00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Scottistrash just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

School year division

304 Views | 5 Replies

School year division 2016-11-27 22:13:53

I"m currently in college and the end of the fall quarter is near with tomorrow beginning the last full week of lecture and with finals beginning on Wednesday the following week.

This brings up a question, how is the school year broken up for you?
You may answer for secondary or post-secondary schools; It needn't be current attendants.

To start things up I had trimesters in middle school, semesters in high school, and I currently have quarters in college.

"I'm an Androgynous Misogynous" -- Billy the Fridge

Response to School year division 2016-11-27 22:27:15

At 11/27/16 10:13 PM, Verspar wrote: To start things up I had trimesters in middle school, semesters in high school, and I currently have quarters in college.

Quarters? So what, your year is broken into four parts?
In college, my year is broken up into the fall and spring main semester, with an optional summer semester. Not sure if they offer any optional winter semester classes, but it might be possible.

Response to School year division 2016-11-27 22:37:54

Fall semester, spring semester, optional summer semester.

BBS Signature

Response to School year division 2016-11-27 22:47:14

At 11/27/16 10:27 PM, CiviLies wrote:
At 11/27/16 10:13 PM, Verspar wrote: To start things up I had trimesters in middle school, semesters in high school, and I currently have quarters in college.
Quarters? So what, your year is broken into four parts?
In college, my year is broken up into the fall and spring main semester, with an optional summer semester. Not sure if they offer any optional winter semester classes, but it might be possible.

Quarter systems are broken up into 3 quarters, fall, winter, and spring; with an option summer quarter. We take slightly more classes a year than a semester students would, but I think the classes are also divided differently. For example, a year worth of physics is in 2 semester, but for me, a year in physics is in 3 quarters.

The course load for the quarter system is constant, so you cannot procrastinate. However, I've read this system is great for procrastinators because it forces them to not be able to procrastinate since the next deadline is always just around the corner. I guess one of the downside is that classes in a sequence (like physics) has 3 finals, while the semester have 2.

Response to School year division 2016-12-14 13:59:54

Bumping this because finals were last week for me and grades are posted tomorrow. Fall quarter is now over and winter quarter will start on the 4th of January. I want to know what your experiences with how the school years are divided up.

Response to School year division 2016-12-14 14:31:38

At 12/14/16 02:20 PM, IvoAluminum wrote: Divison is like quite simple or hard :/

But yeah i did division before, back from my days, and also i kinda get triggered.

Well that's one way to keep a conversation, But I really want to know whether or not your years were divided into semester, trimesters, quarters, or others if there is any. You can mention any secondary or post-secondary school experiences you've had.