00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

NisoXD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Are we slaves?

1,553 Views | 25 Replies

Are we slaves? 2016-11-02 04:53:25

Do you personally believe that freedom is just an illusion and that there is a higher power pulling the strings?

Are we slaves?

Response to Are we slaves? 2016-11-02 10:45:25

Looks like you got too much time on your hands if you actually believe that. Next thing you're going to tell me is all of space is Star Wars.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Are we slaves? 2016-11-03 08:57:23

yes
but you can emancipate yourself by going off the grid.

Response to Are we slaves? 2016-11-03 09:07:49

I don't doubt that there are a group of old school richies steering the world in their favor, but what you gonna do?

"Sometimes reputations outlive their applications. Sometimes fires don't go out when you're done playing with them."

Response to Are we slaves? 2016-11-04 16:15:19

At 11/2/16 04:53 AM, LauriJ wrote: Do you personally believe that freedom is just an illusion and that there is a higher power pulling the strings?

Freedom is an illusion in the USA
Ofcouse we do get paid...... but that just makes it slavery with a few extra steps. Then again we are all slaves to something.

Response to Are we slaves? 2016-11-04 22:51:26

At 11/4/16 04:15 PM, QArtsMedia wrote: Ofcouse we do get paid...... but that just makes it slavery with a few extra steps. Then again we are all slaves to something.

If you're attached to something, you're a slave to it, if you want to speak in your words. That's not THE MAN. That's human nature.

Response to Are we slaves? 2016-11-05 11:52:15

At 11/4/16 04:15 PM, QArtsMedia wrote: Ofcouse we do get paid...... but that just makes it slavery with a few extra steps. Then again we are all slaves to something.

Ok, I think we all seem to be confused of what slavery actually is, and that's not including contrarian phrases like wage slavery, which really isn't slavery in the traditional sense and makes them sound slicker than they really are.

BBS Signature

Response to Are we slaves? 2016-11-05 16:26:09

Since this is getting into the semantics I'll make this post as literal as possible. "Slave" is a constructed term because it refers to things in terms of "freedom" and "property" which are both human constructs.

If we want to go into a definition that requires legal recognition of ownership, no slaves exist in America. Of course, people are always talking about the underground slave trade here, because there are people that have been abducted and pulled off the grid and have no ability to defend themselves or revolt against someone forcing them into labor or sex. If you accept the idea of those people being slaves, you're using a colloquial definition referring to someone that doesn't have the freedom to make their own life decisions. By that same definition, people that are underpaid and have no opportunities to educate themselves and secure a better future are also slaves.

Keep in mind that this is all relative. In the end we're slaves to our own physical limitations which demand we take shelter from the elements and feed ourselves. Aside from our indefinite responsibility to support ourselves biologically, our ethical decisions are based on principles that we inherited genetically and culturally, which means that freedom is built upon the false idea that humans have original thought.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to Are we slaves? 2016-11-05 21:03:27

Yes, I do believe there is a set formula/algorithm that affects the masses that was instilled by people with ancient knowledge and everything is going as planned

Are you not Entertained ?!?

BBS Signature

Response to Are we slaves? 2016-11-06 10:00:49

We're slaves of the state.
The choice of the majority is not my choice, it's the choice of force. The government of the majority is not my government, it's the government of force.

Wow !

Okay.

Response to Are we slaves? 2016-11-06 12:35:16

Cogs in the machine, man.

Response to Are we slaves? 2016-11-06 17:18:25

At 11/2/16 04:53 AM, LauriJ wrote: Do you personally believe that freedom is just an illusion and that there is a higher power pulling the strings?

I wouldn't say I full heartedly believe it, but I also wouldn't be surprised at all if this was all true.

"It's called consolidation; strengthen governments and corporations, weaken individuals."

I also draw stuff. Here's some of it.

BBS Signature

Response to Are we slaves? 2016-11-06 20:30:21

I'm a slave who has been trapped, buried, and eaten alive by my anxiety and depression.

Response to Are we slaves? 2016-11-06 20:39:02

No.

Response to Are we slaves? 2016-11-07 00:56:07

Nothing is stopping you from going off the grid and living out in the wild, hunting for your own food, building your own shelter and making your own clothes.

But human life expectancy only increased because of modern lifestyle, so by denying yourself of this, you may decrease your chances of survival.

Response to Are we slaves? 2016-11-07 01:58:16

The answer is complicated we have to expect hundreds of years for better understand the answer

the answer you're thinking can be your big mistake and you lie to yourself, and the others

think about it...

Response to Are we slaves? 2016-11-07 08:17:29

I personally believe it. Now the question is, who are these greater men that really control this world?

Response to Are we slaves? 2016-11-07 10:00:38

At 11/2/16 10:45 AM, orangebomb wrote: all of space is Star Wars.

