So what? Same point. That being it is entirely chance-only and among the most brainless games of all time.

It's not even good for a kid's game, since there are far better kid's games out there -- ones which actually do reward intellect. Memory is a great kid's game for example, as is Guess Who? Both games require at least some thinking (or at least reward for it).

Response to Good Board Games? 2016-12-02 09:17:27

Monopoly, Ticket To Ride, San Fransisco, Settlers of Catan, Sequence, Scrabble, Othello, Chess, Battle Ships, Carcassonne, Risk... probably those, mostly.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Good Board Games? 2016-12-02 17:27:57

At 12/2/16 09:33 AM, hyperrobotz16 wrote: You probably think Poker is entirely chance only too

You f#cking imbecile

Comparing Candyland with Poker -- you're either trolling or you've gone full retard.

I'll just go ahead and assume you have an intelligence quotient below 50 unless you prove otherwise.

Also lol the only "two" people saying Candyland are you and DragonLimbo. I'll just assume you're both the same person and you're lame enough to feel the need to jump in with alts to "agree" with yourself.

Also lol at "censoring". What's the matter? If the word fuck or fucking appears does it trigger the protection software set up on your parent's computer and lock you out from using "computer time" ? Oops!

Response to Good Board Games? 2016-12-02 19:44:02

Two games I grew up on, Hero Quest and Atmosfear. Hero Quest is basically simplified D & D. Atmosfear is a game where you play as monsters interacting with a video gatekeeper. The first I had was a visit, which, yes, got repetitive. Later I got a version on DVD where somehow they had a bunch of different randomly spewing tracks that kept the game play random.

A game I've been enjoying lately is Gloom. It's a card game, which counts. You have a family of characters and the goal is to steep misery on your own characters and kill them with as many points as possible, while thwarting the other players trying to do the same. I got the Lovecraft edition for extra weird misery.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to Good Board Games? 2016-12-02 20:31:21

Board games aren't really my cup of tea.

Fuck the mainstream.

Response to Good Board Games? 2016-12-03 01:28:06

Sorry, Catan, Candy Land

Response to Good Board Games? 2016-12-03 01:46:03

I play Risk, Tokaido and Ticket to Ride with my group.
Ticket to Ride is especially fun if you like the pain it often brings.

As for digital board games, we like playing 100% Orange Juice. It's like Mario Party, but with 1000% more salt.

BBS Signature

Response to Good Board Games? 2016-12-03 01:58:38

Stratego. You've got simple rules but endless customizability.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to Good Board Games? 2016-12-03 07:09:51

At 12/3/16 06:34 AM, hyperrobotz16 wrote: Nope you just seem clueless

Full retard it is then.

My IQ is like 5 million

Confirmed for sub-50 IQ.

Pretty pathetic assumption

What's more pathetic is actually making alt accounts just to "agree" with yourself because no one else will.

Youre the one whos so mad about a childrens game

I'm the one who's "mad" yet you're the one who is censoring "cuss" words. Uh-huh. Grow up, kid.

The irony is burning my retinas

Your retinas are probably burning due to looking directly at the sun due to insufficient intellect.

Response to Good Board Games? 2016-12-03 12:01:33

I enjoy Clue, Monopoly, Deadwood, Catan, PANDEMIC, and Carcassonne.

Those who do not learn from the mistakes of their past are doomed to repeat them.

Response to Good Board Games? 2016-12-11 01:51:23

At 12/1/16 08:32 PM, NeonSpider wrote:
At 12/1/16 08:07 PM, DragonLimbo wrote:
What dice?
Okay so you use a spinner or you pick up cards depending on the version/variation of the game you're playing. So what? Same point. That being it is entirely chance-only and among the most brainless games of all time.

It's not even good for a kid's game, since there are far better kid's games out there -- ones which actually do reward intellect. Memory is a great kid's game for example, as is Guess Who? Both games require at least some thinking (or at least reward for it).

A lot of board games are chance heavy. Sorry having simple fun equates to being brainless.
I was just pointing out that you were wrong about it using dice. If you don't enjoy it, then that's fine, but there's nothing wrong with Candyland.

And yes, I am serious that I fucking enjoy Candyland, but I guess in your eyes that automatically makes me retarded or something.

Response to Good Board Games? 2017-12-02 02:43:30 (edited 2017-12-02 02:44:11)

I like Jenga!

Hi, I'm Eri! Loving Management, Office, Kissing and Escape Games. Working for MyHub, an intranet provider from New Zealand.

Response to Good Board Games? 2017-12-02 02:45:41

My favorite is - who would have guessed it - Scrabble. :)
But I like playing board games in general, no matter what's on the table. So I am always up for a match of Monopoly, Risk, etc. as well.

Word Game Enthusiast | Words with Friends Gosu | Scrabble Sympathizer

BBS Signature

Response to Good Board Games? 2017-12-02 09:06:54

Wrath of Ashardalon. It's a D&D board game. You play against the game, so it's possible to play it alone. It's also pretty damn hard, so maybe you want to tone done the difficulty a bit and change some of the rules of the game according to your liking.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38