00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

PopiSlim just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I need help pls... 2016-11-10 07:26:59

I'm a beginner artist and want to create an animated film. I dont know if i can do it yet but i am willing to try. My question is should i make really short clips? say, 50 seconds. or 5-10 minute films? whats a good duration lenth should i go for?

Response to I need help pls... 2016-11-10 16:01:18

At 11/10/16 07:26 AM, DumbPizza64 wrote: I'm a beginner artist and want to create an animated film. I dont know if i can do it yet but i am willing to try. My question is should i make really short clips? say, 50 seconds. or 5-10 minute films? whats a good duration lenth should i go for?

You don't want to make it too short, like only a few seconds long because it will most likely get blammed. I say that 30 to 50 seconds is a good starting point, but that's just me. You can make your animation as long as you want, really. Just don't be afraid and give it your best shot!

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to I need help pls... 2016-11-11 06:50:00

At 11/10/16 07:26 AM, DumbPizza64 wrote: I'm a beginner artist and want to create an animated film. I dont know if i can do it yet but i am willing to try. My question is should i make really short clips? say, 50 seconds. or 5-10 minute films? whats a good duration lenth should i go for?

As DeftonesFan665 mentions, there's really no 'perfect' length. Rule of thumb: as long as it takes to tell the story/joke/whatever it is you're attempting to tell! Some great jokes are just a few seconds long, though that's the exception that proves the rule. Generally it feels like from a half to a few minutes is the 'usual' length. Most important part is the content though, length comes second.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature