00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MovementalStudio just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Circle of Flames

417 Views | 1 Reply
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Circle of Flames 2016-11-29 16:24:05

Emily: "all around me is a circle flame of pain. All the children whimper in the streets at night. Ghosts of the undead roam the streets and my living room every night. I am surrounded by death and decay. I am beginning to become one with it all."

Leo: "I see a house, its garden a colorful sight. The house has a chimney operating day and night. Always burning fuel, busily crafting a warm and comfortable blanket for its owners. I have the urge to go inside and ask these people what it is like to have money. What is being rich really like?"

Peter: "you have all stopped in time. You are waiting for the final countdown. For a game show finale to trigger your rise to fame. I am done waiting patiently for my consciousness to rise. I will find a way to keep the expansion moving. I must rest, I have had no time for rest as I busily handle my 5 class semester. There is a rip in the space time continuum which allows for ruthless distortion of our pasts."

Joseph: "our pasts can not be fully understood, not without connecting to the astral realm. If the connection is made, you might get a clue of what your past lives have been like. You could be paying for a karmic act of chaos committed in a life you don't remember living."

Ginny: "and to what do I owe this past life? What lessons can I learn when I don't see how many of my lives have ended in satisfaction or dissatisfaction. Do I ever find my way out of this crippling void of sadness? Has it been digesting me through time and space for millennia? This black cloud solidly swarming my soul, following me wherever I go. I sit only because I can not fight it. How does one defend themselves from an invisible force of destruction?"

Leo: "Not to distract you from your current crisis, but why not learn how to protect yourself viscerally. Find a spell book. Or ask God for his help. Find something that works in accordance to the force you are fighting. You won't beat it alone."

Emily: "the dead has come to life. The undead have swarmed our cities into mayhem. We live in a scrambled effort now to stay alive amongst the collapse of civilization."

Joseph: "and we live as we evolved to do. Hunting like we were bred instinctively to asset. I am very good at catching my prey. My stalking abilities know no weaknesses. But the zombies, they too could be walking idly so close by that it's a wonder they didn't smell your fear. Seated behind this tree, I hide from the slow moving corpse that hungers to feast upon my flesh."

Peter: "what was at one moment a normal time in my petty existence, my school semester suddenly lost priority to the unexpected apocalypse. I never thought I'd see the day that everyone just went insane and destroyed everything in a desperate attempt to save themselves and humanity as a whole."

Ginny: "still I wonder how I am not one of the undead, because this world has shaped my mind into this numb, darkening stare. I can not process the shock of what has occurred. I live in denial of what is going on. I don't want to know. Spare me the details and the horrors. But if you don't, then how will I know what it takes to survive?"

Leo: "this was something of a daydream in my childhood. Now that it's happening, I don't believe it could have come at a worse time. With depression knocking on my door, I must now handle this existential crisis while being thrust back into the food chain like the wild tends to have. We have reconnected to our reptilian beastly brains as we aim to fight or flight in a variety of ways multiple times a day."

Emily: "though I am alone at night, I couldn't help but wonder how romantic this cosmic suffering all around us is. How beautiful that life has reached its stage of ending. How graceful that it would be our own species that collapsed inward on itself as it tried to expand. How silly of us to have foolishly believed we were Gods. The true Gods have answered to our troubles. 'This is what you get. This is what you deserve.' I throw my hands up to God, asking that he spare mercy upon my soul. Just don't make my death a painful one. That is all I ask."

Peter: "I find it harder and harder to stay alive with epach passing day of dullness and decay and hiding and scrambling for food and water. I hate each moment. I feel more lost than I ever have. I have one duty and that is to stay alive. But for what? Why can't I just allow myself to die? Why feel guilty about ending it when there is nothing in this world to look forward to anymore. Just sadness and grief, piling one on top of the other again and again repeatedly for thousands of cycles each day. I can't look away. I see it all as clear as death's scythe. Something is coming. It's been following me."

Joseph: "there is a certain strength that it takes for one to decide to die. There is a relief of all the fears that await you in your future. Just an easy passing from this world back into the dizzying consequential astral plane."

