00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Allthingz2020 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

help my animation wont work right

321 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

help my animation wont work right 2016-11-16 09:37:17

i have run into a small snag while doing practice animation. i decided to practice using sprites and was saving each move as an individual movie clip symbols just like my tutorial says to do. when i test them in the symbol screen they work fine but when i put them in the main movie they dont play no matter what i do they just stay still so any thoughts on what to do here im really stumped.

Response to help my animation wont work right 2016-11-16 09:42:24

Are you publishing or just hitting play on the timeline? If you're just hitting play on the timeline your movieclips wont show their animation. You need to go to control->test movie.

Response to help my animation wont work right 2016-11-16 12:08:53

At 11/16/16 09:37 AM, nanocon wrote: i have run into a small snag while doing practice animation. i decided to practice using sprites and was saving each move as an individual movie clip symbols just like my tutorial says to do. when i test them in the symbol screen they work fine but when i put them in the main movie they dont play no matter what i do they just stay still so any thoughts on what to do here im really stumped.

The thing is movie clips are more actionsriptish/flashish. If you want them to be an equal part of animation, you can use animated graphic symbols. Then their frames will be "conformed" into main timeline.