00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Da-Birb just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Artist news 2016-11-28 22:07:48

(Sorry about the spam. I've been having a lot of questions)

Any, how do you end up on the artist news?

Response to Artist news 2016-11-29 06:06:56 (edited 2016-11-29 06:08:06)

At 11/28/16 10:07 PM, NightRaid-NG wrote: (Sorry about the spam. I've been having a lot of questions)

It's what the Wi/Ht was made for! No worries. :)

Any, how do you end up on the artist news?

You submit a submission. Not sure exactly what the qualification is - if it's games/movies in particular, or if other content works as well, but that's the gist of it. If it is this page you mean, btw.

As for the Artist News box on the frontpage: you need to have at least one trophy to your name, and be the main author of that particular submission. Once you do, you'll be given the option of posting to the frontpage once every 14 days (at most).

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Artist news 2016-12-02 09:24:03 (edited 2016-12-02 09:24:46)

At 11/29/16 06:06 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
You submit a submission. Not sure exactly what the qualification is - if it's games/movies in particular, or if other content works as well, but that's the gist of it. If it is this page you mean, btw.

As for the Artist News box on the frontpage: you need to have at least one trophy to your name, and be the main author of that particular submission. Once you do, you'll be given the option of posting to the frontpage once every 14 days (at most).

Sorry to add more onto this, but I have a trophy and yet for some reason I don't see the option to submit to the front page. :x Isn't the option supposed to be on the same page as the newspost?

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to Artist news 2016-12-02 09:38:14

At 12/2/16 09:24 AM, Oddlem wrote: Sorry to add more onto this, but I have a trophy and yet for some reason I don't see the option to submit to the front page. :x Isn't the option supposed to be on the same page as the newspost?

You are not the main author. In a collab, only the main author gets that option.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Artist news 2016-12-02 09:38:41

At 12/2/16 09:24 AM, Oddlem wrote: Sorry to add more onto this, but I have a trophy and yet for some reason I don't see the option to submit to the front page. :x Isn't the option supposed to be on the same page as the newspost?

You need to be the main author, unfortunately, so on larger projects like the one you're credited on, only the user who creates the project will get that right. :/ The newspost editor is where it will appear once you have it, though!

BBS Signature

Response to Artist news 2016-12-02 12:09:49 (edited 2016-12-02 12:10:23)

At 12/2/16 11:57 AM, SlaughterTownDweller wrote: Does UnderDog of the week count?
How about Frontpage?
I've got these two for my game and i'm the main author but i never see myself there.

Underdog should count, though as for Frontpage I'm not so sure - they're not listed under 'Trophies' either.

You don't get listed on the frontpage automatically though, posting to the frontpage is something you can do at most once every 14 days - if you have the option. It looks like this:

Artist news

BBS Signature

Response to Artist news 2016-12-02 12:54:08

At 12/2/16 12:14 PM, SlaughterTownDweller wrote: This is kinda odd, i mean Underdog is still a trophy.

Yeah, Underdog is a trophy - it was one of the original ones...

I didn't even know this actually exists. man this site is full of mysteries.

That it is. :) Do you see this on your 'make a newspost' page though? Or no privileges for Underdog?

BBS Signature