Ginny: "where can I find love in this apocalyptic landscape? What will fill my hearts desire in this barren new world in hiding? I knew I was destined to solitude, but maybe the comfort of Jesus Christ will save some of that. I am putting my faith on the only person I can think of that I can trust. Whether he can hear me or not, he's the only one I could trust to forgive me no matter what."

Leo: "I can not trust the moon to help guide me this time. The North Star also seems to have vanished from the vast blackened sky deep into the night. Wherever the Sun sets is wherever I am to stay until the next dawn. I am fueled to live only by a repulsion to death. I will survive solely on the dignity of good classy behaviors. I will try to be kind to myself, but when one mistake could butcher me slowly, I am inclined to follow my deeper knowledge of survival."

Emily: "it appears there's hope. Amongst the dead landscape there is still the bright morning Sun. I still have my life and my health. Gratitude is not far from my reach. That I can live to survive another day in a world where so many were trapped before they ever had a chance. I pride myself in my survival skills. I take great comfort in working independently."

Peter: "in misery I answer to the Gods. Why have you let me die like this? Was I not your adorn creation? I weep for the purity of our species. There was still innocence alive before you came down and snatched it all away. The ignorance wasn't bliss, there were so many people dedicated to making this world a better place. Now they must all suffer as consequence to the sins of their fellow man. Why can't you spare me Almighty Sparer?"

Joseph: "once you realize your time was never promised, your happiness was never taken away from you. You took your own happiness away, with your addiction to materialism and disconnection from the true sound voice you have to share. You take no risks and lay splendidly out on the shore where the undead have yet to overtake. I will be your companion through this dark time. I will hold you and guide you through the end of times. There is a peace between us, leveling up. I cannot save you, I can only love you. To call you to be mine, I must first establish my trust."

Ginny: "it appears loneliness eventually fades with time. I now have no desire to have someone love me. In fact, I don't think I could love anyone right now. Still I wait in shock for the massacres to end. Hidden in a field, my eyes are drawing colors from unknown wavelengths. I am distant from the stars but present to the ocean waves beneath the skin of my chest. Oh how the emotions collide. Oh how I have lost what semblance of self control I ever had. Sanity appears to be losing its grip. I laugh at the darkness. I found a little doll on the ground and have kept its ragged form as a good luck charm. Or perhaps an imaginary friend."

BBS Signature

Response to Circle of Flames 2016-11-29 16:24:30

Leo: "where is God now anyway? Is he somewhere far away, waiting for death to take all of us that he supposedly carved in his image? Why give up again on your chosen species of free will? This eternity of hell on earth is a sign that things in paradise might be a little hard to sell to me. Are we to sit on clouds and play tunes on a flute to you as you sit on your throne? With a giant white beard and a long stick to help him walk, God will sigh at these things I think and continue to bless me with the breathing hope of existence."

Emily: "they took my son. Snatched him from my grip as I fled through the woods. Being eaten alive saved mama's life, because it distracted the two monsters long enough to allow me to hide. I cried loudly into my shirt to quiet the deafening screech of pain in my soul. Goodbye my son. I wish I could show you when you are lonely or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. But now I can barely feel your ghost, encircling me as if a protector. So young yet so wise, an old soul spirit gathered around and split into my consciousness. I could hear him. I could see his life in the other side. I can feel his joy that we can reunite."

Peter: "there aren't any words that can describe life anymore. It has all become a mysterious daze. My dreams were turning stranger and stranger with each passing night. I am hearing voices, something I never did. They are difficult to make out, but I feel like they are sending me an important message. If I could just center myself wholly enough to hear what the astral plane wants to say... I could understand the pattern of my thoughts in this earthquake of a global consciousness. I can sometimes hear the screams of those entrapped by the cold-blooded creatures that were once our brothers and sisters in this land."

Joseph: "where am I to draw my breath? I must slow down to prevent dehydration. Where is this damned river anyway? I thought it would be miles less than this walking distance has led me to believe. But I desperately need water. I have not had any in 2 days. I can feel myself losing strength as I continue to walk in this hellish heat sweating profusely all the water I can not drink. I am to die out here, am I?"