Our space yes!

http://www.atomicarchive.com/History/coldwar/page20.shtml

Response to Are we slaves? 2016-11-13 11:03:34

At 11/7/16 12:56 AM, Goldsickle wrote: Nothing is stopping you from going off the grid and living out in the wild, hunting for your own food, building your own shelter and making your own clothes.

;;;
Actually there are all kinds of things stopping you.
Property laws, you can't just 'go build' something anywhere you want, federal lands use laws prohibit this, there are tribal lands & provincial parks etc, lots of 'wild' space...but that isn't available.
So you would need to hide & hopefully not be found, but even the mountain men of the early days of North American settlement , came outta the bush for trade, food etc etc. So you would still need access to a store or 2 & the ability to purchase what you want/need. aka some coffee or a new knife.
Then there's the buy you own piece of land out in the middle of bum f`ck nowhere & even then you are constrained on what you can build .

But human life expectancy only increased because of modern lifestyle, so by denying yourself of this, you may decrease your chances of survival.

We for the most part are wage slaves.
It is exactly that problem which had me start my own business & its why I no longer have a job, but work on a contract basis. Once I finish a project, taking on another one or not is up to me & having equipment rented helps keep cash coming in .But I no longer owe anyone anything.
Which is what really keeps you in poverty , loans, credit cards. get rid of that buy you own property & your bills become way lower.

Just think how much more disposable income you would have with no rent/mortgage, no vehicle payment(s), no credit card debt !

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

Response to Are we slaves? 2016-11-13 18:26:08

At 11/13/16 03:59 PM, Entice wrote: Stuff

This might just be the most intelligent answer in this thread so far. (which isn't saying much considering the thread)

The fact that you have a voice in what representives you want pretty much defeats this entire thread, along with a whole bunch of things that a slave wouldn't be able to do. Also, I never really understood the concept of wage slavery, considering that you made a choice to work in a corporate environment and you can leave if you so choose, last time I checked, you can't exactly leave slavery whenever you want if you're a slave.

Unfortunately, whether due to ignorance or having a defeatist attitude on politics, this often goes on deaf ears and because of this, the "slaves" argument is floated around so much more than it deserves to be, and it doesn't take much for misguided (and that's being kind here) beliefs to spread and everyone to get the wrong idea.

BBS Signature

Response to Are we slaves? 2016-11-23 04:34:09

At 11/13/16 03:59 PM, Entice wrote: I'd say no, because people still influence politics in the US.

voting and protesting only do any good if a candidate you like the policies of is running for office or already in office and willing/able to listen to you.

in that regard, it's the same as simply bitching about one's problems on a local level and hoping someone with money or power will swoop in and save you with a monetary donation or having a word with whoever's bugging you or researching cures for what ails you.

some elements of skill, some elements of luck.

it's all still one big dangerous game. i like that. until i'm on the wrong side of the fallout. then i get miffed for awhile. just like everyone else. we're all born human. we can become monsters or heroes.. gods or devils.. but we're all born human.

i intend to take the middle path. slightly leaning towards whatever side elicits the emotion i like most in the moment. sometimes in myself. sometimes in you all. sometimes in fiction where no real people are harmed.

i sway left and right.. but never jump unless it's forward or backward in time. i dont intend to die with you humans.

i'm the ficklest, most insane mass manipulator of all.. i dont even remember what i originally liked because i manipulated myself without my knowledge of it..

but it's fun. i am nothingness in the end unless someone i cannot defeat traps me and forces a stable raison d'terre on me from which i cannot ever escape. i'm a master of escaping anything. even reason. so it better be a non-contradictory ideal to make up for the contradictory ones i take in regularly.

i dont believe i can be defeated once and for all yet however. and so here i am scorned by science and heaven and hell.

left to my mystic arts to find answers.. what would i find permanently fun? what is perfection other than something most people claim to be against but secretly strive for due to it being their ever-changing ideal?

how do i realize such an ideal world?

how do i ensure everyone who ever existed gets to live there forever and not be discontent, including me?

what is it about such a world that made me seek it? i dont like real wars or deaths.. just tortures. both victim and perpetrator of torture.. dammit my darker side is waking up again..i like his energy making me feel invincible but it lacks persuasive power to let him loose..

i ought to return to dreamland.. zzz...

Response to Are we slaves? 2016-11-23 13:36:54 (edited 2016-11-23 13:40:46)

At 11/13/16 06:26 PM, orangebomb wrote:
The fact that you have a voice in what representives you want pretty much defeats this entire thread, along with a whole bunch of things that a slave wouldn't be able to do. Also, I never really understood the concept of wage slavery, considering

;;;
Oh, bloddy hell give me a break , a say in what goes on ... because you vote ....please just stop there.
The whole idea that an 'election' gives you choice is BS.That you don't even recognize that completely negates anything else about it you may mumble !

Your inability to understand wage slavery, in no way what so ever negates the fact ... it is part of life in every major society on this planet ! That without a way to regularly be paid a fiat currency, for your labour & as much of that as possible is taken from you by taxes & fees, etc means, if you attempt to reject this control of you, then you are destined for poverty & a shortened life !

