00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Allthingz2020 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

If I were to give you a gaming PC

1,636 Views | 29 Replies

If I were to give you a gaming PC 2016-11-28 13:55:55

Would you stop wasting time on this forum?

BBS Signature

Response to If I were to give you a gaming PC 2016-11-28 14:47:46

No.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

At 11/28/16 01:55 PM, ArcadeDominator wrote: Would you stop wasting time on this forum?

Then I'd have two gaming PCs, and since I'm wasting my time on this forum having one gaming PC, having two will probably make me waste twice as much time here.

Response to If I were to give you a gaming PC 2016-11-28 22:11:44

At 11/28/16 02:47 PM, Painbringer wrote: No.

This

Response to If I were to give you a gaming PC 2016-11-28 22:27:38

Iv'e had mine for a week, haven't really played shit on it. So no.

BBS Signature

Response to If I were to give you a gaming PC 2016-11-28 23:10:55

I already have one. That hasn't stopped me one bit.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to If I were to give you a gaming PC 2016-11-29 01:23:02

I just got back. Do you already want me to leave? Shiiiiiiiiiii...

"I'm an Androgynous Misogynous" -- Billy the Fridge

Response to If I were to give you a gaming PC 2016-11-29 12:32:27

I don't really understand the connection.

"Sometimes reputations outlive their applications. Sometimes fires don't go out when you're done playing with them."

Response to If I were to give you a gaming PC 2016-11-29 16:21:20

havent played much games with my Intel desktop gamer mouse and gamer mechanical keyboard

im a pro i spam the the radio in counterstrike with my dominant hand and control the mouse with my Weak hand

Response to If I were to give you a gaming PC 2016-11-29 17:01:47

At 11/28/16 01:55 PM, ArcadeDominator wrote: Would you stop wasting time on this forum?

I got myself a gaming laptop a couple years ago and I'm still on here as often as ever. So I can safely say no.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to If I were to give you a gaming PC 2016-11-29 21:56:06

No games I would want to play really so no.

Response to If I were to give you a gaming PC 2016-11-29 21:57:31

In all honesty, most likely

BBS Signature

Response to If I were to give you a gaming PC 2016-11-30 04:21:53

i have a gaming pc

and yet, here i am every now and then

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

~The Journal of a Man Who Wandered into Another World

BBS Signature

Response to If I were to give you a gaming PC 2016-11-30 05:34:00

I haven't used this forum in awhile. I don't really use forums much anymore but I would love to have a PC.

Fuck the mainstream.

It's not wasting time if you enjoy spending it.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to If I were to give you a gaming PC 2016-11-30 17:28:25

Assuming that there were any sales on steam that I could actually run then yes I would spend less time on newgrounds. Not to mention the fact I've already got Hulu and Netflix memberships so that's a lot time wasted if not counting the music.

Response to If I were to give you a gaming PC 2016-11-30 22:17:21

Nope. My soul purpose on this planet is to waste time on Newgrounds forums.

"It's called consolidation; strengthen governments and corporations, weaken individuals."

I also draw stuff. Here's some of it.

BBS Signature

Response to If I were to give you a gaming PC 2016-11-30 22:20:33

At 11/30/16 08:48 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
It's not wasting time if you enjoy spending it.

Time isn't wasted when you're getting wasted

BBS Signature

Response to If I were to give you a gaming PC 2016-12-01 00:07:40

At 11/28/16 03:16 PM, PanzerJig wrote:
Then I'd have two gaming PCs, and since I'm wasting my time on this forum having one gaming PC, having two will probably make me waste twice as much time here.

Why not half?

∀x (∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ∀x ¬(x ∈ e)) ∨ ∃y ¬∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ¬∃z (z ∈ y ∧ z ∈ e ∧ ∀x ¬((x ∈ y ∧ x ∈ e) ∧ ¬(x = z)))))

Response to If I were to give you a gaming PC 2016-12-01 01:13:32

No, because I have one already.

If you were to give me games then maybe. (In other words, no)

Response to If I were to give you a gaming PC 2016-12-01 04:36:11

At 11/30/16 10:20 PM, Kayleeee wrote:
At 11/30/16 08:48 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: It's not wasting time if you enjoy spending it.
Time isn't wasted when you're getting wasted

Better not waste those times you get wasted.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to If I were to give you a gaming PC 2016-12-01 06:15:04

At 12/1/16 12:07 AM, sharpnova wrote:
At 11/28/16 03:16 PM, PanzerJig wrote:
Why not half?

Because I jokingly made it a direct proportion instead of an inversed one.