Ginny: "who am I to say whether this being I interact with is my imagination or not. Something makes it respond to me. Something wants to be expressed from the universe. Imaginary friends are unusual for a 22 year old, but I'm sure I can manage myself better through their guidance."

Leo: "do yourself a favor and ignore this entry. All I feel is hatred. A rock coiled in a molten pot. I want to be a bringer of light. How can I become a light when I can't seem to find my own light? I am always so very lost in my wanderings. My ADHD mind can't tolerate situations like dinner parties and weddings."

Emily: "my son... My baby boy. Gone forever. All that effort in raising him right was for nothing. I visit your grave each day where your remains were buried. I hope you don't feel lonely on the other side. There are friends everywhere, and if you should ever need to talk to me, I will be listening for your voice dutifully. I want to open all my channels and accept the love that is the Divine Wisdom, that through intuition alone can you find enlightenment.

Pete: "I meander, still lost in confusion, around the city. I see all these empty streets that once held terrific New York traffic lines. How much you enjoy the little things when you have some time to yourself. But I can not be straightforward with you. Not yet. Give me time to settle with who I am in this lonely turbulent new reality. The true shape of the Universe is becoming clear, like a 12-sided shade, with one end leading to the other end for infinity."

Joseph: "water! I found it, I found the stream, after 3 days fluid free walking all day expecting to die, being free is the most important thing that has ever happened to me in my life. Those first sips of water sending relief through my bones. The sensation of liquid covering my face, still drinking face down. I will not part from this river. Wherever it takes me is wherever I am going."

Ginny: "I continue to listen to the vast array of silently spoken words at night time. Even a little guidance, one faint voice so slight and brave that it changes the entire spiritual energy of the woods. I am not alone. Clearly I am being swarmed by a number of entities. I just wish I could peer closer. I inch my way in, one day I will win. Paradise exists and heaven and hell are just modulations of earth."

Leo: "Earth is still around and the undead appear to be permanently dying due to starvation. It is the best use of starvation that God has ever used on earth. So now this cocksucking apocalypse is ending, and I'm supposed to return to real life? With big money market meetings and to visit Sea World and go exploring. I do not believe that we are all doomed. I can barely speak up for myself because I know I will just be ridiculed for it. I am HURTING. AND IT WONT STOP."

Emily: "Dude breathe. Breathe deeply. Slowly. No, you're breathing too fast. Don't control your breath. Become a part of the breath. Become your own inner guide. You have things on such a convoluted level that I can't find you. I can't read Braille. I have class! I know how to behave in front of people. I know what gets the crowd going. I want to jump into a sea of daisies. At last the atrocities were over. But still I laugh trapped by my own ego. Oh well!"

Peter: "I am letting all negative feeling to roll away from my body. I will take my form in a position to release toxins from my life. Water. We must hydrate more. No one drinks enough water. Cut the sodas out and gain some integrity you sleazy fuck. Oh god there it is again. The downward spiral that my mood takes me. I wonder what if I let that spiral melt? How does that make you feel? Makes you feel good? I'm glad. I'm going to make tonight very fun for you, my lucky number one."

Joseph: "we are back from our gazing at the sea breeze. We know that it is never too late to make amends with the love of your life. Forgiveness is a powerful tool. If you got physical with somebody and apologized, you may still have felt bitter towards him. Then I release. This is happening in my throat. The emotions rise up from the higher heart. Up my neck and around again."

Ginny: "I have taken on the hobby of painting to help me move on from the retreat I went on. You gotta taste the earth's candle, don't be a pocket flame. You act so ridiculously high all the time so what the fuck should I care how I sound when I speak? And I am SICK of feminists. Just shut the fuck up you period having mongrols!!!!!!"

Leo: "I guess this works. I still have my business all planned out. Now I just gotta find a distributor. Hm. It seems my wealth won't mean much in this new world. Perhaps I will retire to the wild again, for 5 nights of dancing around a campfire and chanting the whole way through. Connecting with nature is a very rare experience we don't fully appreciate until it's gone again."

BBS Signature