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

Response to Are we slaves? 2016-11-23 14:58:33

At 11/23/16 01:36 PM, morefngdbs wrote: Oh, bloddy hell give me a break , a say in what goes on ... because you vote ....please just stop there.
The whole idea that an 'election' gives you choice is BS.That you don't even recognize that completely negates anything else about it you may mumble !

Yes, because there is a true one-world group that controls everything from beyond the shadows, as I'm supposed to believe that. Next thing you're going to tell me is that jet fuel can't melt steel beams or there's a race of mole people under Denver. Of course, that's the kind of argument that non-voters make and then turn around and get all pissy when somebody does something they don't like.

The point I'm trying to make is that have a choice in your electors, otherwise why would be wasting 240 years of democratic rule in the U.S. (not to mention most other first world nations the last 70 years or so) choosing our leaders instead of having who knows what choose our leader? Or are you still convinced that it's all part of the NWO?

Your inability to understand wage slavery, in no way what so ever negates the fact ... it is part of life in every major society on this planet !

Wage slavery is a contradiction, that alone makes it invalid.

That without a way to regularly be paid a fiat currency, for your labour & as much of that as possible is taken from you by taxes & fees, etc means, if you attempt to reject this control of you, then you are destined for poverty & a shortened life !

Yes, how dare we have roads to drive on, parks to enjoy in or have medical care that extends our well-being and lifespan past 25 years? You sound like one of those Kaczynski/Luddite sympathizers who think that taxes and the march of progress is evil because your neighbors' dog tells you that. Consumerism isn't some horrible boogeyman just because a few idiots abuse the system, whether for status or profit, and ignorance of this (whether intentional or not) is not a good enough excuse.

BBS Signature

Response to Are we slaves? 2016-11-23 20:33:39

Slaves work for free, so if we are answering your questions & moderating a forum without pay, then we are slaves. Now get back to work.

Response to Are we slaves? 2016-11-24 10:48:05

At 11/23/16 02:58 PM, orangebomb wrote:
At 11/23/16 01:36 PM, morefngdbs wrote: Oh, bloddy hell give me a break , a say in what goes on ... because you vote ....please just stop there.
Yes, because there is a true one-world group

They are called the banking elite & they pretty much are owners of the world.

The point I'm trying to make is that have a choice in your electors,

You have a choice where they give you your choices. Any time anyone can be elected by promising the electorate "insert bullshit promise here" & then immediately go back on it, example Hillary investigation if Trump wins. Now he's backed down.

So your electorate has been lied to ...what can you do ?
Nothing, zip, zilch zero ! ! !
SO what choice do you have ...none because no matter what you "choose" the elected does what they want, so you may choose a person, you choose nothing else & that's where so called democracy has fallen off the rails, as it was originally designed that the person(s) elected DID WHAT THE MAJORITY VOTERS WANTED ! ! ! ! !

Your inability to understand wage slavery, in no way what so ever negates the fact ... it is part of life in every major society on this planet !
Wage slavery is a contradiction, that alone makes it invalid.

wrong
Slavery, had conditions where slave owners WERE SUPPOSE to provide proper food & care for their slaves, yes there were abuses. There were also slave owners who knew that well looked after slaves did better work , so thereby making it worthwhile to take better care of them...aka they were paid better, after all right now today many jobs have standards of food, clothing (safety equipment) lodging etc provided in the contract for you to go there, look up Arctic or Antarctic job placements along with other distant & remote jobs. Most companies comply, some do not, often complaining will get you fired, better than a whipping or cutting out your tongue I suppose. Hey Look , you can call that an American Workers lot has improved !

That without a way to regularly be paid a fiat currency, for your labour & as much of that as possible is taken from you by taxes & fees, etc means, if you attempt to reject this control of you, then you are destined for poverty & a shortened life !
Yes, how dare we have roads to drive on, parks to enjoy in or have medical care that extends our well-being and lifespan past 25 years? You sound like one of those Kaczynski/Luddite sympathizers who think that taxes

;;;
I live in Canada & our taxes PAY FOR OUR MEDICAL SYSTEM ...its not for profit like yours is...I give you the 600 dollar American epi-pen as a perfect example of your system being broken.

The entire everything for profit is why you have tens of thousands of homeless people in your country, You are a police state where armed force is used against even peaceful demonstrators IF that demonstration inconveniences big business (which are all tied into the banking cartels) they have rights, the people in all cases against them do not.

That's not a conspiracy theory, that's a fact. Deny it all you want doesn't change it, look at cancer alley in the USA, look at the Standing Rock protest. Hell you have big business violating treaty lands, doesn't matter if its good pipeline, bad pipeline...doesn't matter its their land-period- full stop ...except when the Banksters say it isn't , so they order their Government servants to do what the American Government has always done.
Murder them & cover up the abuses.

Response to Are we slaves? 2016-11-24 14:11:58

Yes but we're not slaves