New Topic Respond to this Topic
LostVoices
LostVoices
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate

how is android development with flash?

Its been years since ive touched flash and as3 and would like to play around some more

I remember once i found an air addon or something that allowed me to package flash games to android ios and windows .exe games that you could put on steam.

Wondering if anyone has done this and how it goes.

When i tried i had a crappy phone and couldnt tell if it was viable and ram hungry.. I made a simple touch the screen and a water ripple animation played. But i felt it was chewing ram

Are there any popular apps made in flash on android or on steam at all?

I enjoyed flash back in the day and was thinking to either get into flash again or learn c# and and unity 2d.. Or maybe html5 and js.
Not interested in 3d games really.. Im old skool and love 2d games... Bring on the mini snes!!

Any opinions would be great. I havent been here since like 2008 or 2010 i think.. Would love to come back

My greatest fear is such as my phone i cant watch or play newgrounds content from back in the day. Just as a hobby id love to just create a game that could be accessed on phone

Sorry for spelling.. On a new phone and massive screen not used to it

awww

Gimmick
Gimmick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Programmer
Response to Android game with flash?? 2016-11-19 11:00:37 Reply

Adobe AIR can in fact be used to build flash games to Android and iOS, however, it has to be built specifically for it. There's different events altogether (e.g. TouchEvent instead of MouseEvent, etc.) and different optimizations (vector rendering sucks on mobile right now, and bitmaps are the way to go; using stage3d via starling is recommended, or any alternative too).

And yes, games have been made for Android using AS3 and Adobe AIR. Adobe claims 50k+, but take that estimate with a grain of salt.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp
"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature
disagree
disagree
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Android game with flash?? 2017-05-03 04:59:05 Reply

You can port your as3 code to haxe and compile it with the OpenFL lib ( Open Flash ). That way you can build to all kinds of targets ( mobile, desktops, swf & html5... ) while still using the old flash structure. Apart from some small changes your code should still run, but this time with nicer performance as it's compiled to native code.

At 11/18/16 04:42 AM, LostVoices wrote: how is android development with flash?

Its been years since ive touched flash and as3 and would like to play around some more

I remember once i found an air addon or something that allowed me to package flash games to android ios and windows .exe games that you could put on steam.

Wondering if anyone has done this and how it goes.

When i tried i had a crappy phone and couldnt tell if it was viable and ram hungry.. I made a simple touch the screen and a water ripple animation played. But i felt it was chewing ram

Are there any popular apps made in flash on android or on steam at all?

I enjoyed flash back in the day and was thinking to either get into flash again or learn c# and and unity 2d.. Or maybe html5 and js.
Not interested in 3d games really.. Im old skool and love 2d games... Bring on the mini snes!!

Any opinions would be great. I havent been here since like 2008 or 2010 i think.. Would love to come back

My greatest fear is such as my phone i cant watch or play newgrounds content from back in the day. Just as a hobby id love to just create a game that could be accessed on phone

Sorry for spelling.. On a new phone and massive screen not used to it

A little puzzle game for your Android. Worked on this with kendja.

BBS Signature