00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

twmimic001 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

3D Brain Animation.. Whom to ask?

1,116 Views | 1 Reply
New Topic Respond to this Topic

3D Brain Animation.. Whom to ask? 2016-11-28 12:05:56

Hello folks,

My neuroscience lab and I were thinking of trying something new for data/results visualization/reporting.
The majority of research papers is distributed in PDF, you can embed 3D objects in the document, and animated images are possible with Latex. But SWF may be the way to go for interactive content in PDF, and also on websites.

I attached a GIF of a draft of what we were thinking (without actual 3D brain activity animation), and here a JPG of an example 3D brain activity animation that we can create in Matlab/Blender. The idea would be to create an animation of the brain that can be rotated in 3D (using Unity or Esquimo or other?) surrounded by a 2D frame of data representations.

So, do you think it is feasible? Where do you figure it would be the best place to ask (maybe not on Newgrounds)? How much do you reckon it would cost to our lab ask a freelancer/professional?

Thanks

3D Brain Animation.. Whom to ask?

Response to 3D Brain Animation.. Whom to ask? 2016-12-06 06:27:30

At 12/4/16 03:45 PM, D3KU wrote:
Yes its possible and it sounds like a fun project. In fact, I have recently been working on neuron/neural network modeling using programming and 3d representations. I would give it a go, however I work too slow and am unreliable. Try some free lancing websites because you'll surely find someone who can do a better job than me.

Thanks Deku for your reply.

Yes, we were already looking into freelancing websites. I thought to ask here too.

If you ever get back around to this stuff, do let me know.

Ta