00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Crakie20 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Where to put music to get noticed

1,501 Views | 9 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Where to put music to get noticed 2016-11-02 19:17:00

Every musician knows that where you put your music matters and that you can't just use YouTube because YouTube's servers are riddled with a BUNCH of music, so the question is were to put your music.

Soundcloud- Soundcloud is a great place to put music because it is very versitle in the way you search for music and has a very large group of people that just go around searching a bunch of random stuff (Which I belive gives you a greater chance of getting noticed

Scofen- Scofen is a excellent way of getting noticed as well as a quick way to get your music reviewed

Bandcamp- The one place ruled by Indie musicians, Bandcamp is filled with indie musicians and people looking for indie musicians, and to top that the site takes minimal fees for sold songs on their site

Newgrounds- Thats why you came here right?

If you belive that I should add something that message me and if you think is helpful than tell me.
Ps. this is also a learning experience for me.

I'm drowning more everyday...

Check out my YouTube

Soundcloud- Soundcloud is a great place to put music because it is very versitle in the way you search for music and has a very large group of people that just go around searching a bunch of random stuff (Which I belive gives you a greater chance of getting noticed

Scofen- Scofen is a excellent way of getting noticed as well as a quick way to get your music reviewed

Bandcamp- The one place ruled by Indie musicians, Bandcamp is filled with indie musicians and people looking for indie musicians, and to top that the site takes minimal fees for sold songs on their site

If you belive that I should add something that message me and if you think is helpful than tell me.

I've never heard of scofen. Soundcloud, sure you can get noticed by great producers, but some of them are bots, and i don't think you want bots to like your music, unless it's a real live sentinent robot. I'm actually thinking of going bandcamp, but it involves money. Newgrounds: The audio portal is taken over by aliens from geometry dash and they don't post their own audio, just someone else's audio. You need a video editor for youtube. These are just my opinions.

Response to Where to put music to get noticed 2016-11-03 13:02:27

I've been using Bandcamp since I was fourteen and I personally feel it's the best site to place your music. Granted, the community is near non-existent, but the actual quality of the music is the best compared to NG and SC (you can upload any type of file you want instead of just MP3s, meaning you can upload a better quality file. Also the player is just superior imo.) As far as getting your music actually noticed... I'm still trying to work that one out. SC is good but it depends what kind of music you're making. There' a huge oversaturation of certain types of music up on there. Getting yourself actually noticed is tricky. Forums and close knit communities like NG are pretty good for that. Also, the music forum on 4chan and related groups on Facebook (ie. /mu/sicians) are good for getting other artists to hear your work. But again, there's an oversaturation of certain genres there, namely trap, noise and drone.

Truthfully, I think you should be going local. Find an indie radio station in your town, ask them to play your shit. Get involved with the scene at home. There's so much shit on the internet, no one's gonna have time for you. But if you can play shows, meet other people irl, actually gain fans then you'll get a following and will be a lot louder online. It's daunting as hell but I think that's the way to go right now. The internet isn't as small as it used to be and right now it's so difficult to get heard but I don't think it's entirely impossible. Yet.

Response to Where to put music to get noticed 2016-11-03 15:33:38

At 11/3/16 01:02 PM, polarpoole wrote: Also, the music forum on 4chan and related groups on Facebook (ie. /mu/sicians) are good for getting other artists to hear your work. But again, there's an oversaturation of certain genres there, namely trap, noise and drone.

I will put social media on as another

Truthfully, I think you should be going local. Find an indie radio station in your town, ask them to play your shit. Get involved with the scene at home.

This is mainly for people who have either little money or no money, but I understand what you are saying. but indie radio stations in general don't exist where I live. (mainly because every one is a bunch of close minded pricks)

Check out my YouTube

Response to Where to put music to get noticed 2016-11-03 15:38:48

At 11/2/16 07:17 PM, DIBLIS wrote: Every musician knows that where you put your music matters and that you can't just use YouTube because YouTube's servers are riddled with a BUNCH of music, so the question is were to put your music.

Social media- Create your own Social Media page to expand to the audience on places such as facebook, twitter, ETC

Indie Radio stations- if you have the money than you can submit music to a radio station

Check out my YouTube

Response to Where to put music to get noticed 2016-11-08 20:31:07

For the average musician (little to no fanbase) I would expect local radio would generally have better results than simply uploading it on SoundCloud, but the barriers to entry are higher; quality is not a prerequisite on SC.

Response to Where to put music to get noticed 2016-11-14 10:15:51

Add, also: The Radio (for example, college radio stations that accept local artists)

Add also: Live music venues (because after a set you can mingle with the crowd and promote your social media presence when you're on a mic. I know some of you might be shy but it's certainly worth it)

Never stop creating.

Discord

Links

BBS Signature

Response to Where to put music to get noticed 2016-11-14 11:52:05

At 11/14/16 10:15 AM, frootza wrote: Add, also: The Radio (for example, college radio stations that accept local artists)

Add also: Live music venues (because after a set you can mingle with the crowd and promote your social media presence when you're on a mic. I know some of you might be shy but it's certainly worth it)

The people this is going to have mainly not been noticed and if you are going to do a live thing you have to be noticed or you live in a really small town

Check out my YouTube

Make music with the best effort that you can and through practice get better. Fans will come. It's about fun anyways. Stop worrying about getting popular and just have fun. People will notice you when they feel your soul.

Response to Where to put music to get noticed 2016-11-17 08:58:08

I managed to get a few thousand listens on SoundCloud but have no idea how. But I prefer the layout and graphics of Newgrounds, so prefer all my audio in one play aka my NG audio page.

BBS Signature