Response to If I were to give you a gaming PC 2016-12-02 04:50:42

At 11/30/16 05:05 AM, Xenomit wrote: Also "gaming" is a retarded term and anyone that uses it seriously to describe themselves or what they do should feel ashamed

Most people I know call themselves "gamers" not "gaming". Ironic, considering you're saying these people are mentally challenged. ;)

Re: OP's question, nah, I'd still be here. A gaming PC would just keep me a little busier. Imagine, I could composite GMVs in Sony Vegas without having to prerender everything to see what it looks like. I could run my DAW and like 10 tabs of firefox at the same time. I could do all kinds of shit this crappy Lenovo T410 scrapes by with, and play Skyrim SE on PC -- being able to sort my load order automatically is a big thing for me.

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to If I were to give you a gaming PC 2016-12-04 13:29:10

At 12/1/16 06:15 AM, PanzerJig wrote:
At 11/28/16 03:16 PM, PanzerJig wrote: Then I'd have two gaming PCs, and since I'm wasting my time on this forum having one gaming PC, having two will probably make me waste twice as much time here.
Why not half?

But where in the joke is the justification for that arbitrary choice? The joke doesn't work without some kind of logical underpinning my good friend :)

∀x (∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ∀x ¬(x ∈ e)) ∨ ∃y ¬∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ¬∃z (z ∈ y ∧ z ∈ e ∧ ∀x ¬((x ∈ y ∧ x ∈ e) ∧ ¬(x = z)))))

At 12/4/16 01:29 PM, sharpnova wrote:
At 12/1/16 06:15 AM, PanzerJig wrote:
At 11/28/16 03:16 PM, PanzerJig wrote: Then I'd have two gaming PCs, and since I'm wasting my time on this forum having one gaming PC, having two will probably make me waste twice as much time here.
Why not half?
But where in the joke is the justification for that arbitrary choice? The joke doesn't work without some kind of logical underpinning my good friend :)

It seems that you don't get the joke, which is based on leading the reader in a certain direction, making him
expect a logical consequence, and then throwing him of with an absurdity of what is really happening.

I'm not saying that this joke should amuse you, different people are in sync with different humor types in different periods of their life, I'm just explaining how this particular joke works.

Response to If I were to give you a gaming PC 2016-12-04 20:49:00

At 12/4/16 07:11 PM, PanzerJig wrote: It seems that you don't get the joke, which is based on leading the reader in a certain direction, making him
expect a logical consequence, and then throwing him of with an absurdity of what is really happening.

I'm not saying that this joke should amuse you, different people are in sync with different humor types in different periods of their life, I'm just explaining how this particular joke works.

I think I did get the joke. It's just that there was a point in the joke where it could have gone in one of two directions. You chose one but there wasn't really any basis for it. Even an ironic or contradictory basis would work.

I want to delve into this further.

Response to If I were to give you a gaming PC 2016-12-04 23:35:38

If i had a gaming pc
I would still be here.

this siggy is bad ok xd

BBS Signature

At 12/4/16 08:49 PM, sharpnova wrote:
At 12/4/16 07:11 PM, PanzerJig wrote: It seems that you don't get the joke, which is based on leading the reader in a certain direction, making him

I think I did get the joke. It's just that there was a point in the joke where it could have gone in one of two directions. You chose one but there wasn't really any basis for it. Even an ironic or contradictory basis would work.

I want to delve into this further.

The question posed in the thread - that if the op gave someone a gaming pc would that person stop wasting time on this forum -implies that having a gaming pc would decrease the amount time spent on the forum. The absurdity of my response here is that I purposefully made a logical phallacy falsly supported by a reality that contradicts the threads thesis: since I already have a gaming pc and I am wasting time on this forum, having two gaming pc would, by extrapolating this as a straight proportion, make me waste twice as much time ( instead of anticipated inversed proportion ) That is what I basically said in previous post - the joke here is based on leading the reader in a certain direction and then throwing him off by the absurdity of what is really happening. And that is all to it.

Response to If I were to give you a gaming PC 2016-12-05 16:26:30

At 12/5/16 09:54 AM, PanzerJig wrote: The question posed in the thread - that if the op gave someone a gaming pc would that person stop wasting time on this forum -implies that having a gaming pc would decrease the amount time spent on the forum. The absurdity of my response here is that I purposefully made a logical phallacy falsly supported by a reality that contradicts the threads thesis ....

Thank you for explaining. I think I follow you now. I'll need a little time to digest this though.

You are a good teacher and I appreciate your time.